Sep 20, 2019, 09:06 PM
No.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2019, 02:01 PM
sportflyer

ESC BEC/signal wire colors

I wish that Turnigy had kept the BEC /signal wires same as servo wire colors for example Red/Black/Any other color for signal instead of 2 leads same color for +/- and a different lead color for signal.
Sep 24, 2019, 12:34 PM
FPV'r

plush 32 30A

I had a new plush 32 30A ESC where the BEC stopped working after a few flights.
It failed to work after several tries.
With the BEC output zero the ESC could still control the motor.

Then all of a sudden after trying to get it to work on a servo tester, it started working.
Now I can not get it to fail but there is no way I will use it again.

I am trying to return for refund or replacement at HobbyKing.
Sep 25, 2019, 06:01 PM
sportflyer

Rimfire 28 motor timing

Can someone tell me what is the proper setting for timing for this motor ? I have it set as auto in the ESC ( Turnigy Plush 32 , 60 A) , Default ESC setting was 18 Degrees. Tks
Sep 25, 2019, 06:14 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportflyer
Can someone tell me what is the proper setting for timing for this motor ? I have it set as auto in the ESC ( Turnigy Plush 32 , 60 A) , Default ESC setting was 18 Degrees. Tks
what 28 do to have?
I think 60a ESC is huge overkill looking at max current of the power 28 series.

most likely default is fine
Sep 25, 2019, 09:05 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1
I had a new plush 32 30A ESC where the BEC stopped working after a few flights.
It failed to work after several tries.
With the BEC output zero the ESC could still control the motor.

Then all of a sudden after trying to get it to work on a servo tester, it started working.
Now I can not get it to fail but there is no way I will use it again.

I am trying to return for refund or replacement at HobbyKing.
HK have replaced the defective unit very quickly...
good service and support..
Oct 11, 2019, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=tonytek;42199819]Hi all. Im trying a 20 amp on my current build. Its making the motor stutter and attempts to run reversed at startup. If I flip the prop in the correct direction then apply power, it will start smoothly. No problem using any other ESC. Any ideas??[/QUOTE

Hey all,

I have purchased two of these Turnigy Plush-32 series escs and connected it to a Turnigy G25 motor. I am having the same stuttering issues as tonytek. I tried every timing setting with the program card and the stuttering is still there. I tried changing the "Startup Power" settings-no change. I inspected all my soldering joints-all look good. As with tonytek, if the prop is spinning while power is applied there is no stutter.

I connected a different motor with and without a prop-the motor stuttered both with and without a prop but worse with a prop.

I then connected the other esc to the Turnigy G25 motor-that esc behaves exactly the same way as the previous esc.

I am at a loss-any help is appreciated. Tonytek have you resolved the issue? I don't want to fly with these escs.

Thanks,
Ted
Oct 11, 2019, 06:41 PM
FPV'r
[QUOTE=turfsurfer;42929097]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytek
Hi all. Im trying a 20 amp on my current build. Its making the motor stutter and attempts to run reversed at startup. If I flip the prop in the correct direction then apply power, it will start smoothly. No problem using any other ESC. Any ideas??[/QUOTE

Hey all,

I have purchased two of these Turnigy Plush-32 series escs and connected it to a Turnigy G25 motor. I am having the same stuttering issues as tonytek. I tried every timing setting with the program card and the stuttering is still there. I tried changing the "Startup Power" settings-no change. I inspected all my soldering joints-all look good. As with tonytek, if the prop is spinning while power is applied there is no stutter.

I connected a different motor with and without a prop-the motor stuttered both with and without a prop but worse with a prop.

I then connected the other esc to the Turnigy G25 motor-that esc behaves exactly the same way as the previous esc.

I am at a loss-any help is appreciated. Tonytek have you resolved the issue? I don't want to fly with these escs.

Thanks,
Ted
return for warranty replacement..
Oct 11, 2019, 06:51 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
See
Motor stuttering? Won't run? Read before asking. - RCG

Prettig weekend Ron
• Without a watt-meter you are in the dark ... until something starts to glow, or blow •
e-flight calculatorswatt-metershigh power motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
Oct 11, 2019, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron van Sommeren
See
Motor stuttering? Won't run? Read before asking. - RCG

Prettig weekend Ron
Without a watt-meter you are in the dark ... until something starts to glow, or blow
e-flight calculators watt-meters high power motor tips&tricks Cumulus MFC
Ron,

Thanks for that link-I tried most of what applied. With two motors and two escs and good soldering joints all doing the same thing, I don't know what I can do except for exploratory surgery. I don't want to void the warranty. I will try an old Plush 40a esc and see what happens.

Thanks again,
Ted
Oct 11, 2019, 07:08 PM
Just tried a old 60a Plush esc-works fine. I wonder if there is a way to update the firmware?
Oct 20, 2019, 09:40 AM

Beeping every 5s

Plush32 40amp default settings except brake on at 50%. Throttles fine but soon as I cut throttle the ESC has single beep every 5 seconds.
I cant figure out whats causing this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Oct 20, 2019, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyview4U
Plush32 40amp default settings except brake on at 50%. Throttles fine but soon as I cut throttle the ESC has single beep every 5 seconds.
I cant figure out whats causing this. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
I had that also when coming back from a flight.
My guess is that the ESC detected a too low voltage.
Oct 22, 2019, 02:43 PM
Me again,

I never found a solution to the stuttering ESCs. After a lot of back and forth with Hobbyking, they gave me a refund and did not have to send the ESCs back to them. They never gave me a root cause for the failure.
The problem is, as I explained to them, is now I lost trust in the Series-32 ESCs and will be very unlikely to purchase them in the future. This is a shame because I had very good luck with them in the past.
So if anyone has any new info., I would appreciate if you would reply. This is much about curiosity as anything else. It is just strange that this happened with 2 different ESCs with 2 different motors, going over my soldering joints and trying different settings. BTW, there is no way to update the firmware as per Hobbyking.

Thanks,
Ted
Last edited by turfsurfer; Oct 22, 2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: punctuation and addition
Oct 22, 2019, 02:48 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by turfsurfer
Me again,

I never found a solution to the stuttering ESCs. After a lot of back and forth with Hobbyking they gave me a refund and did not have to send the ESCs back to them. They never gave me a root cause for the failure.
The problem is, as I explained to them, is now I lost trust in the Series-32 ESCs and will be very unlikely to purchase them in the future. This is a shame because I had very good luck with them in the past.
So if anyone has any new info., I would appreciate if you would reply. This is much about curiosity as anything else. It is just strange that this happened with 2 different ESCs with 2 different motors, going over my soldering joints and trying different settings.

Thanks,
Ted
The Plush brand seemed ok but the Plush 32 is new to me.
Also on HK you can no longer leave comments about a product unless it is a good comment otherwise it gets censored.

Quick Reply