Jun 15, 2019, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
I can tell you're a Traxxas fanboy given how offended you seem whenever anyone gives an honest assessment of Arrma vs Traxxas quality. That's cool, each to their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsear2905
Your other point about durability is definitely true regarding their off-road offerings, but at this stage you are guessing with regard to this new platform.
I wasn't offended - I agreed with you. Not sure why you think that's being "a Traxxas fanboy."
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2019, 03:37 AM
Car Bashing
Even if both brands use existing parts from others of their cars, the Arrma chassis plate isn't a simple flat sheet of aluminum, here is an innovation.

I prefer the chassis layout of the Arrma, you can change the motor position. What i see on the XO-1 is an old layout with the same motor position than on almost all their chassis. Arrma uses parts which come from their 1/8, when Traxxas use parts from the 1/10 slash 4x4 with 1/10 transmission, they have slightly change the inside of the diff..

About the competition between brands, we know what first tools use Traxxas we they see concurrents, it isn't by really trying to be innovating first.

Since the last years we can see Arrma improving their 1/8 year after year by watching how their cars are used, they take modifications from users and try to add to their chassis what modifications users did and try to keep the cost down. During years Traxxas was able to see all the design flaws on the e-revo but they did nothing but their prices goes up on almost all their chassis, even with +20yo desgin.

Quote:
Durability? Maybe at 40mph, Arrma beats Traxxas, but a +60mph RC car vs curb, none of them fair well.
It is sure that both cars won't resist to fatal crashes, but in comparison, i guess the Arrma will be more resistent with less damages. We are still able to straight back an arrma shaft, but with the center aluminum tube shaft of a traxxas..., it is one example.
Jun 17, 2019, 03:08 AM
I thought I'd get the XO-1 out yesterday, and after about 10 minutes of driving up and down a street at ludicrous speeds I remembered...

ON ROAD SPEED RUNS ARE BORING AF.

I would rather drive at half the speed around a tight, technical track, either on or off-road.
Jun 17, 2019, 03:56 AM
Car Bashing
I'm not a huge fan of speed run too. The main interesting goal would be to break speed record or have access to a big on-road track. Many speed runners use 1/8 buggy chassis, mainly because they are able to run on not so smooth surfaces. It isn't easy to find a very long portion of clean asphalt.

But it seems the Infraction can be bashed not only on clean on-road surfaces :

Insane Fun! The ARRMA Infraction Drifting A 1/5th Scale Oval Track (12 min 31 sec)

Can the Arrma Infraction Run on Grass 😁? (1 min 46 sec)
Jun 17, 2019, 08:00 AM
Totally planned it that way
100% agree with the speed runs... they get boring QUICK. I had originally planned on starting with the Limitless and getting the Infraction down the road, but I think I've changed my mind and it'll be the Infraction first. I can see taking that to some of the smaller parking lots and drifting it around rather than long speed runs on the Limitless.

I don't know that I'd "bash" the Infraction like I do my SBR or Senton... but I do think it would be capable of having fun in a say a baseball infield or something like that.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:23 AM
Fun Fact: I took my XO1 to the LHS today and test-fitted the Infraction body. It *WILL* fit, but you'll need slightly smaller tires (such as the stock Infraction tires), and some trimming of the foam at the front of the Traxxas' splitter.

Also, the tires on the Infraction are so sticky, no wonder they're only lasting 2-3 runs.

Interesting.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:32 AM
Car Bashing
Yes tires don't last long, and in almost all the videos every owners make them smoke with drift

I read that tires cost 60$ (4 wheels, belted tires and rims) on arrmarc website. Painted body shell is 80$, expensive for a body shell.
Jun 25, 2019, 07:47 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Those tires last 3-4 runs??....no one is going to buy this then...lolol
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jun 25, 2019, 09:16 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Those tires last 3-4 runs??....no one is going to buy this then...lolol
People that race rc cars (carpet, turf, clay, dirt, etc...) will often buy new sets of tires each time they go out racing. That, in addition to paying for whatever classes they race, can easily mean $100 or more for an evening. For people that want to set up speed cars and need the best for high speed traction, they'll use these tires for that specific purpose and get less expensive, more long wearing tires for everyday use. Arrma is going to sell PLENTY of these, just not to people who worry more about cost than performance.
Jun 26, 2019, 09:11 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
People that race rc cars (carpet, turf, clay, dirt, etc...) will often buy new sets of tires each time they go out racing. That, in addition to paying for whatever classes they race, can easily mean $100 or more for an evening. For people that want to set up speed cars and need the best for high speed traction, they'll use these tires for that specific purpose and get less expensive, more long wearing tires for everyday use. Arrma is going to sell PLENTY of these, just not to people who worry more about cost than performance.
More then 50% of the buyers will not care about that, bc of the excitement. I'm guilty of that a lot
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jun 27, 2019, 09:51 AM
Fantastic camera work.
Jul 17, 2019, 07:18 PM

tire burn out

I watched the promo video. Wondered how do you get the truck to stay in place and have a tire burn out?
Jul 17, 2019, 10:15 PM
Car Bashing
With the hand holding the rear wing ^^.
Jul 24, 2019, 02:04 PM
From
AMain Hobbies
Expected to arrive Thursday, August 5th, 2019
Last edited by carbow; Jul 28, 2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: date change
Jul 31, 2019, 04:48 PM

Infraction

After all the videos, reviews, and owners comments decided to own one. See it in two weeks.

Quick Reply