Jun 06, 2019, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Looking for small fast boat for salt water

Hi, going on a boat trip and want to bring a smaller rc boat. We will be in salt water so not sure if I can use one of the felin vessels. Looking for something fast that won't break the bank if salt gets in it. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2019, 01:05 PM
Just Plane Nutts
I have no boat recommendations for salt water. While there IS one RC boat made for this environment I am aware of, they want small fortune to purchase. Got $1400 sitting around? http://thatwouldbebadass.com/boats/

All I CAN recommend is apply lots of protective waterproof grease, spray or soak all circuit boards and metal parts with CorrosionX, and finally soak and flush everything well with fresh water immediately after a days runs.

Then repeat all of the above lube and proofing processes before the next day's runs. A Fei Lun would be fine for that. Or maybe a low cost Volantex. Replacement parts for those are cheap.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jun 07, 2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Jun 07, 2019, 05:08 AM
Salt water - keep it out of the boat. If any gets in, neutralise and remove it as soon as possible. (Fresh water flush, as suggested above) Give it a quick burst in fresh water after the session to remove any from the external drive. Service the external metal bits by applying a drop of oil where needed.
I've hardly ever sailed in fresh water, so all that is normal for me. The main problems in my area are caused by silt in the water (abrasive) , rather than the salt.

Quick Reply