Jun 05, 2019, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
FAQ

Charger decision

I need advice! Trying to buy a new charger and is down to 2 finalist.
Tenergy TB6-B
Or
ISDT Q6 Pro

I am using a Pulse 4000 mAh 2S battery on my Spektrum DX9 that would require a charger with balance function and it will be the primary usage for this new charger.
It seems like the Tenergy have more adopters available vs ISDT seems build with newer technique.

Could you please share your thoughts if you have used any of these chargers? What adopter do you use for the TX battery?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2019, 12:03 PM
I really enjoy my q6 pro. Actually just saw last night i have 75 packs through it so far, so still young but no issues so far. I charge at work sometimes too so it is nice having a small thing to carry around and can plug it into a bench supply at work or use my server one at home on the bench. I bought it because my venom had a 7A limit so charging my rock crawler 6AH packs I wanted to charge faster at times. I use a xt60-banana jack on my charger so any of my adapter cables work with it.
Last edited by Darunion; Jun 07, 2019 at 12:11 PM.
Jun 07, 2019, 02:36 PM
Let's be honest, these days a charger is a charger is a charger but out of those two the Isdt is the better on paper but either will charge that battery without issue. For your use case an acdc charger would be more than sufficient and convenient.

The choice is yours, however, I would suggest an old cellpro 10s or similar as they can charge through the battery balance port. When I ran lithium technology in my transmitters this is how I charged the battery, was crazy silly dangerous but stupid silly convenient!
Jun 07, 2019, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion View Post
I really enjoy my q6 pro. Actually just saw last night i have 75 packs through it so far, so still young but no issues so far. I charge at work sometimes too so it is nice having a small thing to carry around and can plug it into a bench supply at work or use my server one at home on the bench. I bought it because my venom had a 7A limit so charging my rock crawler 6AH packs I wanted to charge faster at times. I use a xt60-banana jack on my charger so any of my adapter cables work with it.

Thanks, Darunion! What power source do you have? Do you know what adaptor should I use for the battery of DX9?

Jun 07, 2019, 10:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbedfellow View Post
Let's be honest, these days a charger is a charger is a charger but out of those two the Isdt is the better on paper but either will charge that battery without issue. For your use case an acdc charger would be more than sufficient and convenient.

The choice is yours, however, I would suggest an old cellpro 10s or similar as they can charge through the battery balance port. When I ran lithium technology in my transmitters this is how I charged the battery, was crazy silly dangerous but stupid silly convenient!

Thanks, cbedfellow! The battery I have is a 2S battery. Doesnít it needs a charger the will also balance both cells? I was worry that with an unbalanced battery, it might hurt my radio...

Jun 07, 2019, 11:26 PM
The 10S balance charges through the balance port, there is no need to connect the main lead, great for tx. batteries and if you like to live dangerously!

It has been many years since I used lithium technology in a radio though and I do no know if other chargers have this capability. The beauty is you can just pop the back cover off or dremel a little slot for the balance lead for a charge tail.
Jun 08, 2019, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbedfellow View Post
The 10S balance charges through the balance port, there is no need to connect the main lead, great for tx. batteries and if you like to live dangerously!

It has been many years since I used lithium technology in a radio though and I do no know if other chargers have this capability. The beauty is you can just pop the back cover off or dremel a little slot for the balance lead for a charge tail.

The reason I am looking for a charger and not using the charger that built in the DX9 was safety. Not being able to balance the 2 cell sounds not too safe.

I was leaning toward to the ISDT Q6 pro, but the problem is I could not find the CT60 to JST EHR-2 adaptor that the battery needs...

Jun 08, 2019, 10:13 AM
Make an adapter. That is easy to do.
Jun 08, 2019, 10:19 AM
Thread OP

Charger decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Make an adapter. That is easy to do.

The problem is that I canít even find the JST-EHR-2 connector to make this adaptor... Could you please point me a direction where I can buy the materials to make this adaptor?
Thanks.

Last edited by ConductorJimmy; Jun 10, 2019 at 07:08 AM.
Jun 08, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConductorJimmy View Post
The reason I am looking for a charger and not using the charger that built in the DX9 was safety. Not being able to balance the 2 cell sounds not too safe.

I was leaning toward to the ISDT Q6 pro, but the problem is I could not find the CT60 to JST EHR-2 adaptor that the battery needs...

The cellpro does balance charge, it balance charges through the balance port.

This is why a simple lsd nimh is better than a lipo for a tx in my opinion, lithium doesn't really offer much advantage, but I hope you work it out.

Quick Reply