This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 04, 2019, 11:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Firstar CG games

Really hasn't been a great week , that's for sure . We are right in the middle of a cold / rainy front that has lasted a little too long .
Today was no exception , overcast and a little overly windy .

Still . I had an itch to get the CG tests over and done with + a little trimming !

I had all my control surfaces set to minimum throws ( furthest hole on the control horn )

I was using the Nanotech 460 2s battery .

First Chuck showed me that for such slow gliding I did not have enough elevator , so I went for the shortest hole on the control horn for maximum throw .
This was better . So I tried a very gentle powered glide ( maybe 10% throttle ) and this showed the elevator to be a little touchy now . I gave the elevator some 50% expo and this really smoothed things out .

The CG looks to be about right for me and I have not adjusted anything else ( Ruder / ailerons ) , only the elevator .
The wind did not really help at all . But it looks like the Firstar will fly on minimum power .
I can really see this model crawling along in calm conditions at maybe 20% throttle or possibly less . And there really is enough power to ROG ( Rise off ground ) .. I tried , but the ground was too rough where I was . On a smooth surface , it should not be an issue .

Wow , 3 new models to play with .. Really looking forward to a spell of decent weather .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply