Jun 08, 2019, 08:24 PM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by toypilot
I hate to say it but MFD have a bad reputation for communication. On the other hand, I think they do ship everything out eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoo
I also ordered last week. Only got the paypal email...no response to my email...silence....Is this going to ship, or do I have to open a Paypal Dispute?
MFD normally sends orders out within a day or two.
As they send through a shipping agent, it takes much longer time to get any tracking information.
(why? because the agent re-labels the parcel, sometimes more than once. and feeds the tracking info to the system like once a week).
Very often, if not most of the time, buyers receive their parcels before MFD even has the tracking from the agent.
This is a very well known issue, everyone hates it, MFD no exception. But sending through an agent is the only way to keep shipment costs lower than they could be.
I had written about it on this forum (different threads) a good number of times but it has to be brought to surface every now and again.
Tales about Chinese government subsidizing outbound mail are сrар. Chinese companies pay full price for mailing out their orders - and it is more expensive to mail a parcel from China than from Hong Kong or Singapore.
Huge net supershops like banggood enjoy individual discounts from mail operators due to the volume of their mail.
And yes, one more thing also needs to be reiterated some time - I don't work for MFD, although pretty often I act as their mouthpiece. I am a friend of the business owner, and a hobby pilot, so what I write here is more or less first hands information, but not "official statement" of the company.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2019, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray
MFD normally sends orders out within a day or two.

As they send through a shipping agent, it takes much longer time to get any tracking information.

(why? because the agent re-labels the parcel, sometimes more than once. and feeds the tracking info to the system like once a week).

Very often, if not most of the time, buyers receive their parcels before MFD even has the tracking from the agent.

This is a very well known issue, everyone hates it, MFD no exception. But sending through an agent is the only way to keep shipment costs lower than they could be.

I had written about it on this forum (different threads) a good number of times but it has to be brought to surface every now and again.

Tales about Chinese government subsidizing outbound mail are сrар. Chinese companies pay full price for mailing out their orders - and it is more expensive to mail a parcel from China than from Hong Kong or Singapore.

Huge net supershops like banggood enjoy individual discounts from mail operators due to the volume of their mail.

And yes, one more thing also needs to be reiterated some time - I don't work for MFD, although pretty often I act as their mouthpiece. I am a friend of the business owner, and a hobby pilot, so what I write here is more or less first hands information, but not "official statement" of the company.
Thank you for the information.

Curious, is there any way to showcase video of this plane? Im interested in ordering it, but not without seeing a video first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jun 08, 2019, 11:07 PM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylel
showcase video of this plane
MFD started selling the plane internationally a week ago. Even the very early birds haven't yet got their worms.
MFD doesn't upload their vids before the users do because they don't want to be seen as being too pushy selling their plane.
I think in a couple of weeks there will be some.
Jun 08, 2019, 11:08 PM
Quote:
MFD started selling the plane internationally a week ago. Even the very early birds haven't yet got their worms.

MFD doesn't upload their vids before the users do because they don't want to be seen as being too pushy selling their plane.

I think in a couple of weeks there will be some.
Ok, thank you

Jun 09, 2019, 10:37 PM
Can you post some pictures regarding landing gears? The size of main and front landing gear, steering mechanisms etc.
Jun 09, 2019, 11:03 PM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_FPV
Can you post some pictures regarding landing gears? The size of main and front landing gear, steering mechanisms etc.
As far as I know MFD does NOT make or sell landing gear. MFD airplanes are not copy planes but working horses for FPV hobby or professional applications. Hence every pilot sets these planes according to his own requirements.
MFD suggests some design options for landing gear (such as pre-formed wheel arches) but they do not design nor they make the gear for you.
Jun 10, 2019, 12:51 AM
Flight school dropout
Mine arrived!

At the post office anyway.
Jun 10, 2019, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Mine arrived!

At the post office anyway.
Sweet! Now you know you cant leave us waiting without pics and build! [emoji16]

Jun 10, 2019, 01:04 AM
Quote:
As far as I know MFD does NOT make or sell landing gear. MFD airplanes are not copy planes but working horses for FPV hobby or professional applications. Hence every pilot sets these planes according to his own requirements.
MFD suggests some design options for landing gear (such as pre-formed wheel arches) but they do not design nor they make the gear for you.
OK, then maybe some pictures of plane's belly? so that I can get a feel.
Jun 10, 2019, 02:08 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Something like this.
Jun 10, 2019, 02:19 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP

Want to spy a peek inside MFD office? ;)

But be warned.
It is not like it looks every day

no people shown in the film are in any way connected to the company,
no action shown in the film represents the company's regular pattern of doing business,
no blood shed in the film belonged to the company's innocent customers!

Captcha (4 min 54 sec)
Jun 10, 2019, 04:06 AM
Flight school dropout
Got the plane.

Only damage was to the nose cone. It’s got a few cuts despite the original space arrow box being in good condition and the nose being packed within the fuse with the other small foam parts. Also, the elevator bag was sealed with water in it. First plane I’ve had that arrived a little wet ��

Otherwise it looks nice. The fuse is way too big for normal FPV. I guess it was designed for sideways mapping cameras. Its a fair bit wider than a twindream which was already the limit of what I can hand hold with a decent grip for launching. I guess I’ll have to run the wheel foam bit on the bottom so I can grab the notches.

Build will be slow. If it flys good then all the rest of the stuff is only a minor concern ����
Last edited by toypilot; Jun 10, 2019 at 06:05 AM.
Jun 10, 2019, 05:33 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
the elevator bag was sealed with water in it
The worst thing is that there are no pictures of the cut nose and aquarium tail.
That's not to put your words in doubt but to untie MFDs hands to take action.
Shиt like this happens a bit more than too often recently.
Jun 10, 2019, 06:06 AM
Flight school dropout
Nothing major, just worth noting. The plane looks very well designed. All the parts fit well and the extra clips and push connectors on the wings look great.
Jun 10, 2019, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Something like this.

Anytime soon at banggood with cheaper delivery?

Quick Reply