Jun 15, 2019, 04:13 AM
Flight school dropout
Normally aim for the thickest part of the wing or 1/3 of the wing chord. That being said, an official number would be really nice. The rest of it is easy enough to work out.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2019, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toypilot
Normally aim for the thickest part of the wing or 1/3 of the wing chord. That being said, an official number would be really nice. The rest of it is easy enough to work out.
Yes, everything is fitting together in my mind now and today I will start gluing.
As you said, an official CG number would be nice as even as much as an inch out can make a tail heavy crosshair a handful to land ��
Jun 15, 2019, 05:57 AM
Flight school dropout
Hopefully it’s like the MTD. That thing could be an inch out and still fly nicely.
Jun 15, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toypilot
Hopefully it’s like the MTD. That thing could be an inch out and still fly nicely.
Don't know much about MTD I just moved over to MFD planes and I normally fly wings mid-long range in manual mode.
So I hoping to maiden this in manual before I think about an AP.
Sent an email to Charles and seemingly a detailed English Manual will be out this weekend!
Last edited by Sunset321; Jun 21, 2019 at 01:28 AM.
Jun 15, 2019, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset321
Don't know much about MTD I just moved over to MFD planes and I normally fly wings long range in manual mode.
So I hoping to maiden this in manual before I think about an AP.
Sent an email to Charles and seemingly a detailed English Manual will be out this weekend!
I love the MTD. Got two of them. Great stable platform for the irish weather. The big crosswind is also very good, so I hope the mini crosswind does not disappoint.
Jun 15, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoo
I love the MTD. Got two of them. Great stable platform for the irish weather. The big crosswind is also very good, so I hope the mini crosswind does not disappoint.
Cant wait to maiden her just hope someone or MFD get back to us with a good CG point to start with and yes where we live we nearly always have moderate winds so a stable flier would be great!!
Last edited by Sunset321; Jun 15, 2019 at 08:31 PM.
Jun 15, 2019, 07:15 PM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
Will there be an English Manual for cross referencing coming out anytime some?
AFAIK till recently the [un]official position of the company was something like
"FPV is a dangerous hobby, and we frown at manufacturers/vendors who make the threshold too low, like selling guns to kids. So we intentionally don't sell fly out of the box sets, and never set up planes for customers: everyone should do it for himself, or learn to do so taking no shortcuts".
There were concerns about killing the hobby by letting inexperienced people fly and cause accidents.
Personally I very strongly support this attitude. Assembling planes is an important part of learning, pilots should be able to build a plane with no manuals. Again, it is my personal stance, I am not speaking for the brand.

Now however it looks like MFD remains the only company who has not yet gone DJI way, and hasn't marketed "buy and fly" solutions.
I don't think the company's belief changed this much, but it'd be ridiculous to keep refusing what others do for years.
So yes there will be combo sets, like plane+AP+tracker, and maybe even +RC unit.
And yes there will be some sort of manual. In fact, if you check out my post a page or two back you will know almost everything about tail assembly, and it is the most tricky part of the job, the rest is quite intuitive.
The manual however may come later. I know Vicky is on it, but she's a busy gal.
I will keep posting hints in the thread, and together with Charles we will probably shoot and post a few video tuts.
Jun 15, 2019, 07:18 PM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
I normally fly wings long range in manual mode
M-mmmmm! that's what I used to enjoy so much.
CG - unless MFD replies here, I will check it out for you on Monday.
Jun 15, 2019, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray
M-mmmmm! that's what I used to enjoy so much.
CG - unless MFD replies here, I will check it out for you on Monday.
Thank you.
Jun 16, 2019, 03:51 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP

CoG

Here.
Jun 17, 2019, 03:40 PM
Nearly there.
AUW 3.3kgs (10000mah 6S)
Jun 17, 2019, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Nearly there.
AUW 3.3kgs (10000mah 6S)

Wow, huge fuselage

What packs are those?
Jun 17, 2019, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylel
Wow, huge fuselage

What packs are those?
2 X Turnigy 5000mah 6s parallel
Everything clicks together nicely and quickly and fuselage is great to work with and I even think I'll be able to manage a one hand launch at this weight.
Jun 17, 2019, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Nearly there.
AUW 3.3kgs (10000mah 6S)
Looks really good. Looking forward to hear how it flys.

Still waiting on mine to arrive.
Jun 17, 2019, 04:16 PM
Quote:
2 X Turnigy 5000mah 6s parallel

Everything clicks together nicely and quickly and fuselage is great to work with and I even think I'll be able to manage a one hand launch at this weight.
Thats great. Huge packs no problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply