Jun 04, 2019, 01:53 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
New Product

MINI CROSSWIND 1600 - more than a downsized giant

With all Crosswind homework done, this is a surprisingly capable, versatile and agile platform.
Two nose canopies, two belly plates included in a standard retail kit, lots of improvements, tons of lift, excellent stability.
Plus, it doesn't even have to be disassembled to be taken to the field in a regular sedan. (but yes it can be disassembled if the need comes).
More in the comments.
Last edited by Cathay Stray; Jun 07, 2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: grammar schmammar
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2019, 01:54 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
What’s in the box?
Besides the obvious foam parts you fill find a few plastic bags there: 7 numbered, and 1 without a number.
Here is what these bags contain.

BAG 1 – Tail and Wing fixtures
Left to right, top to bottom:
4 Small Lock Holders, and 4 bigger ones (white dots matter!);
2 Aluminum Snaphooks;
4 Steel Springs, small screws (in a separate bag);
2 Nylon Washers, and 2 bolts;
2 Plastic Horizontal Stabilizer Holders, fuselage parts with swings (swings attached)
2 Plastic Horizontal Stabilizer Holders, control surface parts (swings not attached)

BAG 2 – Nacelle and Nose Tip
2 Rounded Rectangle Ply Nacelle Motor Mounts;
1 Ply Nose Tip Motor Mount (for VTOL version, but installing it in a regular plane is also possible);
Screws in a separate bag

BAG 3 – Wooden and Plastic Fixtures
4 Plastic Lock Hooks;
1 Autopilot Shelf;
2 Plastic Nose Hatch Rim Guards;
1 Nose Tip Shelf;
1 Battery Shelf with slots for Velcro Straps

BAG 4 – Wing Fixtures
4 Aluminum Snaphooks;
2 Sets of Electric Connectors;
4 Steel Enforcers;
4 Steel Springs;
4 Lock Holders (triangular marks matter!);
small screws

BAG 5 – Radio and Servo Cradles
2 Aileron Servo Cradles;
2 Aileron Servo Cradle Covers;
small screws in a separate bag;
Rlink (or similar sized RCRx) Cradle with Cover

BAG 6 – Electric Cables
Power and Servo Cables*
_____
* Every setup is different and depends on individual pilot’s needs. Therefore this set of cables is not supposed to cover all needs for all electric connections in all possible setups. You may, and most likely will need to purchase more cables locally.

BAG 7 – Servo Fixtures and Hinges
1 Back Hatch Lock with Lock Holder;
Hinges for Ailerons, HS, and Rudder;
Servo Adjustable Heads with small bolts;
Servo Horns with screws;
Servo Rods (longer ones for aileron and horizontal stabilizer; shorter one for rudder)

UNNUMBERED BAG
Laminated Paper Strip with round stickers to cover technical openings in the wings (for regular airplane configuration. for VTOL configuration these openings are used to fix the motor bars);
GPS cradle Cover;
2 Hatch Lock Snappers;
2 Plastic Wing Fixtures (wing side);
2 Velcro Straps for holding the battery

(more to follow)
Last edited by Cathay Stray; Jun 04, 2019 at 06:13 AM.
Jun 04, 2019, 03:39 AM
Flight school dropout
Looks good. Ordered one.

Would like to see some comparison shots next to a normal crosswind and a mytwindream. Looks like the fuse is almost the same width and height as the MTD (which would be huge for a 1600mm wingspan).

Flight video from the test plane with OSD?
Jun 04, 2019, 03:54 AM
Flight school dropout
Comparison with other aircraft:

Looks like it's still a fair bit bigger than the mini talon which for many is the benchmark in the "mini" category. Hopefully the efficiency is similar.

Will be interesting to see the popularity of this plane vs the Sonicmodel Binary.
Jun 06, 2019, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toypilot
Looks good. Ordered one.

Would like to see some comparison shots next to a normal crosswind and a mytwindream. Looks like the fuse is almost the same width and height as the MTD (which would be huge for a 1600mm wingspan).

Flight video from the test plane with OSD?

Where did you order one from? Im very interested in this.
Jun 07, 2019, 12:30 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP

A few hints on assembling the tail (before MFD comes down with manual)

Although it is pretty intuitive for anyone who has had an experience assembling more than one plane, MFD are working on the manual.
Before they are done with it, I snatched some of the pictures they are going to use in the manual and decided to post some hints for those who receive their orders before the downloadable manual is ready.
Jun 07, 2019, 01:12 AM
Flight school dropout
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylel
Where did you order one from? Im very interested in this.
Myflydream.com

The price has gone up $10 since I ordered which is crazy because it's already an expensive plane! Espeically for a "mini" plane. Mini Talon is around $65USD delivered. Mini Crosswind is over $200USD delivered.
Jun 07, 2019, 07:04 AM
Flying Zayin
Thread OP
Quote:
The price is crazy because it's already an expensive plane! Mini Crosswind is over $200USD delivered.
Out of mere curiosity I paid a visit to http://ritewingrc.com and checked the prices for their wings. RiteWing Drak Mini (Kit) comes for 175 bucks unshipped, and this doesn't seem to spark any indignation. Let me grab a beer, sit down and think it over for a while.
Jun 07, 2019, 07:57 AM
How does this flight efficiency compare to the my twin dream? And what about battery capacity?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jun 07, 2019, 08:54 AM
Any schedules to put in other stores such as RMRC or banggood?
Jun 07, 2019, 04:21 PM
1. when this plane will be on banggood , or some esle store with normal shiping price ?
2. why , i can't find any flying plane or review video with this plane on youtube ?
Jun 07, 2019, 04:24 PM
[US$179.99 31% OFF]E-DO Model 1500mm Wingspan Cessna EPO Twin Motor FPV RC Airplane Glider PNP RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/116FcOQRkX

this is pnp , include landing gear - 190$ include shiping and your 200$ to kit
Jun 08, 2019, 06:34 AM
Flight school dropout
Would be good to see some flight footage.

Do we get a shipment notification email? Ordered a week ago when it got listed, have only received a PayPal email, nothing from MFD / spacearrow
Jun 08, 2019, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Do we get a shipment notification email? Ordered a week ago when it got listed, have only received a PayPal email, nothing from MFD / spacearrow
I also ordered last week. Only got the paypal email...no response to my email...silence....Is this going to ship, or do I have to open a Paypal Dispute?
Jun 08, 2019, 04:28 PM
Flight school dropout
I hate to say it but MFD have a bad reputation for communication. On the other hand, I think they do ship everything out eventually.

Quick Reply