Thread Tools
Jun 30, 2019, 04:33 AM
Registered User
mod mg36-104 m

proboat _mg36 _ backup run_104 mph (0 min 54 sec)
Last edited by danthem; Aug 24, 2019 at 09:10 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2019, 12:58 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
brushless55's Avatar

Clean video!


Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem
Testrun on the bone stock Mg 36 today.Super relaxing driving experience-absolute beginner friendly and well built boat.Did a row of fast passes and temps remained very acceptable in spite of the hot summer conditions-really like that boat..good job proboat and Mr Lopez!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXThMlcLY1o
Dude!
what camera ~ gps system are you using?
love the live speed and the camera quality is very very nice!
Jul 02, 2019, 01:42 PM
Registered User
Thanks,cam is gopro7 and my gps the holux 245 sport...
although had some disturbing mosquitos during that run.
Jul 02, 2019, 11:24 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem
Thanks,cam is gopro7 and my gps the holux 245 sport...
although had some disturbing mosquitos during that run.
Thanks for the reply
Jul 03, 2019, 12:50 AM
Registered User
You can try out your your own gps data logger device of course,
Last edited by danthem; Jul 28, 2019 at 10:43 AM.
Jul 07, 2019, 07:58 PM
Flyin Acehole
DumthumbsFRANKIE's Avatar
My finger is on the buy it now button but I'm waiting for Mr. Mad to do his magic on this one. Hahahahahha
Jul 08, 2019, 05:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
My finger is on the buy it now button but I'm waiting for Mr. Mad to do his magic on this one. Hahahahahha
Hahaha!! Frank, You're subscribed right? If so then you should get a notification....... .....My Buddy up in North is getting the itch as well, so a "Dasboata" branded Geico 36 might be showcased sooner than later .

ALL STOCK WITH PROPS...…

Worlds Fastest Miss Geico 36 @ 107.7mph (stock electronics) (9 min 24 sec)


Miss Geico 36 hits 101mph and then it blows over! (9 min 51 sec)


Miss Geico 36 @ 108mph (gps overlay) (2 min 45 sec)
Last edited by MADRCER; Aug 07, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 06:09 PM
Flyin Acehole
DumthumbsFRANKIE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRCER
Hahaha!! Frank, You're subscribed right? If so then you should get a notification....... .....My Buddy up in North is getting the itch as well, so a "Dasboata" branded Geico 36 might be showcased sooner than later .
Of course I'm subbed brother!!!! Just trying to plant the seed deeper LOLOLOL. Can't wait for that run video. And here's a pre game best of luck!
Jul 14, 2019, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Dose anyone know if the old Zelos 36 flex cables fit the new Gieco ? just ordered some new OSE flex cables and thinking to sell my old boat for this new one but want to keep the new drives. I would expect the new Gieco might be longer because the struts stick out further from the back of the boat.
Jul 14, 2019, 10:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAN400
Dose anyone know if the old Zelos 36 flex cables fit the new Gieco ? just ordered some new OSE flex cables and thinking to sell my old boat for this new one but want to keep the new drives. I would expect the new Gieco might be longer because the struts stick out further from the back of the boat.
No they don't fit new Gieco has longer Stingeres. But the new proboat flex seems pretty good
Aug 17, 2019, 04:23 PM
I'm NEW
Maxxpain's Avatar
I picked one up Late July and wow, very please with it. I bought one of those Gopro Surf mounts for extra adhesion, just in case. But good luck removing it in the future. This was running two Spektrum 100c 6S - 5000mah packs. I did have to buy larger Velcro straps as they stock ones were a tad short. It didn't look like it, but it was 5 to 8mph winds during the video. I wanted to get out earlier in the morning so avoid the wind but, I had all the excuses not to.

Pro Boat Miss GEICO Zelos 36 GoPro 7 Black Hypersmooth (2 min 35 sec)
Aug 18, 2019, 07:36 AM
Flyin Acehole
DumthumbsFRANKIE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxpain
I picked one up Late July and wow, very please with it. I bought one of those Gopro Surf mounts for extra adhesion, just in case. But good luck removing it in the future. This was running two Spektrum 100c 6S - 5000mah packs. I did have to buy larger Velcro straps as they stock ones were a tad short. It didn't look like it, but it was 5 to 8mph winds during the video. I wanted to get out earlier in the morning so avoid the wind but, I had all the excuses not to.

https://youtu.be/CZWMoWLqlok
Nice runs! You can try getting the GoPro mount off the boat using some fishing line. Put in under the lip of the mount where the double sided tape is and go back n forth like a sawing motion. Then use some good off to remove the remainder of the adhesive. This should work for you. Take your time!
Jul 16, 2020, 05:02 PM
Registered User
Anyone know what to do when the props don't run identically?

Out of the box my MG velos props don't spin the same speed at the same throttle until nearly full out.

The 2nd (right from the back) prop starts to spin slightly later than the left - and the speeds seem different thought most of the speed range. Also - my batteries discharge at different rates - when one is done (3.3v or so) the other still have 3.8 left.

Any idea what to do about this?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Aug 05, 2020, 09:48 AM
UpliFT-RC
FLSharkvictim's Avatar
Im thinking about buying one but I would switch out the stock dyanmite 120 esc with 2 Seaking 180 ESC's! Anyone do this mod yet there MG boat?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NEW Pro Boat 36" twin Miss Geico MADRCER Racing Boats - Electric 303 Sep 29, 2020 10:32 PM
Discussion Pro Boat Zelos 36 Twin Brushless Catamaran RTR Rafael_Lopez Racing Boats - Electric 1164 Sep 11, 2019 10:18 AM
New Product Pro Boat Zelos 48-inch Catamaran Brushless Ready-To-Run Electric Boat astoc16 Racing Boats - Electric 275 Nov 03, 2018 12:29 PM
News Pro Boat Zelos 36 Twin Catamaran BL RTR Matt Gunn Racing Boats - Electric 33 Dec 16, 2017 12:12 AM
News Zelos 48-inch Brushless Catamaran - Pro Boat Matt Gunn Racing Boats - Electric 1 Oct 12, 2015 09:07 AM