Pro Boat Miss GEICO Zelos 36" Twin Brushless Catamaran

The Pro Boat Miss GEICO Zelos 36 Twin Brushless Catamaran is one of the fastest boats on the market with out-of-the-box speeds hitting 75+MPH. Featuring twin 1900Kv 4 pole 36mm x 74mm motors, this power system can produce 1800 watts of power per motor.

Splash

Next Level Speed and Power

Speed is the name of the game in the world of high-speed RC catamarans. The Pro Boat® Miss GEICO Zelos® 36 Twin Brushless Catamaran is one of the fastest boats on the market with out-of-the-box speeds hitting 75+MPH**. By the time your competition realizes what hit them, they'll be in your wake thanks to not one, but two counter-rotating 1900Kv 4 pole 36mm x 74mm motors. From tip to rudder, the Miss GEICO Zelos 36 is built for speed with a hand-laid fiberglass hull built to withstand the pulse-pounding speeds. Get yours and experience the competition crushing speed you crave for $679.99.

Features:

• New propeller struts
  • New propellers
  • Heavy duty flex shafts
  • Spektrum™ DX2E ACTIVE™ 2-Channel DSMR®
  • Two water-cooled 1900Kv 4-pole brushless motors
  • MR4000 potted receiver
  • Scale design, aluminum, push-pull rudder system with working scale dampers
  • Dual under hull water pick-up lines, for electronics cooling
  • Waterproof, high-torque Spektrum™ Servo
  • Hand-laid fiberglass catamaran hull optimized for speed and performance
  • Secure canopy latch system keeps electronics safe
  • Designed to be competition ready out of the box
  • Waterproof electronics
  • Two water-cooled Dynamite® 120A marine ESC's with 6S battery compatibility each
  • Licensed and authentic Miss Geico trim scheme

Check out the Pro Boat Miss GEICO 36" Here

Jun 03, 2019, 11:29 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
That thing is siK!

If that Hull is the one that right-side up during a tumble, it's golden.
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jun 03, 2019, 11:38 AM
It is awesome. I have one sitting in the box in the garage. Haven't had the time to unbox and try it out. I've seen a few guys have broken the hulls already and I'm a bit apprehensive about putting it out on the water. I'm gonna keep it boxed up and see if this happens to any other new owners. If it does, I'll request a call tag from Horizon and they can just pick it up and I'll take a refund or credit.....
Jun 03, 2019, 05:55 PM
I’m also curious about the hull breakage. Since this has more reinforcements than the Zelos, I wonder if the breaks are just the next weakest link. It would be nice if those that broke them explained more about how it happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jun 03, 2019, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I saw several pics on FB where different guys run them and break the first run.

I know that at 70+mph hitting water in a crash is like hitting concrete, but with a boat that is advertised to run those speeds out of the box you'd think they would have reinforced it a little better.

This reminds me of the RiverJet, where the first batch had a too-thin hull and would break easily. ProBoat had them revised and were made stronger, but they did not call them a "v2" model. I wonder if they will end up revising this hull too if they get a lot of warranty calls.
Jun 03, 2019, 09:04 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
I've heard up to 650 have sold and only one due to a very bad crash has split at the seam and people lose their minds
a second one hit something in the water at speeds and scratched the gel coat on the sponson..

reminds me when the XO- 1 came out and people crashed them blaming traxxas! LOL
Jun 03, 2019, 11:34 PM
Ah, that is interesting. I saw a few different posts with a wreck and split hulls, but maybe they were the same boat just different angles? Not sure.
Jun 03, 2019, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
I've heard up to 650 have sold and only one due to a very bad crash has split at the seam and people lose their minds
a second one hit something in the water at speeds and scratched the gel coat on the sponson..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Ah, that is interesting. I saw a few different posts with a wreck and split hulls, but maybe they were the same boat just different angles? Not sure.
yeah different posts floating around like it's multiple boats with the same issues..
Jun 04, 2019, 06:07 AM
Well that’s good news. I had a feeling it may be something like that. I can’t see them releasing a new boat that is not more than capable of staying together under normal use. No such thing as a crash proof boat/car/airplane

Jun 05, 2019, 06:04 AM
I have seen the posts on Elite RC. I guess it was two boats. I saw a vid of the one blowing over so I'm assuming the blowover caused the damage...

I did take mine out of the box bc my son wants to see it go......and if I held the boat up to light and looked in through the canopy opening it appears(I'll confirm don't take this as fact yet) that the area where the one boat was damaged is thinner than the side face. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be, I don't know. But if in fact that is the case, its evidence of why it's a weak point.

Then we have all the talk about layering it in epoxy, and carbon fiber inlays. While this is not what I was expecting to have to do, hence why I buy RTR stuff.....I'd like to hear the opinions of people here. I mean that involves removing all the drivetrain and electronics etc.....

I don't know guys, sick boat anyway....to start I'm just gonna run two 3S packs and not get too crazy...
Jun 05, 2019, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSPEED
I have seen the posts on Elite RC. I guess it was two boats. I saw a vid of the one blowing over so I'm assuming the blowover caused the damage...

I did take mine out of the box bc my son wants to see it go......and if I held the boat up to light and looked in through the canopy opening it appears(I'll confirm don't take this as fact yet) that the area where the one boat was damaged is thinner than the side face. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be, I don't know. But if in fact that is the case, its evidence of why it's a weak point.

Then we have all the talk about layering it in epoxy, and carbon fiber inlays. While this is not what I was expecting to have to do, hence why I buy RTR stuff.....I'd like to hear the opinions of people here. I mean that involves removing all the drivetrain and electronics etc.....

I don't know guys, sick boat anyway....to start I'm just gonna run two 3S packs and not get too crazy...
yes in elite things blew up and got out of hand and has since been corrected with common sense.. and only one split
that blow over hitting the way it did has a GREAT chance of splitting the hull the way it did by coming to a complete stop.
hitting water at speeds is like hitting concrete, sometimes you can walk away with no damage and sometime you don't. A reality that most all RC guys understand, land, water, or air.
there are haters of Proboat on that page and wanted to take things way out of proportion

It's a sweet boat for sure and hopefully we will see lots of high speed passes with this boat floating around on youtube

from above
Quote:

Jun 05, 2019, 10:48 PM

Pro Boat Miss GEICO Zelos 36" Twin Brushless Catamaran

Well put Brushless. I’ve had an aggregate hundreds of cars/trucks/planes/helis/boats in the 30+ years I’ve been enjoy hobby grade RC ‘toys’. Nothing is indestructible. Even things I e hand built to be indestructible had a weak link.

FedEx should have my boat here tomorrow and I’m going to look for dry cloth inside, loose screws, etc., modern day mass production is not like pre 2000. But considering the flips my Blackjack 29 has taken without a scratch, Proboat makes a quality product. We live in a cheap throw away society but people still expect craftsman built products and don’t want to pay coach built prices.

Haters are gonna hate, plain and simple.

Jun 06, 2019, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer
Well put Brushless. I’ve had an aggregate hundreds of cars/trucks/planes/helis/boats in the 30+ years I’ve been enjoy hobby grade RC ‘toys’. Nothing is indestructible. Even things I e hand built to be indestructible had a weak link.

FedEx should have my boat here tomorrow and I’m going to look for dry cloth inside, loose screws, etc., modern day mass production is not like pre 2000. But considering the flips my Blackjack 29 has taken without a scratch, Proboat makes a quality product. We live in a cheap throw away society but people still expect craftsman built products and don’t want to pay coach built prices.

Haters are gonna hate, plain and simple.

that is the best way to put our today

more crap was posted again tonight and then a post was made in efforts to cut these people off from all the negativity being spread by them...
haters are dumb
Jun 06, 2019, 01:09 AM
Quote:
that is the best way to put our today

more crap was posted again tonight and then a post was made in efforts to cut these people off from all the negativity being spread by them...
haters are dumb
That's the exact reason when it comes to hobbies I typically avoid FB groups and stick with forums. Too many unreasonable tools with uninformed opinions. Granted forums are not impervious to said 'expert' or 'role model'. However, they love the limelight in front of their friends/followers of social media.

To be honest though, I love to troll a troll.
Jun 06, 2019, 02:08 AM
Most experienced boaters know that with rtr boats they normally need a bit of work done on them to make them better. Which we are prepared to do considering the cheap prices these boats are, $600 or so for a Geico 36 would cost closer to $2000 for a custom boat to be built & probably wouldn't be much faster if at all. I think there are some great rtr boats around today, lets face it there would be a lot fewer people getting in to rc boats without some of the good rtr boats available today whether it be a $100 boat or a $600 rtr.

Quick Reply