Jun 25, 2019, 09:03 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I think this extra focus on affiliate links, which some sellers try to enforce, isn't doing anyone any good in the end. The Banggood vendor subforum has already been turned into 99.9% topics that were started to post such a link.

Nothing personal, just a bit worried where this could be heading.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 09:04 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
Bad goggles are 4/3 it is the shark !
Take EV200D the best google at good price !

You whant to do a reviewer bad idéa for have free drones and other, because a lot of time and now nobody like FPV.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:17 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I think this extra focus on affiliate links, which some sellers try to enforce, isn't doing anyone any good in the end.
affiliate links were all fine and good when BG used to have CS and stand behind what they sold. Now their modus operandi is to lie, cheat and steal. it kinda makes it hard to support them anymore.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:26 AM
Bad affiliate links !
Jun 25, 2019, 09:33 AM
Yes I agree the whole affiliate thing is taking hold and it's not a good thing generally.
This forum itself for instance.....

I'm wanting to do it more because I'm fed up with other people just starting the forums and not maintaining the first post AT ALL. The search facility on rcgroups seems to have stopped working for me too so I can't find out much unless I read through the whole forum lol.

You say the forums are full of people starting new ones only to share affiliate links and you are right, but why not flight back by starting a forum again and do it properly like it used to be?
Anyway I started another forum explaining my intentions and linking to this forum too , please feel free to ignore or contribute to it, I really don't want ot start arguing about affiliate links or not though , they are here and we have to deal with it as best we can.

Don't worry though I'm not going to be doing tons of reviews, I'm not up for that, it takes a long time to do one properly and even longer to maintain it.
I like flying rather than reviewing....
But it's raining again lmfao!
Jun 25, 2019, 09:34 AM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
With so many Happymodel these, those, and them toos . . . I figured that triangle vTx came out on one of the Mobula flavors. What holds it down in the Can that won't work with the Primo? The Primo canopy looked like it would have held a VTX03 & a cam OK. . .
I believe both using the same 🔺️ 25/200mW switchable vtx. On the trashcan or mobula frame the aio board is securely screwed in place each corner with Primo the board only screwed front and back and nothing on the sides, stacking the vtx on top of the aio board without the adapter will never stay in place.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONCLEFLY
Bad affiliate links !
when they aren't hidden AND don't support a company with shady practices, then they don't bug me.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:38 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
affiliate links were all fine and good when BG used to have CS and stand behind what they sold. Now their modus operandi is to lie, cheat and steal. it kinda makes it hard to support them anymore.

Affiliate links can work, as in offering some extra reward for the effort, and it could be seen as a way to show appreciation. But it seems to go overboard and reversed, if there aren't enough clicks, a reviewer tumbles down and becomes much less likely to be eligible for trying something for free, basically forcing him to either don't care, or try on as many occasions as possible, to promote his affiliate links. And since others will want to do the same, you get the same competition as in the vendor section, where people try to be the first to post a new product topic, just to get a link in. The way sellers push this now, basically forces people to either jump on the bandwagon, and join the "competition" to highlight their links, or just let it be, and then become more likely to not get picked for reviewing something.

Anyway, I don't think the extra focus on these links helps to improve a review, which imho should be about showing what to expect from a product, and not risk getting turned into an "advertorial". I know there are enough reviewers who despite the sellers pushing, manage to keep focus on the product, but it should not be something to have to strongly keep in mind.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 25, 2019, 09:53 AM
I think is bad trying something for free !
Affiliate links is the same because when you know, you buy this other link.
YT is all affiliate links and me I never buy this this !
Jun 25, 2019, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I think this extra focus on affiliate links, which some sellers try to enforce, isn't doing anyone any good in the end. The Banggood vendor subforum has already been turned into 99.9% topics that were started to post such a link.

Nothing personal, just a bit worried where this could be heading.

Links............Whatever i get in return goes back in the hobby for reviews it is a cycle.......2 sailflys bought by myself for review and countless things that are needed the reddevil wll be here soon to compare,there would be no other way for me to review these as i am not capable of working that you already know.

I love this hobby to but it's my only way to do atleast something in my life and help others where i can heck most of the time it's a struggle getting out of bed,why i fly from my window most of the time or my son is in my videos well i can't go get the quad that crashed or throw a plane......can't even sit up when flying for me it's all i have if i could change things so the links would not matter i would.

Back on topic,that 16.9 cam is coming out for a 4:3 aspect ratio one and the FC being inverted wth the motor plugs being so close to the frame is it a good idea we will find out.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:09 AM
BisDak2
Quote:
And the Sailfy-X frame bad !
This frame would've been good if they didn't carve so much carbon around this area
Jun 25, 2019, 10:13 AM
Of course all reviewer said is good, but everybody said no !

@Merk if you want help everybody stop your bad channel !
And go to help the people with no money !
Jun 25, 2019, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
This frame would've been good if they didn't carve so much carbon around this area
probably would not be an issue with top quality CF that's also cut in the proper direction. but yeah for cheapo carbon, and getting cut in any random orientation, there really needs to be a lot more meat near the holes.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Of course all reviewer said is good, but everybody said no !

@Merk if you want help everybody stop your bad channel !
And go to help the people with no money !
VERY likely that earlier shipped models were made with better CF, the best quality parts and better QC. that's kinda how these things tend to go. (and why I prefer to build over buy)

***exception here of course being the addition of 1.5mm shafts on the sailfly, after the initial outcry by reviewers/consumers. -then they got lazy on the CF.

My guess is red devil will be marginally better than sailfly. at least at first. the canopy is certainly an upgrade.
Last edited by xanuser; Jun 25, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:43 AM
Yes the Eachine RedDevil better Saifly-X because the frame more durable VTX 200mW and EOS2 Camera.

Quick Reply