Jun 24, 2019, 09:21 AM
Registered User Friendly
I highly doubt it. Looks like a rebranded sailfly with a different canopy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2019, 09:42 AM
The frame looks to be cut differently than the Sailfly-X.
Jun 24, 2019, 10:00 AM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrys_burge
The frame looks to be cut differently than the Sailfly-X.
So this one is basically a trashcan transferred to a CF toothpick frame with 1102 motors, right?
Jun 24, 2019, 10:03 AM
I believe so.
Looks to be almost the same as the Sailfly-X except it has separate VTX, EOS cam and motors are 200kv higher.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Jun 24, 2019, 10:14 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
I think is better frame because the Saifly-X the frame bake at the scews motor, the carbone is little.

Him no.
Last edited by ONCLEFLY; Jun 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM.
Jun 24, 2019, 10:50 AM
And the Sailfy-X frame bad !
Jun 24, 2019, 01:30 PM
Hopefully it will be a stronger frame than the Sailfly-X..
Jun 24, 2019, 01:37 PM
Yes
Jun 24, 2019, 02:48 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
From the pics I could see, it looks like the board mounts with the motor plugs down on this vs the Sailfly, which flips the board over. The arms are cut at more of an angle at the frame body, and are "sharp" where on the Sailfly, they're rounded. The main body part looks cut out to fit the motor plugs too.

I'm still hoping Gnarly really does ship my Primo 080X frame in a week like they show. I have a JMT T85 kit, like Nigel is reviewing, on the way specifically for that frame.

It comes with a Crazybee F4 Pro V2.0 1-3S board, the HM EX1102 9000KV motors, Turbo Eos2 FPV Camera which I'm not thrilled with, but has the new triangle switchable VTX, 2 sets of Gemfan props, a 2S 450 battery, and a little ImaxB3 2-3S charger(I have two, and they work fine) . . . plus their chunky little 85mm frame and canopy, if anybody wants it . . . all for $90 shipped . . . and already soldered together and ready to just plug & play. I can't buy those parts by themselves for that . . . and they literally just plug into the Primo frame, and I can go out and play !!
Jun 24, 2019, 04:42 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
I'm still hoping Gnarly really does ship my Primo 080X frame in a week like they show. I have a JMT T85 kit, like Nigel is reviewing, on the way specifically for that frame.

It comes with a Crazybee F4 Pro V2.0 1-3S board, the HM EX1102 9000KV motors, Turbo Eos2 FPV Camera which I'm not thrilled with, but has the new triangle switchable VTX, 2 sets of Gemfan props, a 2S 450 battery, and a little ImaxB3 2-3S charger(I have two, and they work fine) . . . plus their chunky little 85mm frame and canopy, if anybody wants it . . . all for $90 shipped . . . and already soldered together and ready to just plug & play. I can't buy those parts by themselves for that . . . and they literally just plug into the Primo frame, and I can go out and play !!
You can't go wrong with Primo as long as you have everything it's an easy swap. You did order the vtx 3d printed holder too, right?
Jun 24, 2019, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
You can't go wrong with Primo as long as you have everything it's an easy swap. You did order the vtx 3d printed holder too, right?
What ever comes with the kit. It showed:

"The Primo Canopy has been updated and will now support the EOS2 Camera, Runcam Nano, and Runcam Racer nano ( Runcam Nano adapters are NOT included, and are available separately). Eachine trashcan VTX is also supported, along with the Mobula7 AIO Camera. Alternative AIO cameras should fit the canopy with the included camera mount as well.

In the kit . . . . .

EOS2 Camera mount
AIO Camera mount
Canopy

With the board mounted just like a Whoop, wouldn't that little triangle vTx just sit on top of it, just like on the Mobula or the Can? I probably have a couple VTX03s and a cam I could fit in the canopy if that thing would be a problem.

I really really like my 85/802 Whoop I just put together. It flies great, faster than the Mobula, handles like a 65mm, well over 6 minutes LoS on a 1S 550 HV battery, pretty much cranking it the whole time, and that's with the KK 48mm 4 blade props on a Beta 85 frame. My Mobula has gotten great flight times ever since I got it, and am really thinking about ordering another set of the Mobula 802/16kvs for that Primo frame . . . they have the same 3 hole pattern as the larger 1102s, although I've also read the HM 1102s are pretty efficient too . . . I'll try the larger ones from the kit first, and see how they do . . . but I can always put the 802s in a 65mm Whoop frame . . . just happened to get one in my last order, and nothing to put in it . . .
Jun 24, 2019, 10:02 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
What ever comes with the kit. It showed:

"The Primo Canopy has been updated and will now support the EOS2 Camera, Runcam Nano, and Runcam Racer nano ( Runcam Nano adapters are NOT included, and are available separately). Eachine trashcan VTX is also supported, along with the Mobula7 AIO Camera. Alternative AIO cameras should fit the canopy with the included camera mount as well.

In the kit . . . . .

EOS2 Camera mount
AIO Camera mount
Canopy

With the board mounted just like a Whoop, wouldn't that little triangle vTx just sit on top of it, just like on the Mobula or the Can? I probably have a couple VTX03s and a cam I could fit in the canopy if that thing would be a problem.

I really really like my 85/802 Whoop I just put together. It flies great, faster than the Mobula, handles like a 65mm, well over 6 minutes LoS on a 1S 550 HV battery, pretty much cranking it the whole time, and that's with the KK 48mm 4 blade props on a Beta 85 frame. My Mobula has gotten great flight times ever since I got it, and am really thinking about ordering another set of the Mobula 802/16kvs for that Primo frame . . . they have the same 3 hole pattern as the larger 1102s, although I've also read the HM 1102s are pretty efficient too . . . I'll try the larger ones from the kit first, and see how they do . . . but I can always put the 802s in a 65mm Whoop frame . . . just happened to get one in my last order, and nothing to put in it . . .
The one I'm talking about is not listed atm on his site but all it is, is an adapter to hold the triangle vtx (aka trashcan vtx) outside edge by the motor plugs, without that piece you have to be creative to hold the vtx in place. I didn't installed my trashcan vtx cause I don't have that vtx adapter when I build my Primo, instead I just shoved my Skystar 100mW vtx
Jun 25, 2019, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
The one I'm talking about is not listed atm on his site but all it is, is an adapter to hold the triangle vtx (aka trashcan vtx) outside edge by the motor plugs, without that piece you have to be creative to hold the vtx in place. I didn't installed my trashcan vtx cause I don't have that vtx adapter when I build my Primo, instead I just shoved my Skystar 100mW vtx
With so many Happymodel these, those, and them toos . . . I figured that triangle vTx came out on one of the Mobula flavors. What holds it down in the Can that won't work with the Primo? The Primo canopy looked like it would have held a VTX03 & a cam OK. I was originally going to use an F3 $21 special for it, but plans changed. That "kit" comes all together and as long as I'm plugging in the pieces, I thought I'd get better flight times and a better flier with the larger Primo frame. I could always use the triangle back on a Whoop . . . never can have too many of those . . .
Jun 25, 2019, 03:15 AM
Yesterday, I just got confirmation that my Red Devils shipped !
Looking forward to checking this one out..
Jun 25, 2019, 08:43 AM
I got one on the way too, I think the frame looks stronger at the motor mounts , I have a few of the eos2 camera now and as long as props are balanced and canopy actually holds the camera properly ( the trashcan did NOT ) they do make flying through challenging lighted areas easier , shame it's the 16/9 though as my goggles are 4/3.
Though my contact at banggood has said that if I get my affiliate sales up a little bit ( which should be easy as they are pretty much nothing as I don't constantly post new forums and share affiliate links for stuff I don't have lol ) they will let me have a goggle to review, maybe you guys could help out for a bit and use my affiliate links before purchasing anything?

Anyway once I get the reddevil I will post on this forum and add a blog post as usual kept up to date on the FIRST post with all the latest useful information as time goes on.
Maybe I should start another forum in micro multi rotors for it doing just that because this forum might just end up like many others where all the good info is just lost in sea of speculation etc

Quick Reply