Sep 14, 2019, 10:50 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
Did this a while back after seeing Dave C's video but the weather has been rubbish here. It's now about the same weight as the sailfly-x with much better video and reception. Still a bit of jello at 90%+ throttle but think my props are a bit dicey. Flew today on an overcast day and the video actually looked good - no crazy red like I had last time I flew.

Might write up the changes I made later on, I've taken lots of photos along the way.
Could you write the link for this canopy ?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 11:00 AM
RC-addicted
Seems to be this one.
Sep 14, 2019, 11:25 AM
Thank you.
Sep 16, 2019, 01:37 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Recently had a relatively soft ground hit (in grass) - the FC did a LIVE reset mid air (resulting in a landing like an ANCHOR).... now I have no video or OSD. I have changed out the VTX and the Camera (changing one part at a time to find rootcause) and last in line now is the FC.

I have a replacement FC coming today, so I can do a swap as see if the FC failed during it's last drop flight.

I did not really think about it, but that in flight reset may have been the obvious thing (FC expiration) I looked right past. The quad still spools up.... hence the reason I looked past the FC.

More to this saga.... hopefully some good flights and good video.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:28 AM

Reddevil V2 Micro FPV Racing Drone Flight Test Review

I know that I'm late to the table, but here are my thoughts on the V2.

Reddevil V2 Toothpick Micro FPV Racer Drone Flight Test Review (22 min 37 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 04:43 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Roth
Seems to be this one.
Yes that is it, thanks.

I actually have another canopy recommendation which is 1g lighter again but for now here is how my RD is looking
Sep 18, 2019, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
Yes that is it, thanks.

I actually have another canopy recommendation which is 1g lighter again but for now here is how my RD is looking
Nice......not got around to putting a new canopy on after hitting a pole face on and busted the lens lol..........since i'm bored you just made me want to take it out and get it all fixed up
Sep 21, 2019, 02:00 PM
OK, let's try this again...

After 2 failed CrazybeeF4 Pro V2.1 boards, I installed a NamelessRC 12A board and an XM+. Replaced the EOS2 with a RunCam Nano2 and printed a new canopy that has a hole for mounting a proper buzzer. Got rid of the battery holder and just used a rubber band and piece of silicone pad.

Stock props were still quite fluttery (even on 2S). Tried the HQprop 65mm but, I had a hard time getting them on the shafts, only managed about halfway (with great difficulty). They flew terrible - probably related to not being able to get them properly on the shafts. Tried the T65 version... couldn't get them on either. What is the point in having such a tight shaft-hole when they are intended to be screwed down anyway?

Finally went with the HQprop T2x2.5x3, smooth as butter (despite the blustery weather). I'll try a few other props when I get better weather.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Sep 21, 2019 at 02:09 PM.
Oct 09, 2019, 05:37 PM
Thanks to a fellow Scots ptwenty for printing me out some canopys,yet to take it out for a test flight tho.....I ow you a pint m8
Oct 10, 2019, 06:53 AM
Anytime dude! It looks pretty smart in the photo
Oct 17, 2019, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Thanks to a fellow Scots ptwenty for printing me out some canopys,yet to take it out for a test flight tho.....I ow you a pint m8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwenty
Anytime dude! It looks pretty smart in the photo
That looks nice , does it reduce the jello which is the main reason I don't fly mine much ..?
No 3d printer here or I would print one too.
Oct 17, 2019, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
That looks nice , does it reduce the jello which is the main reason I don't fly mine much ..?

I have yet to test it been very busy as of late.
Oct 17, 2019, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Hi mate, I dont have a red devil I just made them for Merch

but if you PM your address Iíll print a few off in different densities of TPU and post them to you to try out
Oct 18, 2019, 02:09 AM
I print with PETG and no jello, better than TPU.
Oct 18, 2019, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwenty
Hi mate, I dont have a red devil I just made them for Merch

but if you PM your address Iíll print a few off in different densities of TPU and post them to you to try out
That's very kind ,
Thanks.

Quick Reply