Jun 02, 2019, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
New Product

ZOHD Orbit NEON (Official Thread)

A bit of History...

The 900mm ZOHD Orbit has been around for a while. Her wonderful stability in flight combined with a second to none portability and innovative assembly system makes her one of the most desirable airframes for any FPV lover: Hundreds of wonderful reviews online testify about this fact.
Of course, we could have just revamp her under our very popular MKII format, make it heavier, larger, more complicated to setup... Instead of all of that, we went the other way around: This wing is already tons of fun, how can we take it to the next level, without compromising the fun factor?

Doing it at night!

ZOHD Orbit Neon is the world first snap-n-fly portable FPV wing with built-in LED for night flying. It is easy to hand launch and fly super stable, the Orbit wing is very convenient to carry with because the detachable main wing can be assembled easily by plugs, meanwhile the new crash absorption system will save the plane even in a hard crash. The built-in servo structure makes the airfoil more aerodynamic and avoid damage even in a crash.

Specs

Material: Crash Resistant EPP Wingspan: 900mm (35.43'') Length: 422mm (16.61'')
Motor: 2204-1870KV
ESC: 30A w/5V 1A BEC
Servos: 8g digital servo
Prop: 6*3
Wing area: 19.8dm2
Wing load: 60.6g/dm2 (Max.) Recommended Battery:
3S 1300 - 2200mAh (not included) Flying speed: 25-100+km/h

Features:

Built-in ZOHD Stabilization Unit make the Orbit wing super stable flyers, very easy to control. Autonomous fly directly after hand-launch, never crash when take-off.
Soldering-free built-in LED for main wings and nose, easy to plug and unplug in seconds.
Multiple bonus camera mounts, compatible with GP H3/H4, RC2 HD, FX HS1177 and many more! EPP molded wing, built-in carbon fiber spar for reinforcement, super light and flexible!
Detachable main wings with our acclaimed snap-n-fly system, will save the plane even in a hard crash. Designated room inside fuselage for FPV gear
“NACA” air-intake in nose and air-outlet in tail for better cooling.
Self-tighten prop nuts for secure prop mounting.
CG bumps under wings for perfect balance at the airfield.
PNP Include:
Orbit Neon with built-in LED lights, pre-assembled motor, ESC, servos, ZOHD Stabilization Unit, hardware.

Order here: https://www.banggood.com/ZOHD-Orbit-...r_warehouse=CN

ZOHD Orbit NEON: Presentation video (5 min 20 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2019, 06:26 PM
Like it BUT i wish you guys would have made it more sexy like the last 2 releases its going to be very hard for me to put down my 1st orbit because i love it so much
Jun 15, 2019, 05:19 PM
I review RC Products
This is my Unboxing for the brand new ZOHD Orbit Neon 900mm FPV Night Flying Wing.

ZOHD Orbit Neon 900mm FPV Night Flying Wing Unboxing (9 min 35 sec)
Jun 17, 2019, 09:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
This is my Unboxing for the brand new ZOHD Orbit Neon 900mm FPV Night Flying Wing.

https://youtu.be/DYwpPol851A
Great video!!
Jun 18, 2019, 02:39 PM
I review RC Products
Thank you!
Jul 02, 2019, 08:02 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
For those of us looking forwards to the darker evenings ......... an internal view of the Orbit NEON wing panels which throw some nice light patterns at night. Think of these individual "pockets" as Pixels

25x WS2812B addressable LEDs weigh around 8 grams ( plus solder and your wiring )

Now , the NEON will of course show its true glory in the Autumn/Winter months which is lucky because i have a lot of soldering to do......it also gives me a little time to work things out ( rather than the typical ADHD un-box and run to the field to be the first to fly ) .

Led control will be performed by an ESP-32 connected via its WiFi to my Android phone giving me full control over the colours and patterns the LED's will show ( this part is already done ) Wiring will either be kynar or enamelled magnet wire which is already pretested and capable of carrying the voltage around the system

Option 1 is a Neo Pixel in each bay, this is around 25 pixels , the long bays will need more than 1 just because of the light scatter through the foam so 25 is an approximate

Option 2 is far more complex BUT it will show in the colours displayed via the light scatter of the foam. This option is around 78 pixels ( approx 1 ounce in weight of LED's ) plus wiring. The Orbit NEON can easily accommodate this increase in weight and is it is spaced relatively well across the whole of the wing i dont foresee any problems

I will be using an ESP32 to control the Leds along with a 5V PDB/BEC

And then there's this stuff
Last edited by scousethief; Jul 05, 2019 at 06:28 AM.
Jul 04, 2019, 07:03 PM
Light Blub hahahah have to get me a spare set of wings
Jul 05, 2019, 06:26 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Trying to decide whether to use "Dotstar" or "NeoPixel" Led's. Both types can be "programmed"

NeoPixel = cheap but larger size and weight
DotStar = more expensive but have a smaller footprint/weight

There are also Electroluminescent panels/strips/paints but these come with their own issues
Jul 06, 2019, 08:33 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Does this have the same gyro unit as the plain orbit? Was flying a few days ago and my gyro freaked out on me and caused a catastrophic crash. Destroyed everything in spectacular fashion.

Would hate to be flying at night and have the same thing happen.
Jul 07, 2019, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
ZOHD Orbit NEON: A ride in Heaven (3 min 58 sec)
Jul 07, 2019, 02:05 PM
I review RC Products
Very cool! Mine will be maidened very soon and I cannot wait to share the footage we get
Jul 16, 2019, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking of this as my first wing, is the stabilizer different from the older non-neon Orbit?
Jul 16, 2019, 10:11 PM
I review RC Products
It is improved and the older one is very good.
Jul 28, 2019, 02:07 PM
I review RC Products
This is my Maiden Flight At Dusk!

ZOHD Orbit Neon 900mm FPV Night Flying Wing Maiden Flight At Dusk (3 min 25 sec)
Sep 06, 2019, 05:23 AM

battery issue or something else

Battery question/issue
I just got this wing last night and was not able to fly it. I was using a regular sized 2200 Mah battery and the plane would go side ways and hit the ground. I tried with safe mode, on and off and it didn't matter. Should I be using the smaller 11.1 volt batteries? I didn't see anything about he cg in the one page manual!!
Any help is appreciated

Quick Reply