Feb 07, 2005, 03:36 PM
TheGermanSlopeNovice
Thread OP

Embraer TUCANO 312F from CAM

Hi,

just a few pictures of my unfinishes TUCANO. it is modelled after a venezuelian version (not perfectly scale!). the building process is a bit different than us sloper do. the plane is painted an then covered with strapping tape ONLY.
Hope you like it

greetings, stefan
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2005, 08:09 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
not a bad effort at all is it your first go at PSS .And now that your just about ready to fly this little gem your next aircraft should be already pushing you in the back of the mind to build .This is the the way of the true slope fanatic so many planes not enough EPP
SteveW
Feb 07, 2005, 08:18 PM
plane obsessed
What kind of foam are you using? It looks great- let us know how she flies!

Cody
Feb 08, 2005, 02:29 AM
Free as a bird now.
That looks very good. I've got the wings and fuselage cut and ready for an original EPP Tucano design. Now I just need to find time to get it built.
Feb 08, 2005, 02:31 AM
Free as a bird now.
That looks very good.

I've got the wings and fuselage cut and ready for an original EPP Tucano design. Now I just need to find time to get it built.
Feb 08, 2005, 03:04 AM
TheGermanSlopeNovice
Thread OP
Thanx guys ....
the plane is from www.combatairmodels.com (cnc cut epp foam and coroplast tailpieces). CAM is a great supplier of epp models (kits) in europe.

It uses a S3021 profile (a bit better sailing performance in light lift than RG15/14 - i think), the weight is (hopefully will be) around 950g, wingspan approx. 138 mm, wing area 33 dm²

greetings, stefan
Last edited by TGSN; Feb 08, 2005 at 03:24 AM.
Feb 08, 2005, 12:14 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
The CAM planes are pretty sweet, but honestly I think you guys will be amazed when you started building them and covering them the way we do over here. The flight performance and appearance are leaps and bounds better, IMHO (not that your plane looks in any way bad, and I'm sure it will be fun to fly). IIRC Guillame had a similar sort of "revelation" a few months back when he built a CAM Mustang and covered it with Solartex. He went from a disbeliever to a proponent, if I am not mistaken!

The above setup is probably better for combat, though--but IMHO wings are far better for combat than any conventional design

Steve
Feb 08, 2005, 01:26 PM
TheGermanSlopeNovice
Thread OP
hi,
no doubt - the american way of building scale slopers is the best . i just did it the quick and dirty way to get it in the lift as soon as posible - the LEG FW190 is waiting ....

Stefan
Feb 08, 2005, 02:39 PM
plane obsessed
Thanks for the info- it is sweet! If I flew that thing here I would lose it in all the dead plant life for sure! Then never find it...

Fly on!

Quick Reply