May 31, 2019, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Anybody used Oratex Natural, what do you think?

I'm just finishing up a classic Aeromaster, and wanting to do a fabric and paint finish. It's been years, but I have used Super Coverite a long time ago with great results. I'm wondering if this is about the same thing? http://shop.balsausa.com/product_p/tx-000.htm

I'm leaning toward a Butyrate dope (sig or randolph) finish. Planning on a coat or two of clear, a layer of filler / primer, some wet sanding, then blow the color on.

So.. What say you oh Sages of the finish?
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2019, 10:29 AM
I'm just finishing a project with it. It's basically the same as solartex which I liked better then coverite. It's very nice. I used 3 coats of basecoat white and cleared it. Sanded smooth with 800. Then added colors and final clear because I wanted the fabric to not show.
Jun 04, 2019, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
that's what I was hoping....

BTW, what did you use for your Base? Dope? Rattle Can? Unobtanium? That's gonna be a Great looking 'munk.
Last edited by Twangmaster; Jun 04, 2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: had to ask...
Jun 04, 2019, 06:17 PM
I used automotive Nason basecoat and clear. Have also used latex on top of fabric for a 1/4 cub. Also used poly-tone aircraft paint on a 1/3 cub. pm me with any other questions. These sites don't let me know when they get commented on

Quick Reply