This thread is privately moderated by gliding Oz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2019, 05:16 PM
MQ-5B Driver
I couldn't figure out a way to make it $130.. so I just rounded up to $150 instead.. You guys earned it.. Great job!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2019, 08:52 AM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Thread OP
We would like to thank Supa Tim and North West RC as our 8th sponsor.
Supa Tim has kindly donated a 60” Sky Wing 3d Airplane.
North West RC https://northwestrc.com/ is an Extreme Flight dealer for the west coast and the USA Distributor for Sky Wing.

Prize 13 is,
The 60″ Sky Wing Laser has:
Advanced construction for today’s demanding pilots
Factory assembled detailed canopy interior
Pre-baffled cowling for maximum motor cooling
Incredible value with carbon fiber wing tube, landing gear and tailwheel assembly.
Wing bag and electric spinner – INCLUDED
https://northwestrc.com/Skywing-60-L...me_p_2226.html
Value $269.99

We would also like to thank everyone that has so far supported the team with their donation (purchase of tickets).
We still have a little way to go with the fundraising http://www.teamusaf3b.com/2019-fund-raising-prizes
Aug 18, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glauco
By the way, and correct me if I'm wrong (Reto) but it seems Bohlen started with his Device but then moved to his PP2.
I helped him make this decision in a decisive but drastic way He thanked me for help When he started flying PP2, he was unstoppable
Devices: My Freestylers = 0:2

Jerzy
Aug 19, 2019, 03:59 PM
We are all back home from a great adventure. The team had some great USA helpers, Pavel Safarik and Leszek Zyga as well as two locals, Petr and Valerie Hulik. The team performed well and really improved in distance. The conditions were challenging with brief showers several afternoons. That kept the helpers busy covering up the winch line and could really mess with the lift conditions before and after the storm clouds. But the winches and batteries were always ready and fresh for our launches.

We are still seeking out donations. And we still have a ways to go in fundraising http://www.teamusaf3b.com/2019-fund-raising-prizes

Thanks again for your support.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:22 PM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Thread OP
Next we would like to thank Pete Goldsmith of Pete Goldsmith Designs for their support as our 9th sponsor.
Pete a fellow soaring junkie and friend has kindly donated one of his kits, a beautiful Sapphire Sailplane kit! https://www.petergoldsmithdesigns.co...-page/sapphire

Prize 14, Sapphire Sailplane kit
Weight: 3.5-4lbs (1.4-1.6kg)
Span: 96″ (2.45m)
Length: 75.6 (1.92m)
Airfoil: PG1223
2-3ch: 2 Servos
Many of us have wonderful memories running through fields chasing free flight models. One of the latest revelations in RC is to relive those classic times resizing some of the classic free flight models and making them RC.
Although the Sapphire is of no particular model, it still captures the essential look and flight performance of the period. If your interested in reliving aero modeling from the 50’s or just want to enjoy the simple relaxing pleasure of a retro design, this could be the model for you. The Sapphire makes a perfect light lift slope model or if you dont have a slope handy, you can install the 64MM EDF for propulsion..
It also makes for a great first time build project.
Kit includes all laser cut parts, full size plan, pushrods, control horns, sheeting, spar stock, just choose your favorite covering and RC equipment and you will have all you need to get this classic design into the air.

We would also like to thank everyone that has so far supported the team with their donation (purchase of tickets).
We still have a little way to go with the fundraising http://www.teamusaf3b.com/2019-fund-raising-prizes
Aug 26, 2019, 08:44 AM
F3B and F3K
Wow, the Austrians wanted to look sharp for the price giving and brought their best suits.

Looks like you guys had a good time!

Reto
Latest blog entry: thoughts on contest flying
Aug 27, 2019, 11:35 AM
Team Crunch Brothers
Sorry for the tardyness - K club contribution will be in tonight when I get home from work.

Great work guys!

-l
Aug 29, 2019, 11:21 AM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Thread OP
Next we would like to thank Frank Tiano and ZAP for their support as our 10th sponsor.
Frank has kindly donated prize #15, #16 and #17, 3 fantastic Team Zap adhesive kits.
Frank has been one of the most consistent supporters of Soaring Teams in all of USA during the last 10 years. Please support him by buying Zap products. These kits include ZAP Thin CA, ZAP Medium CA, ZAP a Gap Thick CA, ZAP Rubber Toughened CA, Zap Foam Safe CA and ZAP Kicker and spray. They are in a convenient plastic tray with lid and simply perfect to have with you at the flying field for field repairs or stored on your work bench for when you need the best adhesives for your next build. Frank Tiano also has provided the US Soaring Team with extra adhesives for use as team supplies in Jesenik. Please visit Franks website https://www.franktiano.com/zap-adhesive and check out the great range of Zap adhesives available.
Aug 29, 2019, 02:03 PM
Zap is still the best CA I've used. Thanks Frank!
Aug 30, 2019, 09:18 AM
We are getting closer to the end of our sponsor list. Thanks Thomas for twisting all the arms and doing the great posts on rcgroups and the "other" site.

Thanks everyone for all the support. It is a tough fundraising year with three soaring teams. Don't forget to also help them too. It really helps future teams if your donations exceed expenses. There are always early expenses to cover before donations start flowing in.

WC coverage withdrawal now.
Aug 30, 2019, 02:56 PM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Thread OP
Once I get to the end of the list of our wonderful sponsors, we will draw the prizes!
Aug 30, 2019, 03:09 PM
MQ-5B Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlachow
We are getting closer to the end of our sponsor list. Thanks Thomas for twisting all the arms and doing the great posts on rcgroups and the "other" site.

Thanks everyone for all the support. It is a tough fundraising year with three soaring teams. Don't forget to also help them too. It really helps future teams if your donations exceed expenses. There are always early expenses to cover before donations start flowing in.

WC coverage withdrawal now.
Heh.. I tried to help each out evenly.. I think you guys got a bit extra from me, but I know how crazy expensive it is to travel with airplanes.. Can't even imagine trying to lug winches along too!
Aug 30, 2019, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Heh.. I tried to help each out evenly.. I think you guys got a bit extra from me, but I know how crazy expensive it is to travel with airplanes.. Can't even imagine trying to lug winches along too!
Thanks for the extra support Doug.

My most valuable tool is a luggage scale. I also keep a detailed packing list in OneNote for the return home. I built aluminum stand legs for my Ober winches so that I could pack the winch, sleeves, pedal, turnaround pulley and keep it under 50 lbs. .My turnaround stakes are a combination of steel for the point and top and 7075 aluminum. I have to polish tbat a few times each year and spray the occasionally with boeshield. They are just long enough to fit diagonally in my one bag. We should get Columbia as a sponsor since the cloths provide good sun protection and is really light weight. You dont want to get hit by our carryon backpacks stuffed with ballast.

Four checked bags gives me airplanes, two winches, transmitters, chargers including winch battery field charger, some repair stuff, cloths.

Airlines are really expensive beyond bag 2. We factor in bag fees when finding the best airfare.

Tom went to the extreme of building a pair of winches that will pack at 70 lbs.

It is worth the effort so you know the winch you will have. Better than borrowing winches. I still dislike rental batteries. We have a battery tester to make sure all of those are as matched as possible. More stuff.

I have four pairs of glasses in there too. Covers everything from evening overcast to flying speed runs right through the sun.
Aug 30, 2019, 11:14 PM
Mike, thanks for the post about packing for the WC. Reminds me of the adventures of the past. I admire how smart you guys have become with lowering the weight of your equipment. Those baggage fees REALLY add up!

Out of curiosity, did you have EMC-Vega deliver your line to the contest? I still remember when UPS lost half of the line Mike Smith and I shipped to the 2004 team trials. It makes me tense just thinking about it!!

Also when we got to the 2007 WC and the batteries were MUCH lower resistance than our stateside batteries. Good times!

Quick Reply