This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 30, 2019, 08:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Happenings - 31 May 2019

Yes , been raining for almost a week now ( most rain we have had in a long time ) ..
Came this morning , one WL Toys F-959 ...
Easy peasy / lemon squeezy ... Just plug in the wings and charge the battery ... Ok !

I also had to trim the rudder and elevator .. Alignment was ?
Other than that :
Engine / prop produce right on about 1:1 power to weight .. Noisy motor but no bad vibrations .
Flying weight is right on about 111 grams .

Factory transmitter blows chunks ! Ever seen a Cow blow chunks , the factory Tx blows chunks like that ..
Ele / Rud are seriously jerky
Motor = First 1/3 of throttle gives you nothing , then suddenly the power comes on .. And motor speed seems to be in 3 stages ( Feels like )
And the Rud / Ele feels the same , like 3 stages of control ( Not smooth at all )

Since the model uses the old Flysky protocol , I bound it to by Taranis Q x7 equipped with a multi protocol module ..

Chalk and Cheese folks ... Night and day , garbage and strawberries .
The difference is simply astounding .. Everything on the Qx7 is smooth ( Motor / Rud / Ele ) .

The battery goes right up the nose of the model , and there is plenty of movement / placement to play with the CG .

I will not fly the F959 with the factory Tx , it just blows .
I already set it up in the X7 .

Bad Weather , rain and more rain predicted + Winds ...
??? When I will get a chance to fly , F959 - Firstar - Ezio ...

MG 800

I saw this neat kit ...

And thought , wow ! I want one ...
Now the plan is to build it , and get it under 250 grams .
??????????????

Andrew Newton built and reviewed one , and his came in at 440 grams , which for a 800mm model . To me seems a little like a house brick .
Now , is the kit version out of the box about 130 grams ?
Which gives us 120 grams of stuffing ?

Anyhow , I ordered the kit over a month ago and it has finally shipped ..
Something to look forward to ..

MG-800 EPP High Wing Trainer (10 min 52 sec)

MG-800 EPP Trainer maiden (9 min 58 sec)
Last edited by old4570; May 30, 2019 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply