Jun 18, 2019, 11:51 PM
Here's a mash up of my two flights from the day. I like pop tops with this jet if you can't tell.

FMS Futura V2 -The Day's Flights (4 min 54 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 01:34 PM
After I crashed my FW Avanti last year I've been looking for a replacement. It's between this, another Avanti, and the new Havoc Xe. I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and the wing control connectors are the winning factor. Suppose they'll last, long term? If I plug/unplug often?
Jun 19, 2019, 08:47 PM
Thread OP
Weather was awesome today & allowed another 5 flts on this beauty .. Refined GG & Flaps to my liking .. Found enough Kahunas to Snap Roll today & found I had to increase Ailerons to 135% to Snap otherwise it was a Lame Duck with Stock 100% ..For me Neck to Neck favouritism with the Avanti the more I fly it..
Jun 19, 2019, 09:15 PM
Awesome! So where did you end up for C/G? Youíre using a separate bec arenít you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Weather was awesome today & allowed another 5 flts on this beauty .. Refined GG & Flaps to my liking .. Found enough Kahunas to Snap Roll today & found I had to increase Ailerons to 135% to Snap otherwise it was a Lame Duck with Stock 100% ..For me Neck to Neck favouritism with the Avanti the more I fly it..
Jun 19, 2019, 09:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane
Awesome! So where did you end up for C/G? You’re using a separate bec aren’t you?
Exactly where the rear edge of the plastic wing connector is..Yes to the Bec..
Last edited by HellHathNoFury; Jun 19, 2019 at 10:35 PM.
Jun 22, 2019, 06:33 PM
Nick Radle
Got my V2. So far not much different than the V1 as far as assembly goes. One thing I changed immediately was the battery straps. The factory ones are too small for the larger, high C packs.
Might bolt the stab on before work to see if the fixed the crooked stab issue.
Jun 26, 2019, 11:25 AM
Nick Radle
Definitely not much difference in the quality improvement area. Screws still suck, battery straps are still too short for big batteries, and stab is still crooked in relation to the wing.
Last edited by Bodywerks; Jun 26, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
Jun 26, 2019, 02:08 PM
The screws most definitely suck! My friend unfortunately crashed his FMS plane and I immediately swooped in and claimed the wing screws because mine were already starting to strip!
One of the reasons I got this plane is because it looked like the wings come off easily for storage, so far they come off but not easily.
Last edited by quickstop; Jun 27, 2019 at 04:40 PM.
Jun 26, 2019, 02:12 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork
After I crashed my FW Avanti last year I've been looking for a replacement. It's between this, another Avanti, and the new Havoc Xe. I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and the wing control connectors are the winning factor. Suppose they'll last, long term? If I plug/unplug often?
Crashed our Avanti S today. Need to decide between another Avanti or this. It sounds like quality might be a little better over on the Freewing? I really like the look of this Futura though.
Jun 26, 2019, 02:30 PM
Nick Radle
No, it's worse. Freewing quality is FAR superior. But this jet is faster.
Jun 26, 2019, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
The screws most definitely suck! My friend unfortunately crashed his FMS plane and I immediately swooped in and claimed the wing screws because mine were already starting to strip!
One of the reasons I got this plane is because it looked like the wings come off easily for storage, so far the come off but not easily.
The wing screws definitely suck .. FMS should have made the hex groove deeper or used Phillips screws like Freewing .. Regarding taking wings off .. Try taking off right side up.. May come off easier that way..
Jun 27, 2019, 03:58 PM
Quest for Speed!!!

Amps?

Has anyone measured the AMPS the new 2100 KV set up pulls on the stock 100 A esc .

I am trying to use this set up using a freewing 100 A esc , wondering if the ESC is enough to handle this hot motor .

is this motor set to low timing ? 4-6 degrees , since its a 4 pole?

MikeRC
Jun 27, 2019, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee
Has anyone measured the AMPS the new 2100 KV set up pulls on the stock 100 A esc .

I am trying to use this set up using a freewing 100 A esc , wondering if the ESC is enough to handle this hot motor .

is this motor set to low timing ? 4-6 degrees , since its a 4 pole?

MikeRC
I read that they come set to medium, I checked mine and indeed it was set to med. Changed it to low with my hobbywing programming card.
Jun 27, 2019, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
The wing screws definitely suck .. FMS should have made the hex groove deeper or used Phillips screws like Freewing .. Regarding taking wings off .. Try taking off right side up.. May come off easier that way..
I always takeoff right side up
Jun 27, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
I always takeoff right side up
I would hope so otherwise youíre in a whole lot of trouble..

Quick Reply