May 31, 2019, 03:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
Are you sure they're not softest steel
My stainless 45 auto sure does stick to a magnet
Don’t like the screws FMS used for the Wings .. They easily strip because there’s not much for the driver to hang onto or they don’t all fit properly onto a hex driver .. I replaced them with these screws.. At least the hex driver gets a good purchase on them & less likely to strip ..
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2019, 04:02 PM
So what size are they? I’ll have to see if I have any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Don’t like the screws FMS used for the Wings .. They easily strip because there’s not much for the driver to hang onto or they don’t all fit properly onto a hex driver .. I replaced them with these screws.. At least the hex driver gets a good purchase on them & less likely to strip ..
May 31, 2019, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane
So what size are they? Iíll have to see if I have any?
Size is M3
Jun 01, 2019, 10:07 AM
I think the main issue is the supplied screws don't have a deep enough pocket for the allen wrench to get any purchase and it slips and rounds out the screw.
Jun 01, 2019, 12:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
I think the main issue is the supplied screws don't have a deep enough pocket for the allen wrench to get any purchase and it slips and rounds out the screw.
Yes & also the hex shape isnít consistent where some are slightly larger & slips even new.. The screws I use have deeper pockets & havenít got that issue..
Jun 01, 2019, 03:32 PM

Aerobatics

Here is my flight today, 2nd day flying the V2 and getting more comfortable. Some knife edge, poptops, inverted etc with a wheelie landing.

FMS Futura V2 Aerobatics (3 min 51 sec)
Jun 01, 2019, 04:26 PM
Nice flight and excellent landing! So what did you set your flaps at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686
Here is my flight today, 2nd day flying the V2 and getting more comfortable. Some knife edge, poptops, inverted etc with a wheelie landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_TgtburTNo
Jun 01, 2019, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Nice flt Racer686..
Jun 01, 2019, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane
Nice flight and excellent landing! So what did you set your flaps at?
Thanks.
I fly with a Frsky Horus so I set a 3pt curve for flaps at -100, -36, and 0.
Jun 02, 2019, 06:11 PM
Wanted: More Time to Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_TgtburTNo
Nice flight sir! When I was test flying a V1 Futura for a friend I didn't dare try pop-topping it, but if he gets the new V2 soon I might ask him to give it a go. Looks like I'll need to add the Futura to the list for jets to get, though for this summer I pulled the trigger on the Havoc to do a shootout against my Avanti
Jun 02, 2019, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdogzrc
Nice flight sir! When I was test flying a V1 Futura for a friend I didn't dare try pop-topping it, but if he gets the new V2 soon I might ask him to give it a go. Looks like I'll need to add the Futura to the list for jets to get, though for this summer I pulled the trigger on the Havoc to do a shootout against my Avanti
Thanks. I pre-ordered the Havoc as well, so I am curious to see how it stacks up.
Jun 02, 2019, 06:31 PM
You are really making up for lost flying weather (with our delayed summer)!
I am jealous, not having time to head out much recently.
Jun 02, 2019, 07:20 PM
Flight was good and aggressive, then I botched the landing. They can't all be a Picasso

A new door and nose retract are on the way. The retract was having issues anyways so I would have replaced it sooner or later. So it's sooner!
No other damage, yay!

Futura V2 Aggressive Flight (4 min 52 sec)
Jun 02, 2019, 11:00 PM
Nick Radle
Well, maidened my V1. Fun jet, faster than the Avanti for sure, but it's no Avanti. Avanti is way more locked in and requires hardly any Rudd/ail mix,, way more predictable. Futura had serious tail wag in the wind and Rudd/ail coupling was pretty bad. It also doesn't roll axially. Needs differential, terribly. Gonna be hard to do unless you have an 8 channel rx. It also required a lot of ail trim to fly straight. Ater doing a serious eyeball trim of the ailerons and flaps, I still needed like 15 clicks of right aileron trim.
And the stab was not true to the wing.
I hope V2 has some significant improvements...
Jun 03, 2019, 01:23 AM
Thread OP
FMS Futura V2 maiden (3 min 45 sec)

Maidened my Futura V2 today & got 4 flts in ...Not enough flts to compare to my Avanti which I have had more than 500 flts so I will reserve judgement after a few more flts & feel more comfortable with it especially inverted flt & snap rolls...I can say it's noticably faster & better verticals than the Avant..Does a great locked straight KE....At 105mm CG I didn't have to trim elevator at all & maybe 4 clicks of aileron..I did notice some movement of servos in the pockets so I have Foamtaced them down to make sure that doesn't influence trimming..The quality of the Struts are definitely better than the Avantis & it shows in the Tracking ...The Futura tracks like it's on rails compared to the Avanti which tracks like it's had a few too many JD's.. I'm running a Lemon Stab & found the Futura flies so much more locked in than flying without..I flew one flt with Stab turned off & noticed the difference...The Colour scheme is great for Orientation even on Dark & Glary day like today..I'm running with lighter 4000mah Graphene batteries & like the response ...I will fly with 5000mah battery the next time I take the Futura for a Spin..Hopefully soon..
Last edited by HellHathNoFury; Jun 03, 2019 at 01:54 AM.

Quick Reply