Sep 12, 2019, 04:30 PM
Nick Radle
They will ask you to ship your unit to a location of their choosing and provide a tracking number. Once they get the tracking number from you they ship the PRO unit out pretty much that day. Takes about 7-10 days.
I'm sure if you were willing to pay, they would rush ship.
Last edited by Bodywerks; Sep 12, 2019 at 04:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2019, 11:00 AM
I emailed support 4 days ago about the swap and still haven't heard anything back.
Sep 13, 2019, 12:42 PM
Sent you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686
I emailed support 4 days ago about the swap and still haven't heard anything back.
Sep 13, 2019, 04:48 PM
Nick Radle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686
Unless fairplane gave you another solution, my suggestion is to send an email daily, although they responded within 24 hours of my email.
Sep 14, 2019, 02:51 PM
The 6 P principle works for me
Just back from 3 more flights (11, 12 & 13), got some more mixing to do however, flying and landing great!

My new Dinogy batteries are working great. With the 6S 4000 Graphene 2.0 - 2420 watts & 106amps which works out to a loaded voltage of 22.84V or 3.8V per cell.

No flap landings with the Ailerons popped up about 12 degrees in wind or zero wind are easy, no popping up off the runway when gust of wind hits! Very happy so far. The stock V2 setup is noisier than the stock V1 setup however, V2 is faster and has better vertical.

Michael
Sep 14, 2019, 08:54 PM
Did you get the upgraded edf- V2 pro?

QUOTE=elecfryer;42739561]Just back from 3 more flights (11, 12 & 13), got some more mixing to do however, flying and landing great!

My new Dinogy batteries are working great. With the 6S 4000 Graphene 2.0 - 2420 watts & 106amps which works out to a loaded voltage of 22.84V or 3.8V per cell.

No flap landings with the Ailerons popped up about 12 degrees in wind or zero wind are easy, no popping up off the runway when gust of wind hits! Very happy so far. The stock V2 setup is noisier than the stock V1 setup however, V2 is faster and has better vertical.

Michael[/QUOTE]
Sep 15, 2019, 12:24 AM
Nick Radle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecfryer
Just back from 3 more flights (11, 12 & 13), got some more mixing to do however, flying and landing great!

Michael
If your V2 fan is noisy, it's either rubbing on the shroud, out of balance, or both. They have a recall on the 'first' V2, and now have a V2 PRO EDF unit. They will send it to you for free once you ship yours back.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:28 PM
Hey kid: Pull My Finger

Futura vs Havoc

Hey guys, does anyone have hard numbers on the new futura, I hear alot of you staying that it is faster than the Havoc, I got my Havoc up to 142 (gps)with a big dive and a nice tail wind. I was thinking about ordering the V2 futura because it doesn't stall like my jet.
Stinky
Sep 21, 2019, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfartur
Hey guys, does anyone have hard numbers on the new futura, I hear alot of you staying that it is faster than the Havoc, I got my Havoc up to 142 (gps)with a big dive and a nice tail wind. I was thinking about ordering the V2 futura because it doesn't stall like my jet.
Stinky
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostid=42567671
Sep 21, 2019, 05:03 PM
Got my Futura mid week and maiden flight is successfully done. Using Turnigy HD 4000 I pulled a max of 114a in flight, have to say in a 80mm size plane power is not lacking and the pro fan was sweet sounding. I am 2600g rtf.

Was impressed with the kit it is one sturdy solid aircraft and the actual fit and finish is excellent, wing bolts were a pain to get in but a bit perseverance made for a solid fitting wing. Had to tweek the odd arm length to centre surfaces and surprisingly had to carve a tiny bit foam on canopy and fit a larger battery strap to use the above battery (690g) to achieve CG which was just made with battery as far forward as canopy allowed.

Bad points, well I found a aileron horn to ball link screw stripped, seem's this happened at factory and was ignored from whoever assembled it, a m2 threaded screw was substituted and tightened snug. No major drama.

I added a s8r gyro receiver and set the aileron push rods in one hole on servo arms and set three rates and went for it mid rates. Took what I though was a fair amount of aileron trim to get level and a little down, when on the ground though with fine trims and Frsky the trim actually applied was very little. Ailerons are extremely responsive, like the little yak 130 very little throw is required and min throws were used quickly, moving the push rod in a hole is a must as far as I am concerned. Flaps need som down elevator added, I had none but will add some. I expressed concern about the colour scheme on this plane when it first came out and have to say within the first 10 second of flight on a unusually blue sky day here I was commenting on the poor visibility of this scheme, it is pretty poor so keep it close.

It was very fast, it flew very slow, it never done anything that made me concerned, it landed without flaps on a no wind day on lush wet grass and the gear held fine.

More flights are needed for me to fully enjoy this plane but I am already sure this will be a winner for me, the wing loading of a 80mm plane and 114a on 6s to power it plus room to fit your gear makes the 80mm edf size the sweet spot as far as I am concerned.

Will see about adding my pitot tube to this plane, honestly straight and level if it does 120mph I will be impressed. I am not saying it's slow but 120mph is actually pretty fast for a edf foamie pnp.
Last edited by raydar; Sep 21, 2019 at 05:15 PM.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:18 PM
Got in one flight today however, it was exciting!

Nice takeoff, retract the gear and climb out. Then go to full power for some fun and the motor starts cutting out. Cycle the throttle stick a few times and no joy. By now, not so high or fast but managed to circle around, drop the gear just before landing and got lucky. Put the plane on the bench and the motor would run sporadically sounding like something was stuck inside. Pulled the rear cover off and motor and fan feel fine.

Got home pulled the motor out and one of the 4mm bullet connectors had unplugged it self and was arcing like crazy! The connectors were blackened and the female connector got hot enough to bend the last 1/8" or so. This may explain some of the things I was hearing (noticing?) when the jet was airborne during previous flights. Soldered on some new connectors and the ESC still works great, fan sounds great and so tomorrow morning we go at it again!

Chances are this was my fault as even though the connectors are taped together from the factory, I probably yanked too hard and separated one of the connectors and then did not do a proper check of everything before buttoning up the EDF unit. Lesson learned!

Michael
Last edited by elecfryer; Sep 22, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
Sep 22, 2019, 01:49 AM
Glad you got her back .

I usually look over things like motor connections etc on a PNP but have not on this due to the decals covering the hatch, hope mine is more secure. Really can't fault the manufacturing of this kit, the assembly at the factory seems to be where little issues arise. FMS is not alone in that issue.

I will add I extended the canopy latch slot for more latch extension and had to run a drill in to the actual canopy latch pocket to elongate it for a secure fitment, learnt my lesson about FMS poor canopy hatches from the A-10.
Sep 22, 2019, 02:36 PM
Nick Radle
Flew my Avanti v2 pro with GPS. Logged 113mph straight and level and 130 out of a dive. Not as fast as if like, but still a fun jet. Faster out of a dive with my havoc with same power unit but 1mph slower straight n level.
Sep 22, 2019, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Glad you got her back . .
Thank you Raydar!

So, just back from flights 15,16,17 today. Motor / Fan sound great, plenty fast for me (seems faster than V1), vertical is better than V1 and overall, just a blast to fly!

I have increased the aileron "pop up" for landing to 14 or 15 degrees. Aileron control still great at slower speeds, to go around just punch it and go! Landings just stick with the ailerons popped up 14 degrees or so and even 7 degrees helps with landings (I have it programmed on a 3 position switch).

With my lightest 6S battery (HobbyStar 3500) only 79 ounces RTF and a wing loading of 33.3 oz per sq/ft (my calculated wing area for the Futura is 341 square inches or 2.37 sq/ft). To me, it seems to fly lighter than the wing loading would suggest, perhaps the body is generating some lift as well. In my opinion, pulling out the connectors and distribution boards has helped by reducing the wing loading a little and with being able to use an eight channel receiver I now have separate channels for the ailerons and nose wheel steering (being able to change nose wheel center without effecting rudder center). Overall, very happy with the Futura V2!

Michael (If your not fryin, your not tryin!)
Sep 23, 2019, 06:34 AM
Serious tail wag and Rudd/ail coupling. Took a lot of left aileron trim just to get it to fly straight. anyone else have this?

Quick Reply