Oct 14, 2020, 06:31 PM
Thanks McD I think I will try a little more aft cg. Haven't been able to fly and the winds aren't going to cooperate for a bit.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2020, 06:18 PM

Wheel Size

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if someone can tell me, if the wheels/tires are the same size on the V2 as on the original FMS Futura?

Thanks
Oct 21, 2020, 07:18 PM
The 6 P principle works for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRlKER
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if someone can tell me, if the wheels/tires are the same size on the V2 as on the original FMS Futura?

Thanks
Yup, no difference!

Michael (if your not fryin, your not tryin!)
Oct 21, 2020, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecfryer
Yup, no difference!

Michael (if your not fryin, your not tryin!)
Ok. Thanks for the info 👍
Oct 21, 2020, 10:15 PM
You guys think I could run 7s on the stock setup with a bigger Esc maybe?
Oct 22, 2020, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwgraber
You guys think I could run 7s on the stock setup with a bigger Esc maybe?
Only one way to find out. Ali ran 8s on the Eflite F-16. All he did was change out the esc.

On The Fly: E-flite F-16 8s (7 min 19 sec)
Oct 22, 2020, 01:29 PM
What size ESC would you guys go with?

120?
Oct 25, 2020, 12:11 PM
I still have the v1 futura. I really have to say this plane is underrated. It flies great, has all the same features as it's competitors, like the avanti and havoc. It lands a lot easier than both of them and is cheaper.
Oct 25, 2020, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
I still have the v1 futura. I really have to say this plane is underrated. It flies great, has all the same features as it's competitors, like the avanti and havoc. It lands a lot easier than both of them and is cheaper.
Agree 😃
Wish could still get the V1 in Red. Still have mine (very first EDF) taken a few bumps and bruises while learning on my own, but still going strong 👍
Oct 31, 2020, 06:46 AM
We shall serve the Lord
RCGroups Review of the Futura V2 is now live.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...CGroups-Review

There are some nice assembly hints and setup tips.

McD

FMS Futura V2 from Horizon Hobby - RCGroups.com Review Video (6 min 26 sec)
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Nov 10, 2020, 05:54 AM
So I crashed my previous V2 due to not enough airspeed on final . Picked up new one yesterday, and this one came with a Reflex Gyro! Read earlier in this thread that the Reflex is bad news and should be removed. Wonder if FMS have improved it since? Anyone flying with the gyro? Thanks!
Nov 10, 2020, 12:08 PM

Reflex gyro

I fly the Reflex gyro in my Futura V2. I usually turn it off - then it doesn't do any damage.

In intermediate mode it stabilizes the bird, but i find that not necessary and have the feeling of an overstabized bird. But its flyable.

The beginners mode is no fun to fly. The bird is way too sluggish. On my first try I even panicked, because i had the feeling, i wouldn't be able to turn around at all.

Bottom line: the Reflex gyro is not needed in the Futura and I am just too lazy to take it out.

Dietrich
Nov 10, 2020, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi
I fly the Reflex gyro in my Futura V2. I usually turn it off - then it doesn't do any damage.

In intermediate mode it stabilizes the bird, but i find that not necessary and have the feeling of an overstabized bird. But its flyable.

The beginners mode is no fun to fly. The bird is way too sluggish. On my first try I even panicked, because i had the feeling, i wouldn't be able to turn around at all.

Bottom line: the Reflex gyro is not needed in the Futura and I am just too lazy to take it out.

Dietrich
The futura doesn't need retractable landing gear either but it flies better with it.
Nov 11, 2020, 09:53 AM
We shall serve the Lord
I fly mine with a Spektrum AR637T RX with three levels of stabilization. Level 1 is AS3X OFF and let’s me fly aerobatics. Level 2 is MILD AS3X for gusty and windy days. Level 3 is MODERATE AS3X for landings.

The Futura V2 doesn’t “need” stabilization, but it sure makes flying a lot more enjoyable and a lot less work.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Nov 11, 2020, 12:24 PM
Well, some like stabilized and some don't. On a windy day I would like some degree of stabilisation. Never used a gyro earlier, just too lazy to install, program, etc. This is a ready made setup, but afraid of reliability issues mentioned earlier here.

Quick Reply