Jun 05, 2019, 07:11 AM
Too late I think, 2s whoops are old news lol.
The video of it flying from drone camps looked ok but nothing amazing.
I prefere my diy 85mm build to all the 2s whoops I have bought and reviewed ...

I'm more excited about the sailfly and the similar thing from xt-xinte which I have coming in the post soon.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2019, 07:58 AM
Why are they putting a PH2.0 connector on a 2S battery? Like that is not going to be a bottleneck . I guess it is just to be able to switch to a 1S. But, they should have made this exclusively 2S, in my opinion.

From DroneCamps video, the big warning leaflet says to switch PID profiles when going from 1S to 2S. That is wise but, Betaflight 4.0 has the ability to automatically change the PIDs on detection of a different cell count of battery. Why didn't they do that if they were so worried about it?

I like the strengthened frame but, the camera popping out still seems to be a problem. The camera seems to be the same, which will put a few people off (I don't personally mind the cam on the OG Tinyhawk).

If they are still using the same iffy VTx, I'm out. I don't mind 25mW but, the original Tinyhawk VTx was weak (or possibly poorly tuned) for me, compared to other 25mW VTx. Maybe a higher voltage on 2S will allow the 5V line to be a bit more reliable and maybe that will help the VTx. But, the reception in DroneCamps video doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence (and, I am sure that he is using decent receiver modules).

They are using an SPI receiver this time (the original Tinyhawk had a built-in SBUS receiver). I hope it has better range than the Crazybee boards.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jun 05, 2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Jun 05, 2019, 08:03 AM
drone camp review:

EMAX TINYHAWK S 2S - OFFICIAL RELEASE - Full Review, Flights, & Betaflight Setup (57 min 4 sec)
Jun 05, 2019, 09:04 AM
Quote:
If they are still using the same iffy VTx, I'm out. I don't mind 25mW but, the original Tinyhawk VTx was weak (or possibly poorly tuned) for me, compared to other 25mW VTx. Maybe a higher voltage on 2S will allow the 5V line to be a bit more reliable and maybe that will help the VTx. But, the reception in DroneCamps video doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence (and, I am sure that he is using decent receiver modules).
Yep, same.
Jun 05, 2019, 09:13 AM
the improvements to the frame look nice but I wish they incorporated some sort of camera protection into it.
Jun 05, 2019, 09:13 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
D16 is nice, the first TinyHawk was D8 only, but same VTX which tends to have pretty weak signal for 25mW, and also some flicker, even at close range, as if it was cutting out for a brief moment every now and then, is a big missed opportunity.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 05, 2019, 09:31 AM
Same way to fix the VTX cutouts just like the tinyhawk 1s was with a new module for my goggles vid below.

Emax Tinyhawk FPV Video Feed Much Better (OwlRC Module) (2 min 9 sec)
Jun 05, 2019, 09:41 AM
Looks like something for the kids tbh.
Jun 05, 2019, 10:34 AM
It's literally the same as the original with 2s capability. How disappointing. If they have the same camera and vtx I am not buying this.
Jun 05, 2019, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Same way to fix the VTX cutouts just like the tinyhawk 1s was with a new module for my goggles vid below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RyCBvRyoMw

I wonder if fixing a problem with one quad's VTX with a new receiver is the right way to go. Isn't that curing the symptoms instead of the cause?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 05, 2019, 11:33 AM
It seems that Drone Camps RC has taken his video down... just fixing something or, did he 'jump the gun'?
Jun 05, 2019, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I wonder if fixing a problem with one quad's VTX with a new receiver is the right way to go. Isn't that curing the symptoms instead of the cause?

Emax should fix the problem!..............I got the module to review and it worked so i was lucky.
Jun 05, 2019, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
It seems that Drone Camps RC has taken his video down... just fixing something or, did he 'jump the gun'?

Maybe he will use a different set of goggles for a better video feed
Jun 05, 2019, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Probably jump the gun, at least I watched it.... I want one, but I'm clipping that garbage power lead, real men use xt-30 lol
Jun 05, 2019, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Emax should fix the problem!..............I got the module to review and it worked so i was lucky.

That was a fortunate coincidence then. Hopefully Emax will fix this someday, or start bundling free upgrade receivers with the TinyHawk 2S.

Oddly enough, the video on the BabyHawk-R series is really good, and that VTX is not that much bigger than the TinyHawk VTX.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jun 05, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply