Dec 21, 2019, 07:31 PM
Launch the drones ...
Just sayin ... flew 3 flights today, after a week hiatus. And thereís nothing I donít like, about the THS. Itís my fifth whoop. And the only whoop I fly anymore. On BF4.0.0, using the appropriate 1s or 2s protocol, it is just so steady. So easy. Very nice.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2019, 09:01 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
Just sayin ... flew 3 flights today, after a week hiatus. And thereís nothing I donít like, about the THS. Itís my fifth whoop. And the only whoop I fly anymore. On BF4.0.0, using the appropriate 1s or 2s protocol, it is just so steady. So easy. Very nice.
I agree of the 3 I have currently the THS flies better and is more fun to fly than the others. I'm getting a Mobula7 but I dought that it's going to fly better than the THS. I only fly mine on 520 mah 1s batteries. Tried the 2s that came with it but didn't like it as well as the 1s just flies better. Mine is reserved for inside use only.
Dec 21, 2019, 09:06 PM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I agree of the 3 I have currently the THS flies better and is more fun to fly than the others. I'm getting a Mobula7 but I dought that it's going to fly better than the THS. I only fly mine on 520 mah 1s batteries. Tried the 2s that came with it but didn't like it as well as the 1s just flies better. Mine is reserved for inside use only.
I had one of the early MOB7s - never flew right for me.

I actually have 2 THS craft. One is setup with the 1s profiles, and the other with the 2s profiles - so I don't have to remember to edit that before I fly. They behave almost the same. I think the 1s might be a bit steadier - but not positive.

You an old timer too? I'm almost a Gramps70.
Last edited by Tim Green; Dec 21, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
Jan 07, 2020, 01:26 AM
So runcam has now the runcam nano 3.

Anyone able to use this on the tiny hawk s? Will it fit?

I know there is the tiny hawk 2 with the runcam 2 but that thing seems like a boat. I ordered the new camera (it’s in mobula6) so I’ll post back here if I can get it to fit. Great quality cam and much lighter than the runcam nano 2
Jan 31, 2020, 06:30 AM
Big problem with my tinyhawk s its been going good since setup with my Frsky LiteS ,Big shout out to all the help on this forum But went to fly today throttled up liftoff geeeez prop flew off noworries put a new prop on hook it up,
NOTHING no lights no sounds nothing, batteryís good , power to the boards good, did feel hot close to the USB connection point, With power to the board pressing the bind button the blue led flashes 4 times then the green led flashes 4 times, ?Also wil not connect to Betaflight any ideas or is my flightboard stuffed. Best regards all. Jgiveup
Jan 31, 2020, 12:02 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiveup
Big problem with my tinyhawk s its been going good since setup with my Frsky LiteS ,Big shout out to all the help on this forum But went to fly today throttled up liftoff geeeez prop flew off noworries put a new prop on hook it up,
NOTHING no lights no sounds nothing, batteryís good , power to the boards good, did feel hot close to the USB connection point, With power to the board pressing the bind button the blue led flashes 4 times then the green led flashes 4 times, ?Also wil not connect to Betaflight any ideas or is my flightboard stuffed. Best regards all. Jgiveup
Check your USB connector real close it sounds to me like it is shorting out against something.
Jan 31, 2020, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Check your USB connector real close it sounds to me like it is shorting out against something.
Gramps50 Thanks for your quick reply took some photos and enlarged them
looked real hard to find anything around the usb but all seems fine there, but did stumble on what probably is the problem a tiny 3way connecter at the back of the boot button was just hanging on, course when I give it a nudge it fell off, its so small not sure if my soldering skills are that good but reckon the boards stuffed without it so might have to give it a go.
Thanks again for your response appreciate any help regards jgiveup

Just a quick note put you on a bum steer with the flashing led lights I wasn’t pressing the bind button I was pressing the VTX Button
Sorry about that .
Last edited by jgiveup; Jan 31, 2020 at 10:57 PM.
Apr 05, 2020, 10:23 AM
Having similar issue to the first poster:
Quad: Tinyhawk Freestyle
Goggles: FatShark Scout

Video breaks up the second I get further away from quad and dies when it goes around a corner indoors.

I have tried several channels (even channels that work fine for my beebrain).

Powered with both 1S and 2S

Vtx_power is set to 0, but the vtx on the tinyhawk is a 25mW anyways, do I need to change vtx_power to 1?

Will simply getting new higher power vtx get rid of problem?
Apr 06, 2020, 09:04 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
I think 0 is pit mode, set it to 1
Apr 06, 2020, 10:26 AM
Tried setting vtx_power to 1, unfortunately the same issue, video breaks up after stepping a few feet away.
Oct 28, 2020, 03:37 PM
I‘m struggling with telemetry data of my Tinyhawk S. I‘m using a Taranis Q X7S in D8 mode and I‘m receiving telemetry data, e. g. voltage as A1 and A2 and VFAS. But I thought that telemetry just works in D16 mode?! Isn‘t that the case?
Oct 28, 2020, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pDR8iLQ4go
I‘m struggling with telemetry data of my Tinyhawk S. I‘m using a Taranis Q X7S in D8 mode and I‘m receiving telemetry data, e. g. voltage as A1 and A2 and VFAS. But I thought that telemetry just works in D16 mode?! Isn‘t that the case?
No, with SPI based receivers, you get basic telemetry (the sensors that you mentioned plus, you should also get RSSI) in D8 mode. Telemetry doesn't even have to be turned on in the Betaflight Configuration tab, it just works.

In D16 mode, you get full telemetry - with more sensors and the ability to adjust PIDs, etc using the Betaflight LUA script - running on you radio. Although, D16 generally doesn't work very well on the Tinyhawks (frequent dropouts/lockups).
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Oct 28, 2020 at 05:06 PM.
Oct 29, 2020, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I did not know that there are basic telemetry data. I have another problem with the LiHV 1S voltage information. The values of the OSD, the A1-value and the VFAS-value are slightly different.
Oct 29, 2020, 08:23 AM
would anyone have a dump done right for betaflight 4.2 for both 1s and 2s to share?
Last edited by Alexdibi; Oct 29, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
Oct 29, 2020, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pDR8iLQ4go
Thanks for the quick reply. I did not know that there are basic telemetry data. I have another problem with the LiHV 1S voltage information. The values of the OSD, the A1-value and the VFAS-value are slightly different.
I'm not sure why that is. You can try calibrating your voltage sensor but, I don't know if that will fix it.

Quick Reply