Dec 05, 2019, 03:24 PM
Yes. Take it off! I did and I have not looked back.

Oups seems like I'm in the 2S thread. Sorry for this.
Last edited by flightmode0; Dec 05, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2019, 09:57 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
I see Gramps. I do want to thank you again for the new BT 2.0 connectors report. Actually they would be great on my URUAV UR65. Since you have a US65 and it is basically the same thing I lost a motor wire and one motor was dead. It couldn't be repaired so I searched for motor upgrades. Long story short on RCgroups I found a motor that was an upgrade. I didn't need ballistic power ,ideally I wanted a little more power and longer flight times. I bought Happymodel 0802 19,000 kv motors and use Gemfan 3 blade props. I now get close to 4 minutes of good power[gnb 300mah] compared to 2 1/2 to 3 minutes before and my solid pin jst 2.0 is just fine. As proof to myself the amp draw went down at hover about .75 of an amp at hover . Before with the stock motors [0602 17,000kv] it was around 4.8 to 4.9 light flying and over 5 when mildly loaded. Now it is 4.3 or less hovering dipping down to 3.8 or nine lightly loaded so that confirmed my longer flights and higher efficiency .
That's what I have on my US65 is HM 802/19000kv tried the 16000kv but didn't like them not enough power but at that time I was mainly flying mine outside. I have 3 blade on mine & getting around 3.5 minutes. Maybe I'll try the 3 blades again now that I have it tuned the way I like it. My HM FC died so I put a Betafpv F4 FC in it. Running BF 4.1.1 & tried the rpm filter and didn't care for it. Might have been that I didn't get it setup correctly. Need to try it again but I like the way it flies so I hate to mess with it.
Dec 06, 2019, 01:12 PM
Well you are way ahead of me Gramps!! Have you tried the Gemfan 31mm 3 blade props? I really like them alot with these motors.
Back to thoughts on the Tinyhawk S , Over time I had to up motor idle throttle up from the stock 3 value to eventually 7 to make sure all motors were spinning when arming. Now that I have soldered the wires I am back to 3. Also a question what is the magic number to make the amp meter correct? It is reading 28 amps at hover lol.
Dec 06, 2019, 11:24 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
I just put some 3 blade Gemfans on mine tonight Turboomni, I like the way it flies better.

I have 1 motor on my Tinyhawk S that doesn’t always want to start but it only seems to happen when it warm. I thought about increasing the idle a bit to see if that would help.
Dec 08, 2019, 11:58 PM
Well Gramps I always had one motor that wasn't willing to start up some times and would once in a while give up in flight. Dioxit would fix it for a time and the higher idle throttle when arming. Soldered motor wires fixed it completely. Yes I like the Gemfan 3 blades alot with these motors.
Dec 09, 2019, 10:34 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
I've never had my Tinyhawk S apart so I wouldn't think the plugs would be worn out but I will keep you advise in mind if my motor keeps acting up.
Dec 16, 2019, 04:35 PM

Tinyhawk S problem

I have a 3 month old Tinyhawk S that has developed a problem. When I arm the quad only 3 of the motors start up idling and the 4 th rotates slowly for about 5 seconds and stops. If I repeat the arming and disarming I usually get the same thing but very occasionally the 4th motor idles properly and the quad can take off and fly normally. I fly on a 1s lipo. Can anyone advise me as to what might be be wrong and what can I do to fix it.
Dec 16, 2019, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernz2
I have a 3 month old Tinyhawk S that has developed a problem. When I arm the quad only 3 of the motors start up idling and the 4 th rotates slowly for about 5 seconds and stops. If I repeat the arming and disarming I usually get the same thing but very occasionally the 4th motor idles properly and the quad can take off and fly normally. I fly on a 1s lipo. Can anyone advise me as to what might be be wrong and what can I do to fix it.
Likely caused by electrical resistance building up in the electronics and connectors. Try raising the Motor Idle Throttle Value [percent], in the Configuration tab.
Dec 16, 2019, 06:39 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Soldering motors wires directly will eliminate any corrosive creep.

Cobwebs and or hair could also be the culprit.
Dec 16, 2019, 09:04 PM
A temporary fix is to pull each motor plug and hit each side with Dioxit or other electronics cleaner. Also as stated to up the throttle value. Mine was up to 7 I think as the cleaner was having less and less effect after awhile. One plug especially was just giving up. Soldering the motor wires solved everything and my throttle value is back down to the stock 3.
Dec 18, 2019, 07:41 PM
Hi, I really like it but the cam is not very good because it handles the light changes badly. I'd like to change it but alternatives like Runcam nano are too heavy

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
Dec 18, 2019, 10:37 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
If the new Runcam that is on the Mobula6 became available that might be a good option.
Dec 19, 2019, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
A temporary fix is to pull each motor plug and hit each side with Dioxit or other electronics cleaner. Also as stated to up the throttle value. Mine was up to 7 I think as the cleaner was having less and less effect after awhile. One plug especially was just giving up. Soldering the motor wires solved everything and my throttle value is back down to the stock 3.
I unplugged the offending motor, gently scraped the pins with a scalpel and refitted it firmly. This seems to to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I tried to increase the idle percentage using Smart Audio but I couldn't find this parameter in the list so I need to learn how to use Betaflight configurator.
Dec 19, 2019, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
If the new Runcam that is on the Mobula6 became available that might be a good option.
Runcam nano 3

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
Dec 19, 2019, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernz2
I unplugged the offending motor, gently scraped the pins with a scalpel and refitted it firmly. This seems to to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I tried to increase the idle percentage using Smart Audio but I couldn't find this parameter in the list so I need to learn how to use Betaflight configurator.
If your experience is like mine in time it will rear its ugly head again and possibly on another motor also. I find the rear motors tend to have this problem more than the fronts. The rear motors always seem warmer than the fronts so I assume they work harder and draw more current. I think these motor connectors are over burdened and being asked to do more than designed for for any length of time. Same connectors are on my URUAV UR65 and I have never had a problem and have owned it three times longer.

Quick Reply