Nov 24, 2019, 01:42 PM
How you liking your Jumper T16 Pro??
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2019, 05:55 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
How you liking your Jumper T16 Pro??
I have no complaints about it at all does everything I need it to do. It feels better in the hands than my X9D Plus & I didn't like the direction Frsky was going. The big color screen is really nice. I put a nightly of OpenTX on it & flashed the MPM so now it has a bootloader. The big plus is that now I'm not stuck to Frsky receivers I can bind almost anything including some of my old toy quads if I wanted to.
Nov 24, 2019, 06:07 PM
Good to hear Gramps, I too am rather annoyed with Frsky and only have the QX7 at the moment. Was thinking about the 10x at one point but the Jumper hit's the nail on the head with all the different protocols,,never mind the nice screen and price.
Any word yet on your new connectors???
Nov 25, 2019, 11:13 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
Good to hear Gramps, I too am rather annoyed with Frsky and only have the QX7 at the moment. Was thinking about the 10x at one point but the Jumper hit's the nail on the head with all the different protocols,,never mind the nice screen and price.
Any word yet on your new connectors???
Yea I'm liking mine, had to do an update to the MPM & switch to OT nightlies but that wasn't a big deal. I understand that the newer ones are coming with the bootloader installed, with a version of Opentx instead of JumperTX. They can be hard to get at times but there are several US dealers handling them.

Still waiting on the connectors, should be here before I have another birthday.
Nov 25, 2019, 08:16 PM
CRH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
tuned the frequency on the MPM I don't get the warnings anymore.
Oh, interesting. Can you elaborate on this, or point me in the right direction?

I'm also using a Jumper T16 Pro. I pulled the antenna outside of the canopy, and then not long afterwards, started getting the RSSI warnings. It might have been a clipped antenna, or damage caused during other operations, or any number of things honestly. I've tried tuning the antenna length, to no avail.

Edit: Aha, I found a video. I performed the fine tune, and ended up with a value of -16. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have helped. What's interesting is, I've got my warnings down to the lowest values possible (15 warning, 12 critical), and I can place my quad in the next room in a "dead zone". But, I'm still able to arm it and spin up the props. So, I guess there's still enough signal. Perhaps it's the brick wall, I just could have sworn I didn't get these warning when I first started flying it. I'm tempted to turn off the warnings all-together, but that seems ill advised.

Edit2: Very strange. I did another experiment, checking the RSSI in my goggles in the dead zone. It's floating at around 40-50. The "telemetry lost" warning seem to fire when RSSI drops below 50. So, perhaps my RX reception isn't as bad as I thought, and I just have a transmitter warning issue.
Last edited by seeahr8ch; Nov 25, 2019 at 08:42 PM.
Nov 26, 2019, 12:14 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeahr8ch
Oh, interesting. Can you elaborate on this, or point me in the right direction?

I'm also using a Jumper T16 Pro. I pulled the antenna outside of the canopy, and then not long afterwards, started getting the RSSI warnings. It might have been a clipped antenna, or damage caused during other operations, or any number of things honestly. I've tried tuning the antenna length, to no avail.

Edit: Aha, I found a video. I performed the fine tune, and ended up with a value of -16. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have helped. What's interesting is, I've got my warnings down to the lowest values possible (15 warning, 12 critical), and I can place my quad in the next room in a "dead zone". But, I'm still able to arm it and spin up the props. So, I guess there's still enough signal. Perhaps it's the brick wall, I just could have sworn I didn't get these warning when I first started flying it. I'm tempted to turn off the warnings all-together, but that seems ill advised.

Edit2: Very strange. I did another experiment, checking the RSSI in my goggles in the dead zone. It's floating at around 40-50. The "telemetry lost" warning seem to fire when RSSI drops below 50. So, perhaps my RX reception isn't as bad as I thought, and I just have a transmitter warning issue.
I was getting the telemetry lost/telemetry found on my Shutterbug85 build, with a Betafpv 2-3s Fc, the odd thing was during this I never lost control just got the warning, this was with my x9d* Finally got tired of it & replaced it with the same board without a tx. Ended up putting the 1st board in my US65 & did not get the warnings any more, had switched to the jumper T16 by this point.

Want to say it was an Opentx issue that has been fixed. You running Jumpertx on you T16 or opentx? Iím running the nightly n49 I think. I have also updated the internal module to 1.12.85 (the first numbers might not be right but the last one is 85)

Drove me nuts with the radio saying that all the time.
Nov 26, 2019, 08:06 AM
CRH
Quote:
You running Jumpertx on you T16 or opentx?
I'm running JumperTx. I'm trying not to change too many things at once. I can only deal with so many issues at the same time.

Last night I discovered that the external RF was enabled in my model parameters. (I have the T16 Pro, with the internal RF, and I don't have an external module.) I turned off the external RF, and *tada*, no more telemetry warnings. I also lost all bars in the top status bar. But then, I also don't get a warning when I disconnect the battery from the TH. When I run through the steps of fine tuning the RF, if *does* give a telemetry warning on the low and high ends.
I'm baffled. Why (and how?) is it relying on a non-existent external RF to determine telemetry, and why is it triggering at a signal strength of 50, when I've set it much lower on the telemetry screen?

Anyway, I think I've determined it's not a Tinyhawk issue, and so I'm veering away from the subject of this thread. My apologies.
Last edited by seeahr8ch; Nov 26, 2019 at 07:05 PM.
Nov 28, 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcarlson777
When somebody puts the BetaFPV BT2.0 connector on their TinyHawk, please post up your results.
I have about 12 pairs of bt2.0 connectors but haven't had time to test batteries out on tinyhawk. Will try in the next couple days.
Dec 02, 2019, 09:47 PM
So I picked this up a couple weeks ago and i'm learning to fly FPV. So far I've knocked the camera loose, quite easily, and I just noticed that one of the 4 screws on the bottom is missing. Does anyone know what size screws those are?
Dec 03, 2019, 01:08 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
If you have a 3D printer look on Thingeverse there is a nice little holder for the camera that works well. Says it for the Tinyhawk but also works on the S

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3400051
Last edited by Gramps50; Dec 03, 2019 at 10:46 AM.
Dec 03, 2019, 05:00 AM
You can also use a drop of hot glue on either side of the lens to hold it in place. The bag with the screwdriver has extra screws.
Dec 03, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugonl30
It works fine out of the box for indoor flying in-house or in the office. If your walls are too thick (european style) you might have some trouble with penetration, the vtx is very week, but typical american homes work great

The camera is fine, the fov is great, only dynamic range is not too spectacular, but very fine for uniformly lit indoors.

Power is great on 1S indoors, the tune is spot on.

Outdoors in my opinion this quad doesnít make any sense, skip it and go for toothpicks etc (but you already have that).

The only thing needed to change long term for indoor flying is to direct solder the motor wires, the connectors may start to introduce resistance and youíll notice severe voltage sag. Also the PH2.0 connector may develop resistance, swapping it to a solid pin can solve this.

The camera can very easily pop out of its mounting slots. There is a very good 3D file that you can print that slides onto the lens, it will never pop out again:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3400051

Otherwise, a very fine little machine. But if I had to get an indoor whoop right now, Iíd get something like the Beta85 Pro 2 and fly it with a throttle scale. Since I already have plenty 2S XT30ís lying around, the camera is better, the vtx is better, pretty much everything solved what is wrong with the TH.
How do you direct solder the motor wires? Do you need to remove the connectors? Do you know if there is any guide for that? I'd be interested in trying it
Dec 03, 2019, 07:48 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Decided to put the BT2.0 connectors on my Tinyhawk S here is a test that I ran, to try and make it even I hovered for the entire battery. I'm sure the results would be different in real world flying. For the PH2.0 the THS had the original connector, except I had taken it apart and flowed solder down the valley of the rolled pin PH2.0 making it a solid pin connector, which showed very little sag flying in my small basement which is where I normally fly my THS it doesn't go outside.

TinyHawk S - BT2.0 vs PH2.0 (4 min 41 sec)
Dec 03, 2019, 08:12 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Decided to put the BT2.0 connectors on my Tinyhawk S here is a test that I ran, to try and make it even I hovered for the entire battery. I'm sure the results would be different in real world flying. For the PH2.0 the THS had the original connector, except I had taken it apart and flowed solder down the valley of the rolled pin PH2.0 making it a solid pin connector, which showed very little sag flying in my small basement which is where I normally fly my THS it doesn't go outside.

https://youtu.be/wB_WWF5jdQc
yep.
your quad is using the same power to hover regardless of connector used. - so similar flight times.
BT2.0 will let more power get to motors if you fly it fast (racing), and of course wont fly as long cause it can suck more amps faster.

Im curious to see what BT2.0 does on really light, efficient 2s builds where xt30 is overkill.
Dec 03, 2019, 09:55 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
yep.
your quad is using the same power to hover regardless of connector used. - so similar flight times.
BT2.0 will let more power get to motors if you fly it fast (racing), and of course wont fly as long cause it can suck more amps faster.

Im curious to see what BT2.0 does on really light, efficient 2s builds where xt30 is overkill.
As you can see I don't really have much room to fly so I just cruise around going through gaps and gates. I figured that hovering would at least make a level playing field. I'm sure the results would be different in a racing or freestyle environment. I think it's going to take a while for the verdict to come in on the BT2.0 connectors. I'm liking them right now but don't want to change connectors every time I buy a battery. Only time will tell if they take off or not.

I've got a Mobula7 v2 with a F4 on the way that I will fly inside on 1s & outside on 2s so it might be a good candidate for the BT2.0

Quick Reply