Nov 13, 2019, 10:20 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
I know, it works pretty well right?
I suggested that a month or so ago to someone on RCG complaining about sag and got nothing but crickets and blank stares.
I got the idea from someone on RGG, it works pretty well. That's what I did to my Tinyhawk S & it's workign good. Looks like the stuff coming out with PH2.0's no are solid pins from the looks of the connectors.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2019, 10:37 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I got the idea from someone on RGG, it works pretty well. That's what I did to my Tinyhawk S & it's workign good. Looks like the stuff coming out with PH2.0's no are solid pins from the looks of the connectors.
thats why ive been asking for a XT-15 or XT-10 for over 2 years.
well its finally here. lets hope the BT2.0 connector is the answer. time will tell.
Nov 14, 2019, 12:20 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
thats why ive been asking for a XT-15 or XT-10 for over 2 years.
well its finally here. lets hope the BT2.0 connector is the answer. time will tell.
Did you see Nick Burns review of the Meteor? They sure look like a good thing.
Nov 14, 2019, 07:21 PM
Has any body put 4.1 with the rpm filter on the tinyhawk s ....if so can i have the cli dump ..i got mine flashed but having trouble with binding
Nov 14, 2019, 11:22 PM
Why did you feel the need to do that? Not happy with some aspect of the little critter??
Last edited by TURBOOMNI; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: I suck
Nov 16, 2019, 02:11 PM
I am having some pretty bad VTX range and quality. I am new to I may have made a newb mistake. I am using the quad with some FatShark Scouts, which are my first goggles. I checked and both the quad and goggles are set to Band 4 Channel 1, which happened to be the default. In my house, in the same room even I get lots of breakup and static. If I try and turn into another room it is gone. Heck, if I even turn around away from the quad with it sitting next to me I start ot get breakup. Any tips or ideas?
Nov 16, 2019, 02:31 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve
I am having some pretty bad VTX range and quality. I am new to I may have made a newb mistake. I am using the quad with some FatShark Scouts, which are my first goggles. I checked and both the quad and goggles are set to Band 4 Channel 1, which happened to be the default. In my house, in the same room even I get lots of breakup and static. If I try and turn into another room it is gone. Heck, if I even turn around away from the quad with it sitting next to me I start ot get breakup. Any tips or ideas?
I fly mine all over my house with FS Attitude V5's including up & down stairs. Both my antennas are still under the canopy. The 1st thing I would do is try a different channel & band. I use Raceband (band 5) myself.

Just guessing here but it could be your wifi router causing interference, some have both 2.4 & 5.8 gHz.
Nov 16, 2019, 03:04 PM
Hmm maybe on the router. I have swapped channels and have not found one that is that much better. I run an Orbi mesh setup that tx on both 2.4 and 5.8. On the OSB when I disarm I get a RSSI readout that shows the lowest. Even right in front of the goggles, the RSSI is at best low 90's. Is RSSI the VTX quality and is that normal?
Nov 16, 2019, 03:16 PM
Ok, switched to Raceband channel 1 and I was able to clearly fly up the stairs and around corners. Worked great! Thank you.
Nov 16, 2019, 09:04 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Hmm maybe on the router. I have swapped channels and have not found one that is that much better. I run an Orbi mesh setup that tx on both 2.4 and 5.8. On the OSB when I disarm I get a RSSI readout that shows the lowest. Even right in front of the goggles, the RSSI is at best low 90's. Is RSSI the VTX quality and is that normal?
RSSI is the rx to tx power not the vtx power. 90% is good. It can be lower when the rx & tx are real close as the rx can swamp the tx

Quote:
Ok, switched to Raceband channel 1 and I was able to clearly fly up the stairs and around corners. Worked great! Thank you.
Goos deal, glad it worked for you. My THS is my favorite inside whoop
Nov 17, 2019, 10:42 AM
Tom C
When somebody puts the BetaFPV BT2.0 connector on their TinyHawk, please post up your results.
Nov 22, 2019, 10:26 PM
Any PIDs suggestions for betaflight 4.1?
Nov 23, 2019, 10:39 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Might work on the THS, I would think that you can use the settings without using the modified BF firmware

Betaflight F3 Board Performance Edition | w RPM Filter!! (11 min 54 sec)
Nov 24, 2019, 09:32 AM
CRH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Anyone experiencing RXLOSS on their THS?
<snip>
It is bound D16/8 channels, wonder if it's the famous D16 dropput. Going to try D8 and see if it persist.
Did you make any headway with this? Were you able to get D16 working, or are you sticking to D8?

I'm having problems with RSSI dips in D8, while well within expected range of the RX. It doesn't go into failsafe, but my transmitter keeps alerting me. I'm considering just turning off the alerts. With D18, I get random failsafes and the craft drops out of the sky momentarily and then recovers. Turning off telemetry did not help.
Nov 24, 2019, 11:30 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeahr8ch
Did you make any headway with this? Were you able to get D16 working, or are you sticking to D8?

I'm having problems with RSSI dips in D8, while well within expected range of the RX. It doesn't go into failsafe, but my transmitter keeps alerting me. I'm considering just turning off the alerts. With D18, I get random failsafes and the craft drops out of the sky momentarily and then recovers. Turning off telemetry did not help.
I switched to the D8 mode & now that I'm using the Jumper T16 Pro & tuned the frequency on the MPM I don't get the warnings anymore. I only fly mine in the house but both up & downstairs. I still have the antenna under the canopy have you tried putting it on the outside?

Quick Reply