Sep 16, 2019, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle
No reception issues here

https://youtu.be/Gybo0TtB2G0
Sweet flying!

The minute I saw this, it reminded me of a Westfield shopping center in Sydney - then I see you live in the 'gong! LOL

I lived in Oz for nearly 4 years on a job, and miss it! My daughter met her husband at uni in Wollongong and we all live in the US now. Good memories.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
That DVR footage is way better than I get with my Fatsharks
FYI: Fatshark HDO with Rapidfire module and the DVR firmware upgraded (no more black flashes when reception is dodgy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc_steve
Sweet flying!

The minute I saw this, it reminded me of a Westfield shopping center in Sydney - then I see you live in the 'gong! LOL

I lived in Oz for nearly 4 years on a job, and miss it! My daughter met her husband at uni in Wollongong and we all live in the US now. Good memories.
Greetings from the 'gong!
Sep 17, 2019, 09:40 PM
I have replaced the jst 2.0 stock connector with a solid 2 pin but was wondering if there is any advantage to running the XT30 on 1S over either.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
I have replaced the jst 2.0 stock connector with a solid 2 pin but was wondering if there is any advantage to running the XT30 on 1S over either.
I donít think so. Not enough current on 1S to warrant an XT30 connector. You would just be adding unnecessary weight, IMO.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:35 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle
I donít think so. Not enough current on 1S to warrant an XT30 connector. You would just be adding unnecessary weight, IMO.
I agree XT30 is over kill and just added weight. I took my pins out and filled them with solider seems to work as well as solid pin.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:55 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. That's what I figured for 1s. On 2s I would think it's a good idea.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:57 AM
Still am having a ball with this thing though. I really appreciate the run times compared to my UR65.
Sep 28, 2019, 06:18 PM
Anyone seen this issue? Brand new TinyHawk S just randomly drops out of the air. Does same with 1s and 2s. Fresh battery or not. Turned off failsafe just as a test. Same thing and no rssi warnings etc.

TinyHawk issue (0 min 4 sec)
Sep 28, 2019, 07:26 PM
DVR from the quad when it happens might be useful.
What was the battery voltage when it happened?
Sep 28, 2019, 07:28 PM
Nothing indicated on the osd and it happens with a full battery or half charge etc.
Sep 28, 2019, 07:31 PM
Darn. My Tinyhawk (origianal v1 on 1s) would do that when the battery dropped below 3.4v

If you're confident its not the battery, I would carefully check the battery connector and solder joints. Can't think of anything else offhand?
Sep 28, 2019, 07:32 PM
Yeah, does it on 1 or 2s, full or not full batt. and doesnt lose connection etc.
Sep 28, 2019, 07:36 PM
Motors soldered on or plugged in? I would check every connector and solder joint very carefully. Its probably something simple. If not then a bad FC or motor......
Sep 28, 2019, 07:36 PM
Problems like that are just so frustrating
Sep 28, 2019, 07:41 PM
all motors cut at the same timer and immediately power back on. It is actually a friends of mine just getting into quad/fpv. He just bought it. Not a good start for sure. I think it is a bad unit. He got it from race day quads. Prob ask for an RMA monday.

Quick Reply