Jun 18, 2019, 01:04 PM

Out of stock

Darn I wanted to buy one and now it's out of stock. Hobbyking has global as back ordered No ETA At This Time and USA as out of stock also No ETA At This Time. Just my luck when ever I see something I want it's out of stock or discontinued.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2019, 01:19 PM
JohnVHRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKV1145
Wee bit of illumination at midnight!
Beat me to it! Ive had a couple other projects get in the way, I do plan to do that to mine yet!
Latest blog entry: Avios Mig-17 Fresco!
Jun 18, 2019, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy4471
What did you use for lighting??
Red and Green 12V LED light strips on a separate battery. There are better and tidier ways to do it but it's what I had on hand.
Works really well, I'll post a video if it's of interest.
Jun 18, 2019, 06:22 PM
R/C Air Adventures
Not very good pics, but a multi color strip with remote to change color, flash, etc (walmart lights for TV - 5V). and 3 big white clusters looking at the wing. All run from the primary battery via the balance connector.
Jun 18, 2019, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmason42
Not very good pics, but a multi color strip with remote to change color, flash, etc (walmart lights for TV - 5V). and 3 big white clusters looking at the wing. All run from the primary battery via the balance connector.
Wow- thatís fantastic!!!

I added a blue led ring bling around the prop guard- but its destroyed from my learning bumps.
Your mod is inspirational !
Jun 18, 2019, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmason42
Nice!! Looks sweet. Have you got a link for your kit?? And did you wire into your rx??
Jun 18, 2019, 09:40 PM
Lookin' up at the centerline
Hi.
Got a couple of failed launches. first at normal speed then slowmo.
These were my first two attempts to fly.
The wind was 3 - 5 mph.
First launch went back over my head and just as I was starting to feed in a little right aileron, she snapped into the ground to the left.

any comments from the pros of this forum would be appreciated.
I assumed she's in proper trim from the way she pulled straight overhead at launch.

Whattaya think?

Nick
Paramotor launch fails (3 min 5 sec)
Jun 18, 2019, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSloper
I had several bad launches which kinda did in the stock prop guard so I went with the Opale anti torque ring. I also replaced a couple of lines on the left #3&2 B&C lines. Hopefully, I got the lengths right. :/
Regarding line lengths, did you see this post?
Jun 18, 2019, 10:08 PM
R/C Air Adventures
Taildragger - that looks like you were using an awful lot of throttle. At full throttle, the cart will try to do a loop over the wing. Under normal conditions you should never need more than half throttle. The inflation looks good, and as long as your weight is in the 1700-1800g range, I think too much gas might be the issue.

Good luck!
Jun 18, 2019, 10:10 PM
R/C Air Adventures
@TailDragger - have you checked the brake lines? Those tips collapsing looks like there might not be quite enough brake pressure - plus the inflation is a little fast. Also remember, fast throttle changes will cause the cart to twist in the lines due to the p-factor. The key is smooth throttle changes.
Jun 18, 2019, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taildragger1589
Hi.
Got a couple of failed launches. first at normal speed then slowmo.
These were my first two attempts to fly.
The wind was 3 - 5 mph.
First launch went back over my head and just as I was starting to feed in a little right aileron, she snapped into the ground to the left.

any comments from the pros of this forum would be appreciated.
I assumed she's in proper trim from the way she pulled straight overhead at launch.

Whattaya think?

Nick
https://youtu.be/dUffL6M87cM
I definitely don't fit the definition of pro as I just got mine in the air for the first times yesterday and today and have doinked a couple launches along the way. I've been modeling my efforts on James's RC Air Adventure's videos as well as watching the others that have been posted. My un-professional opinion is that on the first one you actually launched pretty well but had so much throttle going you did a loop and it came out of that the first time still flying but then the wing collapsed on the second loop. Watching the various videos of launches I hear people feed in a burst of throttle as they let go to get things moving/flying but then reduce it quickly to avoid too much of an upswing.

On the second one, it looked like on your release you input a pretty good twisting motion to the cart and that along with throttle setting seemed to really get the cart jerking and twisting around in several different directions and that caused the wing to collapse. I noticed your taking one step ahead as you launch, I'm finding that taking a second skipping step helps me keep ahead of the wing so it doesn't collapse and allows me to release and push the cart out more horizontally and straight ahead.

I have practiced the launches throttle and all a number of times knowing I wasn't going to release but just start to develop some coordination between all the mental and physical aspects that are needed at once and that has definitely helped but I'm certainly still developing consistency. I have also found that having the TX on a neck strap eliminates the added worry of dropping it during the whole process.

Lastly, I'd definitely launch over the grass rather than the asphalt, it's gotta be a little softer when an oops happens. Good luck, it's a lot of fun when you get it up!
Jun 18, 2019, 11:45 PM
Big 3D
Please help this guy!
H-King Paracopter - Startversuche - warum fliegt das Gerät nicht? (5 min 53 sec)
Jun 18, 2019, 11:55 PM
After seeing a few vids and setting up a couple DO NOT SKIP James video regarding kiting. The vid above is brake lines too tight.....if the foil is not overhead, the trike will soon be dead.
Jun 19, 2019, 12:04 AM
Big 3D
still has the stickers on the lines. I guess the language is German which I do not speak..
Jun 19, 2019, 12:11 AM
Brake lines too short.

Quick Reply