Jun 16, 2019, 04:43 AM
Today ...Paradude and Britinoz went flying together and in a very short time I leant some of the secrets of this flying machine. We had a great time on a nice day even after a bit of a tumble.
That launching over the shoulder takes a bit of coordination and unfortunately ...I found myself on the deck ..in the mud...all good fun ...Thanks to Paradude for the instruction and Video.
Happy Landings
Chris...
Chris and the HK Paramotor (6 min 19 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2019, 05:34 AM
Dirk
After reading all the posts and watching various videos on YT I'm still unclear on how to set up my radio. I have a DX9, but my screens for travel set up etc looks nothing like Bajora posted.
Anyway I have a bit of time to sort it out, I put mine together today and I'm missing the prop in the package, so have lodged a claim with HK.
Jun 16, 2019, 07:25 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk.S
After reading all the posts and watching various videos on YT I'm still unclear on how to set up my radio. I have a DX9, but my screens for travel set up etc looks nothing like Bajora posted.
Anyway I have a bit of time to sort it out, I put mine together today and I'm missing the prop in the package, so have lodged a claim with HK.

When setting up your mixes in a DX9, the very first screen in each mix shows two options ... Normal and Curve. Be sure and select Curve.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jun 16, 2019, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk.S
My setup for the DX9:

Right servo = ELE
Left servo = AIL
NO servos reversed
Travel: AIL = 150 /0 ELE = 0/150 Adjust end points to align brake arms. (i.e. mine ELE = 0/133)
Mix 1 : ELE>AIL -100% -100% Offset 0%
Mix 2: AIL>ELE 0% 100% Offset 0%
Mix 3: AIL>AIL 0% -100% Offset 0%
Mix 4: RUD>AIL 100% 0% Offset 0%
Mix 5: RUD>ELE 0% 100% Offset 0%

Works great and I set Aileron trim to large increments. I mix the rudder so that I can steer with either stick.
Last edited by bushdoctor; Jun 16, 2019 at 10:23 AM.
Jun 16, 2019, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
Just for information if it helps anyone else: With my DX9 throttle and throttle cut set at -100 the ESC would not arm, I had to run the end point down to -109 and then it will arm reliably, actually set it at -110 just for a slight margin.
All electric R/C models should have the throttle trim set all the way down on the transmitter for the esc to arm. There is no need to change the end point.
Jun 16, 2019, 04:01 PM

Replaced prop guard

I had several bad launches which kinda did in the stock prop guard so I went with the Opale anti torque ring. I also replaced a couple of lines on the left #3&2 B&C lines. Hopefully, I got the lengths right. :/
Jun 17, 2019, 04:39 AM
Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
When setting up your mixes in a DX9, the very first screen in each mix shows two options ... Normal and Curve. Be sure and select Curve.
Thanks mate, I'll try that when I get the time to look at it again.
Jun 17, 2019, 04:40 AM
Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushdoctor
My setup for the DX9:

Right servo = ELE
Left servo = AIL
NO servos reversed
Travel: AIL = 150 /0 ELE = 0/150 Adjust end points to align brake arms. (i.e. mine ELE = 0/133)
Mix 1 : ELE>AIL -100% -100% Offset 0%
Mix 2: AIL>ELE 0% 100% Offset 0%
Mix 3: AIL>AIL 0% -100% Offset 0%
Mix 4: RUD>AIL 100% 0% Offset 0%
Mix 5: RUD>ELE 0% 100% Offset 0%

Works great and I set Aileron trim to large increments. I mix the rudder so that I can steer with either stick.
Cheers, thanks. I'm sure between yours and Bajora's post I'll get there!
Jun 17, 2019, 02:59 PM
Success!
Finally successfully maidened today and flew about 2-3 hours with all the batteries i had.

Very sensitive to power adjustments. I kept reducing throws and now up to 70% expo on ailerons.

Question: I had it fall out of the sky a couple times on turns. And, really had to be careful adding power or the cart would get too in front of the wing and pitch up.

Any suggestions to improve stability on turns and reduce up-pitching when adding power?
(Setup- using two 2200mah for power and a third 2200mah for added weight)

Thanks in advance!
Jun 17, 2019, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTerrific
Success!
Finally successfully maidened today and flew about 2-3 hours with all the batteries i had.

Very sensitive to power adjustments. I kept reducing throws and now up to 70% expo on ailerons.

Question: I had it fall out of the sky a couple times on turns. And, really had to be careful adding power or the cart would get too in front of the wing and pitch up.

Any suggestions to improve stability on turns and reduce up-pitching when adding power?
(Setup- using two 2200mah for power and a third 2200mah for added weight)

Thanks in advance!
Good to hear you got her in the air, I'd suggest having the kart at 2000g.

Happy Flying!
Jun 17, 2019, 07:09 PM
After many years of trying to build light.....I have found it hard to keep adding weight to this mode , but at 2315 gms its very stable to fly and after only a couple of successful flights I have found that it happily flies on 50% throttle . Care has to be taken applying throttle and I found that by hitting full power ..all that happened was to push the trike up with the sail holding it back ...and then the trike would usually twist or spin and crash.I was very fortunate to have some one guide me through this set up procedure because I may not have figured out myself.A pleasure to fly ...just as long as you can get it off the ground.
Happy Launches
Chris...
Jun 17, 2019, 07:17 PM

Night Flying

Wee bit of illumination at midnight!
Jun 17, 2019, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSloper
Good to hear you got her in the air, I'd suggest having the kart at 2000g.

Happy Flying!
Thanks for the advice!
Tom
Jun 18, 2019, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKV1145
That looks great!
Jun 18, 2019, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKV1145