Jun 11, 2019, 10:49 AM
Hi, using the recommended 5000mah lipo what kind of flight times are we looking at. Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2019, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Hi, using the recommended 5000mah lipo what kind of flight times are we looking at. Thank you.
I haven't been able to run mine down yet, but I'd venture to say 30-40 minutes.
Jun 11, 2019, 11:21 AM
Had a few flights with this bird now (and a few crashes), on Sunday we had three up at once with one guy having his first ever fixed wing(?) RC flight with it. A few problems with launching but Im learning to abort more! We predominantly fly quads and a friend managed to get a bit of air to air footage. At one point though I was doing nothing in particular and the wing just collapsed on one side, heading downwind, is this a function of flying slowly as the wind picked up a little?

Anyway, heres the video

Shendrones Squirt v2 vs Hobbyking Paramotors (3 min 31 sec)
Jun 11, 2019, 12:05 PM
SuperDave

Speed Lines?

Kmason 42, I just received mine and noticed that the A-lines on the leading edge of the wing are tied to separate D-rings on the risers. Was it done this way to accommodate speed line/bar functionality? It seems like we could maybe add another servo to pull down on these D-rings adding tension to the A-lines only. Do you think this might work to assist with penetration into the wind? This is my first Paramotor, but I've been reading up and have seen some discussions about speed lines and wondered if they could be easily added to this wing.

SuperDave
Jun 11, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanchaos
I think the DX8 mixing is similar to the DX7s. Did you try the settings that I posted for my DX7s yesterday?
Pilot left servo connected to elevator channel - servo reversed
Pilot right servo connected to aileron channel
Aileron travel 150% - 150%
Elevator travel 0%-150%
Mix 1 ELE>AIL 0%-100% Offiset 0%
Mix 2 AIL>ELE -100%-0% Offset 0%
Mix 3 AIL>AIL -100%-0% Offset 0%

My setup for the DX9:

Right servo = ELE
Left servo = AIL
NO servos reversed
Travel: AIL = 150 /0 ELE = 0/150 Adjust end points to align brake arms. (i.e. mine ELE = 0/133)
Mix 1 : ELE>AIL -100% -100% Offset 0%
Mix 2: AIL>ELE 0% 100% Offset 0%
Mix 3: AIL>AIL 0% -100% Offset 0%
Mix 4: RUD>AIL 100% 0% Offset 0%
Mix 5: RUD>ELE 0% 100% Offset 0%

Works great and I set Aileron trim to large increments.
Jun 11, 2019, 04:40 PM
R/C Air Adventures
@SuperDave,

Yes, the 'A' lines are on their own ring, but this has more to do with the spread of the cascades and ensuring proper wing shape. You can try pulling the A lines for speedbar functionality, but you won't be able to get much before you start getting surges and collapses. Unfortunately, single skin wings are not very tolerant of this. The easiest way to get better wind penetration is to add a little weight and load the wing better.

Even the Opale wings state that the speedbar is only for 'emergency' situations when soaring.

@Chris Jones: No wing is immune to collapses, and they are just a fact of life with paramotors. It could have been a pocket of turbulence, vortex, or sink that you passed through. I have had full collapses flying through my own prop wash . When you get a tip collapse, just 'pump' the brakes, much like you would in a car and the tip should pop back out.

Great videos, all - HAVE FUN!!
Jun 11, 2019, 06:23 PM
Motor replacement- hi all.

Wondering if this is a suitable replacement for the stock motor? Mine died on maiden and H King are sending one of these:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/aerostar...ess-motor.html

It isnít the same as supplied....

Thank you,
Mike
Jun 11, 2019, 07:56 PM
I cut a couple of lines today, any idea where I can get replacement lines or braided line size that would be suitable for replacement?
Jun 11, 2019, 08:06 PM
EDF all the way!
Check Home Depot they have the nylon cord.
Bob
Jun 11, 2019, 11:22 PM
I’ve noticed on two different HK wings now during flight that on each side (left and right) the leading edge is collapsed or looks like it is curled under. Has anyone tried to starch and iron their wing to stiffen it up a bit?

Don.
Jun 12, 2019, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 2416n
Iíve noticed on two different HK wings now during flight that on each side (left and right) the leading edge is collapsed or looks like it is curled under. Has anyone tried to starch and iron their wing to stiffen it up a bit?

Don.
After quite a bit of use the foil does loose its crunch but I have not had any issue with tip collapse since flying at 2kg and up....sometimes if I over speed but a bit of brake pops it out again. I guess you could use a bit of formed plastic rod to keep it open but try a bit more weight first if its light
Jun 12, 2019, 08:42 AM
Thanks Paradude. I’m going to feed Barbie a bit of lead to fatten her up a little and try it again.

Don.
Jun 12, 2019, 10:10 AM
Anyone have thoughts on what causes the side to side wobble?? More weight needed?? I was at 1.6-1.7kg all up.
Jun 12, 2019, 10:30 AM
@carguy4471, you are too light, I got mine in the air yesterday at 1950g and she flew great.

HK PPG 1st Flight ROG Launch Success! (17 min 32 sec)
Jun 12, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
Check Home Depot they have the nylon cord.
Bob
Thanks Bob.

Quick Reply