May 29, 2019, 01:00 AM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
New Product

H-King High Performance Paramotor

Here is footage of the new H-King Paramotor in action. It is my maiden flight video!

This is my Unboxing:

H-King Paramotor Unboxing Overview Only - Hobbyking RC PPG (3 min 45 sec)

This is my Maiden Flight:

H-King Paramotor Maiden Flight Review - Hobbyking RC PPG (5 min 36 sec)

Here is an unedited look at my maiden flight:

Unedited H-King High Performance Paramotor Maiden Flight Review (5 min 6 sec)

This is my Second Flight with amazing scenery!

H-King Paramotor Second Flight - Hobbyking RC PPG (5 min 51 sec)

Two up at the same time with a beautiful summer sunset

H-King Paramotor Sunset Flying with GB & John - Hobbyking PPG (9 min 14 sec)

This is a video John made to hopefully make the radio settings easier to understand.

How to program the H-King Paramotor for Spektrum HobbyKing (5 min 3 sec)

The HobbyKing™ Paramotor is extremely easy to fly due to its very gentle and stable flight characteristics yet once you are used to it, it will perform loops and rolls with ease. Due to the design the huge high performance 2400mm sail opens quickly for easy launching and it will retain its shape even in turbulence. The single skin durable sail is made from 100% ripstop fabric and comes pre-rigged with tough polyethylene lines and ready to attach to the durable aluminum gondola. It does require a computer radio with mixing and servo control curves, to see what is involved in the radio set up please watch the attached video and also the one for the setting up of the parafoil itself.

There is a high level of prefabrication so assembly time is minimal and it is Plug-N-Fly so all you require is your own transmitter, receiver, and battery. The Paramotor is fitted with a powerful 3530-1400KV brushless motor swinging a 10 x 4.7 propeller, it also has a 50 amp electronic speed controller with 5 amp BEC and 2 powerful 15kg high torque metal geared servos. A 3S lipo battery is recommended and it can vary in capacity to suit different flying conditions. The recommended flying weight is 1.6~2.0kg, in light wind conditions it is best to put a lighter battery in to keep near the 1.6kg weight. In windy conditions, it is better to put a heavier battery in to fly around the 2kg mark. The undercarriage is easily removed for hand launching and catching and also for slope soaring.

If you fancy trying something a little different then the HobbyKing™ Paramotor is for you. Great fun to fly without being too challenging and it looks great in the air. Pre-assembled and Plug N Fly also means you can be airborne very quickly after taking delivery.

Features:
• High performance powered parafoil
• Plug and Fly format ( you only require a Tx, Rx and battery)
• High level of prefabrication for quick assembly
• Gentle flight characteristics, however, it can perform loops and rolls
• Removable undercarriage for slope soaring etc
• Durable aluminum airframe
• Wide flying weight range (1.6~2kg)

Specs:
Type: Plug-N-Fly Paramotor
Parasail Span: 2400mm
Motor: 3530-1400KV brushless
Propeller: 10x4.7
ESC: 50amp
BEC: 5amp
Servos: 2 x 15kg high torque metal geared
Flying Weight: 1.6~2kg
Recommended Battery: 3S lipoly (not supplied)

Required:
1 x 3ch or more computer transmitter with mixing and servo control curves
1 x 3ch or more receiver
1 x 3S (11.1v) lipoly battery and charger

Link to the H-King Paramotor: https://bit.ly/2VXTOcX

Flight Battery Link: https://bit.ly/2HCQCzA
Last edited by GBLynden; Jun 04, 2019 at 01:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2019, 01:51 AM
Category Manager - Planes
I think everyone is going to have an amazing time with these paramotors. I really do have to Thank James for all of his hard work on this project. The end result is something truly interesting and a stack of fun. I know I've had a lot of fun with these and even though i love EDF's there was something very relaxing about flying a paramotor. I was able to hand the controls over to a few people in the office who had never flown before and they are hooked and want to fly again.

So again, from all of us at Hobbyking a big thanks to James. It would not have been possible without you.

Ian
May 29, 2019, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
I think everyone is going to have an amazing time with these paramotors. I really do have to Thank James for all of his hard work on this project. The end result is something truly interesting and a stack of fun. I know I've had a lot of fun with these and even though i love EDF's there was something very relaxing about flying a paramotor. I was able to hand the controls over to a few people in the office who had never flown before and they are hooked and want to fly again.

So again, from all of us at Hobbyking a big thanks to James. It would not have been possible without you.

Ian
Thanks for pushing this James, I bought the old sail intending to 3D print a gondola but never got round to it. This one is so much cheaper than the rivals out there too!
May 29, 2019, 02:25 AM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
I agree Ian and Chris. It is very fun to fly, is a nicely made kit, and a good value.

To your point about EDF's Ian, I have really been getting into the larger EDF's lately myself and I love how this is a ying to that yang.

GB

Edit: Here is a link to JohnVHRC's Setup Video. He helped me a ton with my setup.

H-King High Performance Paramotor UNBOXING and ASSEMBLY Spektrum setup from Hobbyking (21 min 6 sec)
Last edited by GBLynden; May 29, 2019 at 05:03 PM.
May 29, 2019, 03:17 AM
Could you perhaps sticky James how-to video's in this thread also?
May 29, 2019, 07:53 AM
I think I may be placing an order for one of these later today or tomorrow. I've been looking for an all in one solution at this price point for quite a while now. With the addition of a pilot figure it would be great.
Last edited by Phoenix239; May 29, 2019 at 08:02 AM.
May 29, 2019, 09:12 AM
DominicM
James at RC Air Adventures has done a great job on 3 videos for assembly, setup and first flight of this Paramotor. Helped me get mine ready for its first flight! Save yourself a lot of time and learn from the expert.

HobbyKing Paramotor Unbox and Assembly (36 min 33 sec)
May 29, 2019, 09:13 AM
DominicM
HobbyKing paramotor setup (26 min 28 sec)
May 29, 2019, 09:13 AM
DominicM
Hobbyking Paramotor First Flights! (12 min 18 sec)
May 29, 2019, 11:50 AM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
I ordered one this morning. The price point is perfect! How many mah lipo?

Don
May 29, 2019, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
How many mah lipo?
I've ordernd the Zippy Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 40C for a long flight time (you need the weight anyway).
May 29, 2019, 04:56 PM
Ordered mine today. now just need to figure out how to set it up on on my DX7s
May 29, 2019, 05:10 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatinginnc
Ordered mine today. now just need to figure out how to set it up on on my DX7s
John's video I posted above should help you with your Spektrum radio setup. It helped a lot with my DX6. The other video did not help as they work differently.

The Don, here is the Flight Battery Link: https://bit.ly/2HCQCzA
May 29, 2019, 06:19 PM
Category Manager - Planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstacy
I've ordernd the Zippy Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 40C for a long flight time (you need the weight anyway).
You'll be up all day with a 5000mah. Its just about perfect for weight and i only needed to add about 100 grams.
May 29, 2019, 08:09 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
This is my Second Flight with amazing scenery!

H-King Paramotor Second Flight - Hobbyking RC PPG (5 min 51 sec)

Quick Reply