This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 28, 2019, 01:17 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Ezio 800 - Part 2 ( Oh dear )

I guess HK does not really care .. ( I guess )

More problems !

I installed a 4ch Rx ( FS2A ) from Banggood . ( That part was fine ) .
You know , when people say you cant fit a battery in the Ezio , they really mean you cant fit a battery .

One of the batteries listed at HK ( the nano-tech 460 ) , is too large to fit the Ezio ..
I know because I have that battery ...
This leaves you with the smaller 300mAh and 350mAh batteries ...
And a lot of lead to get CG ..

When it comes to battery width , the max might be around 26mm wide ..
There are some batteries that will fit ..................... @ Banggood !
I found some 1s batteries that would have been perfect as 2s , and since they were being sold as a 4 pack ... I ordered a 4 pack . ( Like I need more batteries )

If you look at the pictures , you will see a battery held in place with a rubber band .. This is your other option !
Remove the hatch cover , and use a rubber band to hold the battery in place .. Pictured is a 450mAh of questionable quality .

Oh dear ! Yes , more BS to deal with !
The Push Rod Connectors are garbage ! I guess HK incuded them so you could throw something away .. They really are junk ...

Oh double dear ! Yes , more BS to deal with !
Run up the motor / prop and there is a horrible vibration !
Since I cant remove the prop / spinner assembly ( it's not going anywhere without being destroyed ) ..
I tried to balance the props = No way ! Not happening !
So I gave up , slept on it .
And today I removed the prop blades from the hub ! Yeah , your probably catching on . Vibrated like , well , a vibrator !

So I had to try and balance the spinner / prop hub .
Well , the garbage runs a lot smoother now ..

Garbage !
Apparently the ESC is a 6A job ...
I measured some 7A and change @ full throttle ..
Good news continues ..
The thrust to current ratio is horrendous ! There should be a lot more thrust for 7A ...

Im tired , the Ezio has drained me ..
Not even close to flying the Ezio yet , and with a week of bad weather ahead . Whats the rush ?
I will fly the Ezio as delivered - Push rod connectors will be replaced - just junk ! Use them if you want to crash !

So right now ! I would not recommend the Ezio 800mm .. If my sample is the norm .
Way , way , .......................... way to big a PITA ( Pain In The Abacus )
There are lots of models in the Ezio price range .
Unless you really want a Balsa / Ply / Iron On covered model . In which case prepare yourself for some suffering . ( If my Ezio is the Norm )
Im not playing with the Ezio any more today , the PITA is getting to me .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply