Sep 16, 2019, 08:34 AM
Check out our launch video for the Spektrum Avian and Firma Smart ESCs!

Spektrum™ Smart Electronic Speed Controls (2 min 25 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 12:20 PM
This is ISDT Battgo products with a Spektrum label slapped on!!! Talk about "badge engineering" lol, there's NOTHING "Spektrum technology" about it at all-go look on banggood or even amazon.com for ISDT products.....
Sep 19, 2019, 01:39 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Please re-read post #11 for Horizon's position on this issue of ISDT.

I am not aware of any ONE company that has integrated a complete auto detect charging technology, battery charging/discharging tracking technology, battery auto-storage technology, ESC telemetry, receiver telemetry transmission, AND battery telemetry into a single product line like Spektrum Smart Technology.

McD
Last edited by kingsflyer; Sep 19, 2019 at 01:47 PM.
Oct 29, 2019, 05:31 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Great review McD

~Dave
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book
Nov 09, 2019, 02:48 PM
Perpetual Noob
Just picked up an S1200 an I'm wondering if anyone knows what the computer port is for.
Nov 09, 2019, 09:12 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
I was told it was for future firmware updates. I guess as the Smart batteries are updated or the Smart technology changes, Spektrum will be able to update their chargers through that computer interface.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Nov 12, 2019, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the charger/battery treatis. I would like to know how long the Spectrum smart AC charger will take to charge a 6S 7000 ma pack and a 6S 5000ma pack starting with storage voltage. My Hitec charger takes a very long time even using 15 amps. Thanks Chris J.
Nov 14, 2019, 11:31 PM
Battery checker is useless for non Spektrum batteries, OP does not point this out in his review.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=523

Any before anyone asks I updated the firmware to 0.9

They had an update in 0.8
XBC100 V1.0.0.81.Correction for voltage percentage calculation.

Didn't do anything for me in terms of accurate readings. IMO a waste of $30
Nov 15, 2019, 11:11 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrjflyer
Thanks for the charger/battery treatis. I would like to know how long the Spectrum smart AC charger will take to charge a 6S 7000 ma pack and a 6S 5000ma pack starting with storage voltage. My Hitec charger takes a very long time even using 15 amps. Thanks Chris J.
A standard charge time should be fairly easy to calculate. Storage voltage should be at about 30% of pack capacity, so your 7000 mAh pack should take about 20 minutes to charge up at 15 Amps. However, you didn't mention if you were doing a "fast" charge or a "balance" charge. Sometimes a balance charge can take a lot longer depending on the individual cell condition and voltage of some of the cells within a given pack. If any cell is more than 0.02 Volt off from the other cells in the pack, then the charge/balance time will be extended to try to bring all the cells within the charger's set parameter for proper balance and full charge.

I balance charge my packs at a 1C rate and most will reach a full charge from storage in about 30 to 45 minutes.

Hope that helps.

McD
Nov 17, 2019, 08:28 PM
Quote:
I can do some checking on a 5000ma 4C pack if that helps

I did fine one disturbing issue, if you discharge a pack to storage something will continue to discharge each cell down to zero if left plugged in.
Ruined one new 5000 ma pack before I realized what was going on.
Tim
Nov 17, 2019, 09:10 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Smart Batteries have solved that problem - once you program in the discharge time delay, your battery will self-discharge down to storage voltage and no lower.

Commercial discharge/balance units sometimes have low internal discharge currents that can continue to drain a battery even when the “cycle” ends. If you leave the battery plugged in too long, it can ruin the battery.

McD
Last edited by kingsflyer; Nov 17, 2019 at 09:22 PM.
Nov 18, 2019, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
Smart Batteries have solved that problem - once you program in the discharge time delay, your battery will self-discharge down to storage voltage and no lower.

Commercial discharge/balance units sometimes have low internal discharge currents that can continue to drain a battery even when the “cycle” ends. If you leave the battery plugged in too long, it can ruin the battery.

McD
My I chargers do not discharge when battery is plugged in.
On the Smart charger I tried to discharge a battery, menu said 3 amp discharge but it would never go over .3 amps.
Takes a very long time to discharge.
I think there is a bug in smart charger FW I will contact HH tech support
Tim
Nov 18, 2019, 08:17 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
I believe that the discharge rate is based on the voltage of the battery pack and is rated for a certain "Wattage". That means the discharge current (Amps) will be reduced as the number of cells in the pack increases. The S2100 charger is only rated for 5 Watts max discharge capacity per side. Therefore a 6-cell LiPo will only discharge at about 200-300 mA. So yes, the S2100 can be used to discharge batteries, but that is not it's most useful function. Remember, the Smart Technology System is designed primarily for use with Smart batteries. Smart batteries can be programmed to self-discharge themselves down to storage voltage and don't depend on external dischargers or other user intervention to maintain proper storage voltage.

McD
Nov 18, 2019, 08:43 PM
Quote:
I tried discharging a 4c 5000ma pack
Menu says 3amps is highest discharge rate
Nope .3 amps for 4Cell pack, only 5 watts maximum discharge
My iChargers still are my favorite
Tim
Yesterday, 05:59 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
The Spektrum charger does have a firmware bug that prevents it from discharging at more then .3-.4. Has nothing to do with the battery rating.They say a fix is coming
The charger will not, and most will not, discharge past your set /preferred point (mine is 3.80) the charger will hold the storage level. It will not draw it down more.

Quick Reply