May 27, 2019, 01:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Active Failsafe mode X10+

I have my X10+ connected to a FrSky X8R and cannot get into Active Failsafe mode. I press the programming button and I get red/green blink once or twice and then it just blinks green till I let the button go, and it goes back to solid green.

What am I doing wrong?
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2019, 07:04 PM
You post was moved to the X10+ thread (RCGroups should have notified you of this). You had it in the wrong thread.

You can only invoke the live active failsafe when the X10+ and receiver are "connected" to the transmitter (you can move servos).

Press and the HOLD the button until the LED starts blinking red/green. I suppose it could be possible that the RED segment of the LED is bad and you only see green flashing? You could power up your X10+ (with the transmitter off) and see if the LED starts flashing RED with no signal. If it does, then the LED is working correctly and you would just not be holding the button down completely, or long enough to invoke the live active failsafe.
Jun 01, 2019, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
Hi Jim, just tested with a Futaba system and all is good, so it’s a FrSky problem of some sort.

X8R & X10 transmitter with OpenTX
Jun 01, 2019, 02:00 PM
I am not sure what you mean. It doesn't matter what protocol is used, the live active failsafe is completely separate and works with any system... it's an X10+ function.
Jun 01, 2019, 05:30 PM
Thread OP
With the FrSky I cannot get the X10+ to go into Live Active Failsafe by pressing and holding the button, but it works fine with the Futaba.
Jun 01, 2019, 07:31 PM
That really make no sense as the failsafe programming doesn't even look at the protocol type. It's the same for every protocol.

What frame rate are you using with the FrSky system?

Quick Reply