This thread is privately moderated by montis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 27, 2019, 05:14 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine ATX03S video transmitter review

Eachine ATX03S is the newest VTX from the VTX03 line.
Features 25mW/50mW/100mW/200mW power output levels, 40 channels, on board microphone and smart audio control capability.

Closer view of the front PCB side.

Closer view of the back PCB side.

The PCB size and layout comparison with the VTX03, VTX03S and ATX03S.

Weight of the VTX03S is 3.0 grams with wires. You can shave about 0.5 gram if you will strip the connectors and shorten the wires.

Power output measurements
Connected the ATX03S to the immersion RF power meter V2 for test. VTX was cooled with fan while taking the measurements.

First test: 25mW output setting. In the reality it is outputting almost 76mW (18.8dBm).

Next step 50mW outputs nearly 136 mW (21.3dBm).

At 100mW setting it outputs 213 mW (23.3 dBm)

And at max setting of 200mW it outputs 262 mW (24.2d Bm)

Tested the 25mw setting without cooling and it drops from 76mW down to 28mW (14.4 dBm) after a few minutes.

Also the 200mw setting without cooling drops from 262mW down to 220mW (23.4 dBm) after a few minutes.

The power output test results were disappointing at 25mW power setting powe exceeds the declared output by 3 times, outputting 75mW! Some might like it, but it is not good for racing events.

Here is the RF power output and electrical current consumption for all power levels. Measured at Raceband, CH5.

Power output vs frequency for 25mW power level on Raceband.

Power output vs frequency for 50mW power level on Raceband.

Power output vs frequency for 100mW power level on Raceband.

Power output vs frequency for 200mW power level on Raceband.

PROS

Small and lightweight (3.0 grams)
Smart Audio control
Pit mode/25/50/100/200mW switchable power modes
On board small LEDs instead of bulky LED module
On board microphone

CONS

Output RF power is higher than nominal

CONCLUSION

Eachine ATX03S is very lightweight (3.0 grams with wires) and small VTX. It fits into wide range of the aircrafts from the ultralight micro brushless quadcopters up to the high perfomance racing quads, where the weight is crucial. The Smart Audio remote control feature is a must have in the modern video transmitter. ATX03S has 5 switchable output power modes Pit/25/50/100/200mW. However there are not so good news for racers output power is enormously boosted over the expected values. 25mW mode outputs 75mW, 50mW outputs 135 mW (just like its predecessor VTX03S. See Eachine VTX03S review here), but at 200mW it outputs reasonable 262mW of the RF power . If you are flying alone, more mW probably is welcome it will increase your flying range and will slightly improve the picture, but it also means that VTX is consumig more current and leads to the less flight time, especially on the smaller quads. On the race events you probably will be asked to turn your quad off after the VTX power measurements you cannot exceed the 25mW requirements.

Finally the Eachine listened to the user requests and replaced the bulky 7-segment LED module with the small on-board LEDs. It helped to reduce the weight by VTX by 10%. ATX03S also has on board microphone alowing to add the audio feed into the FPV experience.

Eachine ATX03S for sure ticks almost all the requirement checkboxes and if you are looking for the VTX for freestyle rig, then I definitely recommend this VTX for you. If you are a racer, then check if the power output fits into allowed range for your race events.

Available @ Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-ATX03S-5_8GHz-40CH-25mW50mw200mW-Switchable-FPV-Transmitter-Smart-Audio-Mic-for-RC-Drone-p-1427187.html

Disclaimer: This item was supplied by Banggood for a fair and unbiased review. Banggood never asked for a positive review and never infuenced my opinion in any way. Im trying my best to stay uninfluenced and give only my own opinion. All affiliate links if there are any help me purchase items for future reviews.
Last edited by montis; May 27, 2019 at 05:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply