This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 27, 2019, 12:26 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Hobby King EZIO 800

Unboxing & First Perspective

Unboxing :

Admittedly I was impressed when I opened the box , the Ezio seemed to be light , and looked really nice ( in the bag )
But once I started pulling the parts out of the bags , I started to feel that perhaps this was not the best Ezio to leave the HK warehouse .
The first thing that caught my eye was the sloppy covering @ the middle of the wing ( More Soon ) .
Also the hatch , the magnet apparently was not glued to the hatch cover at all .. Not that I can see .

Fitting it together :

Oh the problems , we are talking about a serious PITA ( Pain in the abacus )
1) Wing was broken - hence the sloppy looking covering
2) Hatch cover magnet not glued
3) Wing does not fit the fuse
4) Tail screw does not fit ( Elevator )
5) Ailerons - The screws that lock the control wires ? They dont go in all the way .. It's not the fault of the screws , simply the holes for the screws were either not drilled deep enough or not threaded deep enough . ( @ the control horns )

So what I paid $ for , was a problem looking for solutions .
1) I had to peel the covering , glue and glass the middle of the wing
2) Fit the wing to the fuse VIA some file work
3) Replace the tail screw ( Horizontal stabiliser / elevator )

Still to do
1) Hatch cover magnet - Not a priority
2) Aileron control rod locking screws - To be replaced and ground at the tips so they sit deeper ( PITA to do )

While I remember
Assembled weight DRY ( less Rx and battery ) is 146.5 grams

Part 2 will be another look at the EZIO 800 with the problems solved ( I hope ) ..

Part 2 = Oh dear !
Last edited by old4570; May 28, 2019 at 01:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply