This thread is privately moderated by aeronca52, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 26, 2019, 06:28 PM
Trader Rating: 57
Culper Junior
Thread OP
$1.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Wanted

Needed 6 by 5 piece of covering.

I purchased this model at a swap meet with some leading edge damage to the center of the stab. It’s repaired but I’d like to match the patched area with original color covering, it’s a sort of fabric and it’s unpainted so that beige/tan is its natural color.

I’ve never used iron on fabric so idk what it is. If you can help please lmk $. Original color or anything close is appreciated, thanks for looking.

Jim
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2019, 08:22 PM
Trader Rating: 6
Scale RC Plane restorations
Hello,
Looks like Solartex, I prolly have a scrap piece in that color. I'll send you a piece if you pay shipping. probably won't be more than 6 or 8 dollars, most likely less. Let me know if you want some.
Tim

( I was going to put some in a small tube so it wouldn't crease, But I'll fold some up and throw it in an envelope for nothing also if you want.)
Last edited by 505jeepster; May 27, 2019 at 09:49 AM.
May 27, 2019, 07:24 AM
Trader Rating: 46
Looks like Solartex to me as well. Have lots of leftovers from covering WW1 builds over the years. PM me your address and I'll put a few pieces of different colors in an envelope. It'll cost me a stamp which is no big deal.
May 27, 2019, 04:36 PM
Trader Rating: 57
Culper Junior
Thread OP
Thanks Tim and Homer,
I already had a PM from another RCG member so let me see how that works out first, I REALLY appreciate the offers.
Jim

Quick Reply