Jul 13, 2019, 03:06 PM
So on the 2s I was able to get some LEDs working. The ESC is a no name micro esc that has a 5.5v BEC which is perfect for these GT Power LEDs. They have 5 modes, one of which is off! I like this mode however. I bought a blue arrow servo, it does not fit well so I padded it and pinned it with foam. The servo saver won’t fit and also the included servo arms need re-drilling to fit! But, and this is big but, no jitter:-)

Excuse my poor driving...

13 July 2019 (0 min 27 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2019, 02:47 PM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Nice work! That receicer you use, does it work with DSM? I mean the old DSM not the 2 or X. I got one from Hobbyking and it doesn't work.
Jul 14, 2019, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Nice work! That receicer you use, does it work with DSM? I mean the old DSM not the 2 or X. I got one from Hobbyking and it doesn't work.
I use them with a DSM2 set so not sure if it will bind to DSM. It is a pain to bind I find its best to use a battery only plus bind plug - I.e no ESC or Servo attached. After that it binds OK takes about 10secs though.
Jul 15, 2019, 03:55 PM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Thanks. I'll try that trick and see if it can finally work as advertised.
Jul 16, 2019, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Thanks. I'll try that trick and see if it can finally work as advertised.
I was researching a new Ariel for my tx and noticed all info about it was stating DSM. Mine is a DX3s. On the handset is a small sticker that says DSM2 but all reference in the Manual is DSM. There is a chance I put the DSM2 sticker in??

Let me know how you get on.

Edit...
I got the TX new as part of a Losi 8ight RTR package a few years ago but continue to use it for my cars/bikes. It did come with a rather large sheet of decals so it is possible that I put the DSM2 sticker on
Jul 16, 2019, 08:16 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
I'm outside for work and now I'm eager to go home this weekend to try it.

What I have is ancient Spektrum SM1001 DSM pro module. Now the receiver is either nonexistent or prohibitively expensive (I found one locally for 80 Euros exclude delivery). Then I found OrangeRX gr300r in hobbyking saying it's for DSM and DSM2 so I bought it.
If it works... I can't imagine how happy I would be.

Looking at your receiver case it's GR300 DSM2 receiver. But I'll try your trick anyway.

Edit: Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The GR300R truly doesn't work with DSM.
Last edited by Beaver_XT; Jul 18, 2019 at 07:57 AM.
Jul 26, 2019, 08:52 AM
So I finished repainting the Toyota Supra. It’s modelled in the “2002 Toyota Supra Esso Ultraflo” le mans (google). Lots of hassle to be honest. Time spent and effort I would buy one as it’s not easy painting stuff. Most of the issues get hidden by photos but largely happy with the result. The decals where from eBay and match the model very well only issue is that the wing decal is too large, the rest however were there (except a couple of rear bumper ones)and IMHO of good quality.

MOTOR SPORT JAPAN Festival 2011 : ESSO Ultraflo SUPRA (2 min 30 sec)
Last edited by hedgeheli; Sep 19, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Jul 26, 2019, 11:27 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Wow! It turned out amazing!
Aug 09, 2019, 09:06 AM
No good as a tourer, not enough adjustability. Shame but wish I had not bothered.
Aug 09, 2019, 10:25 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeheli
No good as a tourer, not enough adjustability. Shame but wish I had not bothered.
I planned to put QQ front knuckles in so I can adjust toe angle. A little bit of front toe out will make it much better.
Oct 24, 2019, 08:51 AM
Micro cars, boats and planes
Hi Beaver_XT and anyone else with a view of course!

I have a spare miniQ since Hobby King sent me out a replacement RTR car when the fault I had was only with the transmitter (in actual fact I had two faulty transmitters so I now have 4 of these cars!)

It is the non-drift model:https://hobbyking.com/en_us/1-24-rc-rally-car-red.html

I would like to convert one of them to drift. I have a gyro I purchased already based on a recommendation of yours in another thread. Other than wheels and tires what else do I need to change? I have read about one way diff somewhere but I am not clear. I have receiver and ESC from other projects I can use.

Thanks for any input. I have never done drift RC at any scale so noob! Cheers
Oct 24, 2019, 10:06 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Change the wheels and tyres first for a start. Then lock the diff. You can either temporary lock the diff by disassembling it and stuff some blu-tac inside. Or permanently lock it by glue.
If you feel the front is not snappy to turn in or you want it to turn in sharper also if you want the handbrake effect (rear wheels stop but the front continue to roll), install front one way.
Oct 24, 2019, 12:28 PM
Micro cars, boats and planes
Nice one thanks. Just ordered the front diff and will glue the other one. Feels like hot glue may work well for that purpose.

I may try to print some wheels/tires but have also just ordered a set of tires. The tires I have printed for my open RC F1 have zero grip so would probably be good for drifiting. Thanks v much
Nov 13, 2019, 04:16 AM
Bought one from the 1111 aliexpress sale. Now start the long waiting.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:42 PM

ShiftyPK

Hi guys,

So I got myself a trq.
It drives pretty okay but I'm having trouble when the batteries of the car are used a couple of minutes.

I put new alkaline batteries in it, I drive for like 10 minutes with it, and after that the car has trouble starting up from standstill.
It looks like it reset itself for a second. If I slowly hit the gas it randomly starts running again.
If I raise the wheels of the ground it also runs without this issue.
Once its moving it has enough oomph left to so some nice drifting.

What it looks like is that the motor uses so much current that the receiver or something doesn't receive enough voltage and so it resets itself.

Still waiting for good nimh batteries to test with.

Anyone else have this issues and a solution?

Quick Reply