This thread is privately moderated by dsobbe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 24, 2019, 04:30 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Thread OP
$700.00 USD
Will not ship
Sold

Midwest Lobster Boat

This is one of two prototype Midwest 30" Lobster Boats built by me as part of the kits development. One was used for box art, ads and trade shows. This one was used to proof parts and engineering. It is finished with K&B epoxy inside and out and the decks with urethane. Power is an 05 electric water cooled motor driven by two 6 cell sub C nicad batteries connected in parallel. The throttle has two speeds forward and reverse. Running time is one hour. The boat also has a RAM diesel engine and air horn sound system. An automatic lighting system turns the running lights on with the motor when under way. When the motor is off the running lights go out and the cockpit light turns on. The lights are powered by two AA batteries. The radio, sound and lights each have their own power switches.
There is a towing rig that can replace the rear deck hatch. It releases a buoy to snag and recover other boats. The opposite end of the line can also be released. All of the above functions are controlled by an Aristo-Craft/Hitec 2 channel radio which is included in the sale. All accessories shown in the photos are included. No batteries are included.
Prefer local pickup in Chicago south suburbs. Will ship at buyers expense.
Last edited by dsobbe; Jul 26, 2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Changed shipping option.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 05:21 PM
Trader Rating: 161
I have to Say, that you are a fantastic Boat builder for sure! Really nice work and I know as a Builder my self!
Joe
May 25, 2019, 07:12 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pierson
I have to Say, that you are a fantastic Boat builder for sure! Really nice work and I know as a Builder my self!
Joe
Thank you.
May 31, 2019, 09:50 AM
Trader Rating: 0
If I was USA I'd buy it in a breath Superb!
I'm just building one myself

blog https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/fo...c,62915.0.html

Last edited by T33CNO; May 31, 2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: more info
May 31, 2019, 10:33 AM
Trader Rating: 161
Nice build!!
Joe
Jun 02, 2019, 03:23 PM
deleted
Last edited by T33CNO; Jun 02, 2019 at 03:27 PM. Reason: double post
Jun 02, 2019, 03:26 PM
I cannot understand why this is no longer produced. This kit is very much sought after especially in the UK
We have a company over here that could produce this with modern laser cutting from CAD files.

I paid just shy of 200 for the original and no one considers that too much.

Thank you for your timeless contribution to model boat building.
I would recommend listing your boat on ebay with the global shipping program. It would cost you nothing at all as the buyer pays shipping and import duty. You only need to post it to the local GSP facility via ebay instructions and they do the rest.
Good luck with the sale
Jun 27, 2019, 01:12 PM
I can't believe it's not sold yet ! C'mon guys these are awesome boats and what better to own than the original complete with so much extra!

Quick Reply