Jul 19, 2019, 12:13 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHath
Someone uploaded the Aeroscout to the RealFlight forums swap pages on July 3rd. Once you download it and then import to RealFlight 8, it will show up in a new Custom Aircraft folder.

Alan
Now if someone would make it downward compatible I'd be in hog heaven.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2019, 06:47 PM
Rabid Rabbit
Picked one up today. I hope to fly tomorrow
Jul 20, 2019, 02:10 PM
Rabid Rabbit
99 degrees F here with winds around 15 MPH. I just put in two very pleasant flights with this before it was just too hot to be in the sun. I'm glad it has Beginner Mode. The first flight was in Experienced Mode and difficult to achieve level flight.
Jul 24, 2019, 06:21 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
99 degrees F here with winds around 15 MPH. I just put in two very pleasant flights with this before it was just too hot to be in the sun. I'm glad it has Beginner Mode. The first flight was in Experienced Mode and difficult to achieve level flight.
Isnít beginner mode great in wind!

Iíd love to hear comments on in how much wind people comfortably flew theirs in beginner mode
Jul 25, 2019, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
With safe on you cannot do rolls and loops . Reread the manual about what the plane can and cannot do in the 3 flight modes.
My bad...meant with safe OFF...no need to re-read. I have probably flown my shop demo close to 100 times now and still going strong. Last night...a buddy of mine (with least restrictive mode) was flying inverted circuits about four feet off the ground...FANTASTIC BIRD!
Jul 30, 2019, 07:59 PM
Rabid Rabbit
My grandson flew the AeroScout today without a problem. I wirelessly linked my DX8 g2 and DX8 g1 with the 2 being the master.
I learned that the custom settings (motor off/on and beginner, intermediate expert switch settings) don’t work on the slave unit.
The plane is so docile I was able to just let him solo as I shut off the slave radio
Jul 31, 2019, 07:46 AM
Thread OP
I took the Scout out of for it's maiden. Great flying little plane!! I wirelessly linked the included DXe and my DX6. My father-in-law hasn't flown in 16 years and I got him not only flying but he also landed the AeroScout. I think it made his day!
Aug 02, 2019, 05:49 PM
BNF are back in stock, so tempting. I here so many good things about this plane, even though i dont exactly need a "trainer" plane.. ..Im hearing great things from even experienced pilots on how fun this one is to fly...
Aug 04, 2019, 08:09 AM
Rabid Rabbit
My hobby shop only had RTF birds but the owner was willing to make it a BNF. Can’t say enough good stuff about HobbyTown St Charles.
Aug 07, 2019, 08:26 AM
Noob question - if I buy one of these in the BNF version, can it be (relatively) easily bound to work with a Spektrum DX8G2, with all the AS3X and SAFE functionality enabled?
Aug 07, 2019, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLouis
Noob question - if I buy one of these in the BNF version, can it be (relatively) easily bound to work with a Spektrum DX8G2, with all the AS3X and SAFE functionality enabled?
Yes, can be easily bound to a DX8G2 and have AS3X and Safe enabled... I will be getting one as well and bind it to my DX6G2 and this will by my second Hobby Zone plane with this receiver and it is very easy to bind to another radio..
Aug 12, 2019, 07:03 PM
Have set up FPV in my AeroScout and added a Tarot OSD with it. The OSD is a work in progress and the antenna is a bit weak. This is DVR recording off my FatSharks.
aeroscoutS+ (3 min 54 sec)
Aug 15, 2019, 09:41 PM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
Has anyone designed a FPV Canopy for this one yet?
Latest blog entry: Miss Foxy Lady eBuild
Aug 15, 2019, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDaMan007
Has anyone designed a FPV Canopy for this one yet?
Iím still just trying to get one , dang BNF versions are very had to come by, in stock 1 day and gone the next ...
Aug 16, 2019, 11:03 PM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
I snagged one at Amain a couple of days ago.
Latest blog entry: Miss Foxy Lady eBuild

Quick Reply