Jun 13, 2019, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31
I believe you are seeing the auto level (hands off the sticks) in the beginner mode. AS3X doesn't become active in the Intermediate or Experienced modes until the throttle has been advanced to somewhere near half.
Ok, had not read that, but will check it out. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2019, 10:06 PM
That was my plan for this plane as well. It flies so well that I think it will a great fpv vehicle.

Jun 14, 2019, 08:41 PM
Windy day again. Took the Scout out anyway and was not disappointed. With switches set correctly, all works well. Was able to loop and roll. Have ordered a new canopy to fit with fpv gear. Thanks to all for the assistance

Jun 19, 2019, 02:28 PM

Wow! 2 thumbs up!

I just got the three I purchased from Horizon....I own a brick and mortar hobby shop with dad and always try and demo what I sell.

Anyway...burned four batteries last night and was extremely impressed with this bird. It flies exactly how a trainer should fly using the SAFE system...tested it with my daughter (age 10) and her friend (age 8) who both have minimal experience flying. Both were successful without any problem.

With SAFE on...this thing is a great sport flying ship...rolls, loops, Cuban 8s...a real treat!

She slows down and lands very nice.

I did notice the sag time (with ESC) when going to full power which I too have not yet experiences.

I have NO PROBLEM selling this to customers as something that they could fly right out of the box. Saying that...we have a flying field located next to our shop, and I always provide free flight lessons when they purchase from us. (Heck...I give free flight lessons to whoever needs them....paying it forward is what makes this hobby so darn good!)
Jun 23, 2019, 03:56 PM
With safe on you cannot do rolls and loops . Reread the manual about what the plane can and cannot do in the 3 flight modes.
Jun 29, 2019, 11:51 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighank13
With SAFE on...this thing is a great sport flying ship...rolls, loops, Cuban 8s...a real treat!
Are you sure you are in SAFE mode and not AS3X? Here is a link that will describe binding in both modes.

Horizon Insider Tech Talk: Spektrum SAFE Select Binding Procedure (7 min 52 sec)
Jul 11, 2019, 09:07 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
I have one of these coming my way and will fly it with my son. Has anyone put FPV gear on this yet?
Jul 11, 2019, 01:32 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
I have one of these coming my way and will fly it with my son. Has anyone put FPV gear on this yet?
Hi Jim. I believe that almost everyone that has this plane has installed a camera and flown FPV. One person I know of has installed iNav and taken a long-distance flight. With a stabilizing receiver, it's awesome. I did it this way in the image as simple as I could get. It's a very predictable plane and easy to land FPV
Jul 11, 2019, 01:35 PM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
Awesome! Just what I needed!
Jul 14, 2019, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking to get the Horizon RF 8 Hobby Version Simulator, but I don't see the Aeroscout listed in the models. Anyone have info about this or about the RF 8 sim?
Jul 15, 2019, 09:00 PM
I am thinking about buying the Real Flight 8 Simulator and I already own the HobbyZone AEROSCOUT RTF Plane ✈️ and what a blast! I am new to RC flying and so far I have made a successful flight and landing I am looking for other people who have the same model and have done any modifications as far as bigger motor and battery? Sorry if this isn’t related to your post , but if you are looking to buy a AEROSCOUT you want be disappointed my next plane is going to be the Eflight Apprentice s 15
Jul 16, 2019, 08:22 AM
Area51, I now have 2 Apprentice S 15s and one Aeroscout. Just ordered the RF8 with radio, RF8 does not have Aeroscout, does have Apprentice. Maybe one of the included pusher models will help. I'll report on the RF8 after I try it.
It's a shame that HH does not keep the software up to date with new models considering how expensive it is; obviously they don't care.
That's the way it goes, first your money and then your clothes, lol.
Jul 16, 2019, 11:13 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
I have been in the offices of RealFlight and I can tell you that integrating a new plane does take some time. They want the planes in RF to fly like the real thing and that has to be done by actually flying them and then coding the virtual representations. The staff at RealFlight work hard to make the best flight RC sim on the market and are good folks in general.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:44 AM
Someone uploaded the Aeroscout to the RealFlight forums swap pages on July 3rd. Once you download it and then import to RealFlight 8, it will show up in a new Custom Aircraft folder.

Alan
Jul 18, 2019, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHath
Someone uploaded the Aeroscout to the RealFlight forums swap pages on July 3rd. Once you download it and then import to RealFlight 8, it will show up in a new Custom Aircraft folder.

Alan
Well, well. John, thanks for that info. I just got the RF8 HH Edition and controller yesterday. Found the Aeroscout file, imported it and it seems to run fine. I quickly crashed it, I have an Aeroscout and the Apprentice S, both are now in the sim.
Thank you very much.

Quick Reply