AeroScout S 1.1m RTF (HBZ3800)

The HobbyZone AeroScout S makes learning to fly an RC (Radio Controlled) airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It is extremely durable and features exclusive SAFE technology that helps to prevent crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly.

Splash

AeroScout S

The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S makes learning to fly an RC (radio controlled) airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's the perfect trainer because it's very durable and is equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. It also features Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes so you can choose the level of stability and control you need at the flip of a switch.

HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S RTF & BNF Basic Airplane (4 min 34 sec)

Features

• 100% complete including a controller/transmitter, battery and charger so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
  • Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
  • Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
  • Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
  • Spektrum DXe controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
  • Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart charger for easier and safer charging
  • Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
  • "Pusher" power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
  • Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces
  • Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
  • Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
  • Full line of replacement/spare parts available

Photos

Learn More

For pricing and more info head over to Horizon Hobby!

May 24, 2019, 12:36 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
RTF seems like a well-thought-out complete beginner package !
May 24, 2019, 12:52 PM
And also a pusher so you dont break props
May 24, 2019, 10:06 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
Looks like a re-badged Esky Eagle with some Hobbyzone electronics. Not a bad plane at all if that's the case! lol
May 24, 2019, 10:31 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Has anyone noticed that it has a full floating stabilator instead of a horizontal stabilizer with elevator ?
May 25, 2019, 08:50 AM
Like the value hobby 3d profiles
May 25, 2019, 07:58 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Looking at the available pictures I do not see any external control horns on the tail surfaces
Gary
May 25, 2019, 08:55 PM
All the linkages must be housed inside the vertical stab
May 25, 2019, 09:42 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
If it's the Esky plane rebranded (99.9% sure it is) the linkages are internal. They work well too.
May 27, 2019, 08:02 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Every time I see this model, it reminds me of my old Rans S12. It was a perfect plane for sunset flights and looking down on the world in general. Mine had half doors for the wind in your face experience. Almost tempted to get one of these and paint it like my Rans. No one probably thought of these as a (way off) scale plane.
May 30, 2019, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycomm
Every time I see this model, it reminds me of my old Rans S12. It was a perfect plane for sunset flights and looking down on the world in general. Mine had half doors for the wind in your face experience. Almost tempted to get one of these and paint it like my Rans. No one probably thought of these as a (way off) scale plane.
I was thinking of Kolb ultralights when I first saw this ad.
May 30, 2019, 06:36 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Just checked the website and it says now in stock
Gary
Jun 01, 2019, 08:56 PM
I think I may get one of these. I don’t have an FPV airplane with landing gear. I would like to see if I can do touch and goes FPV. It would also make a good first airplane for my 9 year old.
Jun 02, 2019, 12:54 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Glhs592, here is my plan. Get an extra hatch now that parts are available for the camera. That way the plane can be kept clean when flying LOS without the FPV. mounting the camera may take some ingenuity, but I foresee an easy mount.

BTW, both you and your Nine Year old will have a blast with this plane.
Jun 02, 2019, 01:59 PM
I thought about making a hatch, but it may be better to get a spare. I could just buy two AeroScouts. One for my 9 year old and one for FPV. I just need to motivate him to fly on the simulator.

Quick Reply