This thread is privately moderated by Rogosi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 24, 2019, 12:01 PM
D1 AVP AMA Foundation Board
Thread OP
Discussion

F4D Skyray Glider

I came across these earlier this year at the AMA Expo East. They are made by the following company, E-aeromotive.com, run by Dennis Andreas. I grabbed a couple to bring back home to fool around with. A few weeks later I took them an indoor free flight event I was co-CD'ing and they were a big hit. I gave some to kids who came through, and a few to other modelers. They really do glide very nicely indoors, an easy 30-40 feet nice and level.

They come in foam sheets very similar to depron, but a little more flexible. The sheet is a about 11 by 14 and has 5 pieces laser cut into it. The pieces pop out and go together very easily. I've used Foam Tac and tape to put them together. I'm going to experiment with making them a bit lighter, not that it really needs it. Also, I think I'll make a notch to let these be launched with a rubber band/catapult.

I ended up buying 100 of these they were so much fun. We'll save some for give aways at events, perhaps for some classroom/Cub Scout demonstrations as well. They would be a great little fundraiser too at events for clubs, they are less than $2.00 and could easily be sold for $3-5 bucks. Id' rather have this than the small balsa planes that break almost immediately.

We had some fun painting a few up with some old paint and stickers we had laying around. We'll use these as our display models at events.

Once built, the plane is about 13.5 inches long, and has a 10 inch wingspan.

Dennis can be reached here. I have an order in for some more of these which I believe he makes to order. Shipping is pretty reasonable too depending on how many you buy.

http://e-aeromotive.com/STEM.html

*I paid for these items, I'm not affiliated with the company in any way other than buying from them and enjoying their products.
Latest blog entry: F4D Skyray Glider
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply