Thread Tools
May 29, 2019, 05:54 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
I have the RTF version on stock-notification; this looks like a really nice small(er) plane
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2019, 07:13 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
BTW its smaller sibling the Ranger 600 also has One Key Return:

Beginner fixed wing glider airplane with One Key Return. VolantexRC Ranger 600 (25 min 46 sec)


Tested later/towards the end in the video
Jun 08, 2019, 11:40 AM
Registered User
jimjim06's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
BTW its smaller sibling the Ranger 600 also has One Key Return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw8i52QVQoQ

Tested later/towards the end in the video
I know, but what about the "GPS" text on the 750s box?


Tommy
Jun 08, 2019, 02:55 PM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim06
I know, but what about the "GPS" text on the 750s box?


Tommy
I hope that's correct, but it isn't mentioned in the list of features:

" 3. EASY TO GEI IT BACK
After setting up one key return function, you are able to return it to the opposite direction that the airplane take off
,"

That's sounds to me exactly like the one key return that's available on the Ranger 600 and not a GPS implementation
Jun 09, 2019, 03:12 AM
Registered User
jimjim06's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I hope that's correct, but it isn't mentioned in the list of features:

" 3. EASY TO GEI IT BACK
After setting up one key return function, you are able to return it to the opposite direction that the airplane take off
,"

That's sounds to me exactly like the one key return that's available on the Ranger 600 and not a GPS implementation
I do have a great slope soaring site very close its almost always right in the wind direction!
Problem is that its a hill covered with forrest, and I fly it from "below" standingin a field in front of it.
And sometimes I have lost control for a moment and the plane dissappeared from my view, behind the tree line, I lost one plane forever, but managed to save some by getting lucky and flying them back in view...

So the return to the opposite direction to take off could work well, if I can take off straight for the hill, or make the return function belive that...


Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; Jul 23, 2019 at 10:38 AM.
Jun 09, 2019, 04:25 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim06
I do have a great slope soaring site very close its almost always right in the wind direction!
Problem is that its a hill covered with forrest, and I fly it from "below" standingin a field in front of it.
And sometimest I have lost control for a moment and the plane dissappeared from my view, behind the tree line, I lost one plane forever, but managed to save some by getting lucky and flying them back in view...

So the return to the opposite direction to take off could work well, if I can take off straight for the hill, or make the return function belive that...


Tommy
I think the return in opposite direction might get you out of some problems indeed.

When flying planes I always do my best not to loose sight on them at all times. Once lost a F959 when flying high and a loud group of birds flew over me and got me distracted for only a second or two This one key return would probably have saved me.
Jun 21, 2019, 06:27 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Now available at BG: https://www.banggood.com/Volantex-76...r_warehouse=CN RTF 124,31€

But what do you know: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rt-and-reality

Anybody getting one for review? Anybody seen a review already?
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jun 21, 2019 at 08:04 AM.
Jun 22, 2019, 08:37 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
scousethief's Avatar
Thread OP
Nope nothing, once i've finished with the Zohd Orbit Neon I will grab one and see what they're like.
Jul 22, 2019, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Conte Vlad's Avatar
I am considering the purchase of my first plane.
I just discovered this 767-2 Ranger 750mm version and it looks interesting.
I couldn't figure out if the 6-axis gyroscope is also available in the PNP version ..
I bet it's only active in the RTF radio control version!

If it is not there, the PNP version seems to me excessively expensive, am I wrong?
Before finding out I was thinking about buying the AXN FloaterJet 1280 for beginners like me. Unfortunately I read that the tip opens at the first crash!

I can't find any reviews on youtube, it's so new ?? Could this be a good alternative ??
Jul 23, 2019, 07:02 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
scousethief's Avatar
Thread OP
Mine has disappeared into the land of shipping containers , 3 weeks now and no sign of its existence
Aug 01, 2019, 04:32 AM
yos
yos
Registered User
I recived my plane yesterday. I bought the PNP and thought it includes a gyro as advertized, but it does not. It arrived without push-rods for the ailrons, so can't fly it. Its not the first time that i encounter missing parts in Volantex planes. The rudder in my plane is torn too. Volantex quality control is poor.
For $85 without gyro and all the issues, this plane is way to expensive, and a waste of money.
Aug 01, 2019, 06:43 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yos
I recived my plane yesterday. I bought the PNP and thought it includes a gyro as advertized, but it does not. It arrived without push-rods for the ailrons, so can't fly it. Its not the first time that i encounter missing parts in Volantex planes. The rudder in my plane is torn too. Volantex quality control is poor.
For $85 without gyro and all the issues, this plane is way to expensive, and a waste of money.
That's not good at all ; hope you can solve things thru the seller.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:18 AM
Registered User
Conte Vlad's Avatar
Too bad for these inconveniences, I hope they resolve.
I believe that I will choose Bixler 1.1 or AXN as my first aircraft at this point.
Hard choice ....
Aug 01, 2019, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conte Vlad
Too bad for these inconveniences, I hope they resolve.
I believe that I will choose Bixler 1.1 or AXN as my first aircraft at this point.
Hard choice ....
Those are all quite a bit bigger compared to this particular Volantex.

Maybe consider the WLtoys F959 Sky-king? It is of similar size, very basic 3ch but I've had tons of fun flying mine
Aug 01, 2019, 02:07 PM
Registered User
Conte Vlad's Avatar
Cute the F959, but I already have a Qx7s and I would like a glider more to be able to fly longer ...
The Volantex interested me especially for the included stabilizer,
but since he is not there ... I think I will throw myself on a wider glider.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Volantex RC Ranger 600 761-2 2.4G 3CH 600mm Wingspan EPP 6-Axis Gyro Park Flyer RC Ai guyst Micro Ready-to-Fly 1 Jun 12, 2018 11:37 PM
New Product Volantex V765-2 Super Cub 750mm Wingspan 4CH RTF With Gyro D Gains Micro Ready-to-Fly 4 May 06, 2017 05:55 AM
New Product Volantex Ranger 757-4 FPV 1380mm Wingspan EPO RC Airplane KIT Whitehouse Electric Plane Talk 0 Jul 07, 2015 09:44 PM