May 25, 2019, 08:47 AM
I had the prop come off of my OS48 in cold weather (maybe about 20F). Cold weather seemed to magnify pre ignition in my case.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 08:56 AM
If quitting on take off wonder if the clunk has moved forward. Nose high would increase the chance of starvation and lean condition.

I've been in the hobby half the time of the OP, but never lost a prop until running 4-strokes.

O/K. To be honest did lose a few over the years, but that was due to the ground jumping up or trees moving when not looking.
May 25, 2019, 11:37 AM
Lost prop on my Enya .46 4S a few times. Cured using a sandpaper disk between prop and prop driver and double prop nut. Only 4S engine I ever owned. Had an annoying habit of suddenly stopping on ground or in fight despite various settings. Still have engine, suspect that valve timing might be off from previous owner, bought used.
May 25, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 706jim
I had the prop come off of my OS48 in cold weather (maybe about 20F). Cold weather seemed to magnify pre ignition in my case.
Cold weather would cause it to be lean unless you readjusted the needle.

Quick Reply