Thread Tools
Jun 05, 2019, 05:30 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoik
Hello,

i am build current same plane. but i think you have little problems with you cover. Other Problem the aileron rudder horn, it is on my kit a lack construction. the horn has wrong position to work.

I think, the developer has never bulid to final maiden flight. the blueprint is a little bit buggy.

I add photos from your bulid state, problems are in red line. second photos my current build state, but current cover one wing and elevator with oracover.
Hi Stoik,
welcome to the board.
I covered over the points on purpose, as the cover pulls a lot. I wait until the cover has its coats of dope and is dried and the cut them out afterwards.
I haven't come accoross the problem with the hinges yet, that is my next step. I'll post how I go.
Nice Cat BTW ;-)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2019, 05:33 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJacoby
Lightning, are you going to install the tiny screws around the windows?

I wonder where the designer got the idea for all those screws, as the full-scale aircraft doesn't seem to have them. I will omit them from my model.

-=tom=-
Hi Tom,
absolutely wise move.
a) the screws got lost when I got the riped open package (as all the other screws)
b) not to scale
c) too much weight

I glue the screens in with my most sophisticated canopy glue (AKA PVA craft glue)

Cheers,
Andreas
Jun 05, 2019, 10:23 AM
Registered User
Lightning, how did you slave the slats with the flaps? Did you just use a Y cable? Looks like that's the way to go.

This isn't a kit, it's a jigsaw puzzle...
Last edited by tommy potatoes; Jun 05, 2019 at 04:57 PM.
Jun 06, 2019, 03:04 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy potatoes
Lightning, how did you slave the slats with the flaps? Did you just use a Y cable? Looks like that's the way to go.

This isn't a kit, it's a jigsaw puzzle...
Hi Tommy, lol, yes you are right, a mega jigsaw puzzle.

Yes, Y-Lead after the wing connectors (see picture a couple of posts back). Then go on the servo to the inner most hole for the slats, you just need a tiny movement and normal hole on the flap side.
Jun 06, 2019, 05:41 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Small progress, but I installed the hinges.
I used a 2mm wire as guide and glued them in with thin CA glue.
Seems to work OK, not sure what Stoik's problem is.
@Stoik Do you have some pictures?
Jun 06, 2019, 07:30 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
CryHavoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJacoby
Lightning, are you going to install the tiny screws around the windows?

I wonder where the designer got the idea for all those screws, as the full-scale aircraft doesn't seem to have them. I will omit them from my model.

-=tom=-
I remarked on this in one of the threads before the production kits were released at how bad the windows look. I really wonder why the designer thought it needed to look that way. Kind of a cross between a Storch and a Russian tank. Personally I would either use the holes as a "follow the dots" cut line, or simply make all new parts to thin the window frame to something resembling scale.

Mike
Jun 06, 2019, 01:32 PM
Registered User
Hello thanks for welcome,

@lightning11

here my photos, the drill from rudder horn its almost same axis like the rudder hinge drill.
i think it will work like my "think-works" photo, with longer rudder horn.

Btw. its your cat a main coon or norwegian forest cat? my its a norwegian mix.
Last edited by Stoik; Jun 06, 2019 at 02:57 PM.
Jun 07, 2019, 12:57 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoik
Hello thanks for welcome,

@lightning11

here my photos, the drill from rudder horn its almost same axis like the rudder hinge drill.
i think it will work like my "think-works" photo, with longer rudder horn.

Btw. its your cat a main coon or norwegian forest cat? my its a norwegian mix.
Its a Main Coon Boy, 16month old.

OK, I see what you mean, I'll connect the servos tonight and have a play.
Jun 07, 2019, 01:00 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc
I remarked on this in one of the threads before the production kits were released at how bad the windows look. I really wonder why the designer thought it needed to look that way. Kind of a cross between a Storch and a Russian tank. Personally I would either use the holes as a "follow the dots" cut line, or simply make all new parts to thin the window frame to something resembling scale.

Mike
Yeah, the windows are quite off, the framing is far too wide and the back windows are too small. I was thinking of making them bigger, but have decided against, it was supposed to be a quick fun project, not the usual nutty scale one.
Those screws add heaps of dead weight rather out a bigger battery in ;-)
Jun 08, 2019, 06:16 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoik
Hello thanks for welcome,

@lightning11

here my photos, the drill from rudder horn its almost same axis like the rudder hinge drill.
i think it will work like my "think-works" photo, with longer rudder horn.

Btw. its your cat a main coon or norwegian forest cat? my its a norwegian mix.
@Stoik, looks like you used the wrong horns. The ones you used are for the rudder and elevator.
See picture.

However they also don't fit that nicely, as the holes don't line up with the hingeline, so I drew new ones and printed them. They work very nicely.
Last edited by lightning11; Jun 08, 2019 at 06:24 AM.
Jun 08, 2019, 06:20 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
All assembled.
Tomorrow...filling screw holes and then painting.
Jun 08, 2019, 06:23 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
just in case someon want's to print them, too.
Jun 08, 2019, 12:47 PM
Registered User
This horn not exist in my kit, i thinks my kit its a pre version. it was a presale.
looks fantastic with cover!

i covert current only a wing.
Jun 08, 2019, 03:17 PM
Registered User
I found a site with storch decals in a compatible scale... Anybody else planning on insignia? https://www.pyramidmodels.com/shop/p...orch_decal_set
Jun 09, 2019, 01:07 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoik
This horn not exist in my kit, i thinks my kit its a pre version. it was a presale.
looks fantastic with cover!

i covert current only a wing.
I saw there is a "V2" probably that's the reason they are in a diffent pack!
Well you can use the STL as a template, they work well.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Durafly Fieseler Fi 156 Storch robertmax Scale ARF/RTF 0 Apr 12, 2017 01:49 PM
Video Durafly Fieseler Fi 156 Storch robertmax Electric Warbirds 0 Apr 12, 2017 01:47 PM
Robbe Fieseler FI 156 "Storch" dave_lilley Scale Kit/Scratch Built 0 Jun 04, 2002 01:16 AM