This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2019, 06:14 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Yet another project!

That critter in the photo below was one which came with two other models, both of which have been mentioned in previous blogs and are pictured below. Both are decade-old E-flite examples and both fly great after some loving. One is an Adagio 280 motor glider and the other is a Mini Ultra-Stick.

What this .55-powered model is is anyone's guess. It's a sport plane, obviously kit built and fairly good sized with a 6' wingspan. More importantly, it came with an O.S. .55 which is still very much in production! New o-rings for the needle valve are on order and while the crankcase as a small chunk taken out of it near the rear muffler mounting bolt, it doesn't appear to be critical. Even the fuel tank appears to be in good shape and it'll get a new pickup hose.

Incredibly, it has standard Futaba servos! Three in the fuse and one on the wing working torque rods for the ailerons.

I bought a strip of self-adhesive Monokote trim so that I can easily fix some small rips in the covering. I also bought a new tail wheel. I already had a brand new motor mount on hand. To sum up, this will be a seriously low-buck project!

UPDATE: The new tail wheel is in place. Better still, I had two new/old 2.25" Du-Bro wheels with rubber tires on hand which replaced the narfed-out 2.5" Du-Bro foamies. All of the servos work and the little rips in the covering have been patched. I even covered that bare wood behind the pilot bust! On to that torn covering visible on the right wingtip. I'll do it in more of that Insignia Blue trim.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; May 23, 2019 at 06:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply