May 25, 2019, 06:33 PM
It's time for me to fly
Thanks Jim.

I found it on eBay....just $5.95, plus $95.00 shipping from Australia
Last edited by JimZinVT; May 25, 2019 at 06:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 10:02 PM
Themadartist

Go-Between "mule" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZinVT
Thanks Jim.

I found it on eBay....just $5.95, plus $95.00 shipping from Australia
Jim, are you anywhere near Matin, or have any mutual contacts ??? We could easily send a few rolls back with him in September - not too much space, and almost no weight. Steve.
May 26, 2019, 07:16 AM
It's time for me to fly
Thanks Steve, but no, I'm almost as far away from where Matin lives as you can be and still be in the same country.
The stuff I'm using works fine for the very few fuses I'm likely to mold.
May 26, 2019, 08:47 PM
Slow builder
I tried go between but found the heavy duty orange garbage bags better.
May 26, 2019, 11:06 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AL_
I tried go between but found the heavy duty orange garbage bags better.
Ahh, ok.
How long is the max length you can get out of them Al?
I only tend to build bigger models these days...............failing eyesight etc......................
May 27, 2019, 02:50 AM
Slow builder
About garbage bag length I guess. I only tried short stuff so far..

Al
May 27, 2019, 09:33 AM
It's time for me to fly
Depending on how the bag is seamed, you might cut the sides and unfold to 6' or more. I have used the thinner clear trash bags this way as vacuum bags.
May 27, 2019, 06:17 PM
Slow builder
If I can get home before 8pm I'll have a look at the bags tonight & see how long they are.
May 28, 2019, 08:45 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
I use .7 mil (I know...) plastic painter's drop cloth from Home Depot. It costs about $3 for more than you can use in most of a lifetime and when you draw vacuum it will stretch to about 10x its original size. Thicker stuff is better for outer bags, but this stuff works great in applications where you may want "strechlon" type of plastic
May 28, 2019, 06:22 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for that Tom, I'll look for a local equivalent. I was looking at strechalon LFT, so a easy to access alternative would be welcome
May 28, 2019, 06:56 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMag
Thanks for that Tom, I'll look for a local equivalent. ......................
Bunnings.................
May 28, 2019, 07:22 PM
Thread OP
Yup. Or local car paint shop
Jun 17, 2019, 09:30 AM
RaceMeg: This is how I did the internal bladder and external vacuum bag. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Tail%29/page4 See post #49. I tried the painter's drop cloth thin vinyl for the outer bag, buthe legs on my fuse mold poked holes in the vinyl. I use the heaver 18" tube vacuum bag with plastic clamp seal one end and cheep caulk on the end with the inner bag breather hose. When done bagging, you cut off the end with the culking to avoid the mess. The only thing you have to clean up is the tube as it gets caulking all over it when you pull the cut end off the end so you can open up the bag to put out the fuse and put it into the hot box with internal bladder still inside. After overnight in the hot box, I remove the inner bladder by twisting the hose to collapse the bladder and tugging at the same time.

Tom f.
Jun 18, 2019, 04:45 AM
Thread OP
Thanks. Very helpful - this is the way we have to go I think.

Quick Reply