May 22, 2019, 07:29 AM
Thread OP
Complaint

tamiyafan1975 still scamming people

Why has tamiyafan1975 not been removed from RC groups. Seems like he has been causing problems since at least 2012.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...posting-update

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Tamiyafan1975

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-tamiyafan1975

My experience is the same, I posted a wanted ad, he said he had one, said he would ship it over the weekend because he was away on work, kept telling me work was keeping him busy, and then just pretty much stopped responding to PMs.

When I sent him the money, I only looked at his trader rating, which is very deceptive. I find it odd he has very few 'negative' comments but when you do a google search, you find many threads complaining about him. I am kicking myself for not googling his username first, but his trader rating was big enough I assumed everything would be fine.

I am done with buying/selling on RC groups. I can see now that RC groups can't be bothered to remove someone with a long history of shady dealings, and it explains why its a flip of the coin when you deal with people on here whether or not you are going to have a problem with your transaction.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 09:52 AM
RCG Admin
He doesn't fit the MO of a typical scammer. He's been here seen 2008 and has a ton of positive trader ratings. There are two sides to every story and since he's had so many positive deals, it doesn't seem ban worthy.
May 22, 2019, 10:12 AM
Thread OP
Read every single communication I have had with him and then please explain to me the other side of the story where its not a ripoff that I have sent $250 to him and have nothing in return, and haven't had a communication from him in 2 days after I specifically asked for my money back. I made a HUGE mistake that I will admit to, sending it through paypal as 'friend' so there would be no fees for him. I did that based on his trader rating, which is why he is so dangerous. At best, you might get your stuff and have a miserable experience. At worst, you will have no product, be out the money you sent, and not receive any responses, which is in the situation I am in. Assuming I give him the benefit of the doubt and he is not a complete scam artist, just a very, very busy person, then he has no business selling stuff on here if he cant respond to messages and ship things in a timely fashion.

4/30 rohdem:
Thinking about upgrading from a DX8 G1. Looking for the black version without the Rx.

Thanks,
Mike

May 7th: tamiyafan1975:
Hi Mike. I have one available. It’s actually new in the box. I’m using a dx9 instead. I’d let it
Go for $250 shipped. Comes with the lithium battery and charger. Let me know thanks.

May 7th: rohdem:
I'd be willing to do $250 for NIB. Paypal OK? I'll send as 'friend' so no fees.

Just to be clear, nothing against you, you have a great seller rating, but I've been told new in the box before and it clearly wasn't.... its never been removed from the original packaging? and we are talking about the DX8 generation 2 black one, part #SPMR8100? And its most definitely never been registered with Horizon or has any model setups or anything on it?

Thanks!
Mike

May 7th: rohdem:
Had the product number wrong in my last message, I meant SPMR8000

May 7th: tamiyafan1975:
Hey bud. Yes it’s the latest version never been registered or used for any reason.
The only heads up I wanted to give you was I won’t be able to ship it until I got back from a work trip which would be this weekend. If you’re ok with that let’s do it.

PayPal is [email protected]

May 8th: tamiyafan1975:
Let me know if that’s ok with you , either way. Thanks bud

May 8th: rohdem:
I'll send you the money shortly. Please ship to:
Mike Rohde

Thanks!
Mike

May 9th: tamiyafan1975:
Thanks got it. I will ship it as soon as possible thanks again

May 14th: rohdem:
Hello again,
Just wanted to see if you were able to ship the radio this weekend?

Thanks,
Mike

May 15th: tamiyafan1975:
Hi Mike. Sorry for the late response. I wanted to apologize I expected to be back in town Friday but I’m still stuck out here until tomorrow. As soon as I get back I’ll get it boxed and shipped I hope that’s ok. This job schedule was so out of whack. I’ll throw something else in as well for you. Once again I’m sorry

May 15th: rohdem:
Ok, keep me posted. Thanks.

May 17th: rohdem:
Hello,

Did you get a chance to ship the radio?

Thanks
Mike

May 19th: rohdem:
Hello,

I think I've been fairly patient. Seems like you've been around on rcgroups for quite awhile, so I figured everything was on the up and up, but then I came across this post, which sounds awfully familiar:

And seems like he's not the only one that has had problems with you. So at this point, I need to ask for a refund back and I will just buy the radio through Horizon. If I don't get the refund back by tomorrow morning, I will open a case with paypal and dispute the charge on my credit card.

Thanks,
Mike

May 20th: tamiyafan1975:
Mike, I apologize for the delay I travel a lot for work and sometimes my schedule screws thongs up. I have the radio boxed up and ready to ship if you still want it. It would probably get there by Friday. Would that be ok with you? I’ll throw in a free Spektrum 4 channel receiver new in box as well. Let me know thanks Mike

May 20th: rohdem
I'd just prefer a refund. Thanks.
May 22, 2019, 10:40 AM
RCG Admin
We don’t get in the middle of disputes. We never recommend sending funds as friends as family. I do hope you get this resolved quickly though.
May 22, 2019, 02:27 PM
Admin Deluxe
I will add that it's better to keep a seller's account active so that users can look at trader feedback for good information on past transactions. If an account is created solely for scamming then I will step in and take a look.
May 22, 2019, 02:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
I will add that it's better to keep a seller's account active so that users can look at trader feedback for good information on past transactions. If an account is created solely for scamming then I will step in and take a look.
So occasionally just taking someone's money and not shipping anything is OK. Gotcha!
May 22, 2019, 02:50 PM
RCG Admin
We didn’t say that.
May 22, 2019, 03:12 PM
Admin Deluxe
Paypal is always your first line of defense.

Quick Reply